Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding The Seven Year Itch scene

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Seconding The Seven Year Itch scene

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What?
    It's bloody awful.

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #47: The bear attack scene from The Revenant (2015), directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu:

What about this?

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #47: The bear attack scene from The Revenant (2015), directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu:

What about this?
    That's much better. SECONDED!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

What about this?
    That's much better. SECONDED!
    That was an amazing scene!! Good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 45

Scene: "You always were an asshole, Gorman."
    Film: Aliens
    Director: James Cameron
    Year: 1986
    Spoiler: Yes (a major character dies)

How to die like a real badass....

Someone second this FFS!
    NOMINATION # 47

Scene: Bloody Christmas
    Film: L.A. Confidential
    Director: Curtis Hanson
    Year: 1997
    Spoiler: No

An ensemble cast, Oscar winning, film noir masterpiece.... Truly MAGNIFICENT!

Cough.... Cough....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Is it just me or have we gone from having almost nothing getting in to having almost every single nomination getting in almost immediately?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Is it just me or have we gone from having almost nothing getting in to having almost every single nomination getting in almost immediately?
    It's just you.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's just you.
    I have like 10 scenes that need a second? If one of you second one it will seem slow cause they are older. Will you please?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 45

Scene: "You always were an asshole, Gorman."
    Film: Aliens
    Director: James Cameron
    Year: 1986
    Spoiler: Yes (a major character dies)

How to die like a real badass....

Second
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

So it looks like only 10 spots remain, so be mindful of your noms and seconds, this is the home stretch here, so hopefully we don't leave out anything truly deserving.

Country
    Country Flag

Even though this process started out tough... it turned into a lot of fun. I only wish more members would have enjoyed it with us. I hope the last 10 spots are worthy of our tournament!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nom # 49

LOTR
    BIG ASS BATTLE... not sure what to call it.. but I got goosebumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZ3SN65kIs
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #48: The Battle on the Ice scene from Alexander Nevsky (1938), directed by Sergei Eisenstein:

Speaking of battles, this is one of the most epic battles on film ever. It's a tad long, yes, but such an amazing piece of film-making.

A great recent review/analysis: http://www.limelightmagazine.com.au/...re-coming.aspx
    The film however remains visually stunning. Its dramatic shots glare in terse black and white, yielding unforgettable images. Teutonic Knights throw babies into fire as bound captors swing back and forth. Young women eagerly swap their peasant clothes for helmets, chain mail and freshly smelted swords. Advancing waves of Germans in crisp white gallop across the ice under giant skies. Then there’s the famous battle scene, a lengthy MTV montage of sound and action that became the template for countless later filmic battle scenes.

Country
    Country Flag

Soul Survivor scene from Unbreakable SECONDED!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #52

This is no dream, this is really happening!
    Rosemary's Baby
    Polanski

I can't find the full scene yet but here is a snippet...

Spoiler

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 48

Scene: The Kiss
    Film: Cruel Intentions
    Director: Roger Kumble
    Year: 1999

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair get it on....

Country
    Country Flag

Seconding the scene from Primal Fear. Love that movie, great performance by Edward Norton. Wish he would do more acting.

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 48

Scene: The Kiss
    Film: Cruel Intentions
    Director: Roger Kumble
    Year: 1999

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Selma Blair get it on....

The video won't imbed because I'm using my cell phone. Just click on the link....
    This was amazing.. seconded
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

It's just you.
    No it's not. Looking back through the thread when 3rds were still required, only about 19% of all the nominated scenes were officially in. Now about 70% of the total nominated scenes are in. That's quite a jump.

It is what it is at this point but I think we should have kept the 3rd requirement. Getting rid of nomination caps and lowering the wait time between noms/seconds probably would've been sufficient.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It's just you.
    No it's not. Looking back through the thread when 3rds were still required, only about 19% of all the nominated scenes were officially in. Now about 70% of the total nominated scenes are in. That's quite a jump.

It is what it is at this point but I think we should have kept the 3rd requirement. Getting rid of nomination caps and lowering the wait time between noms/seconds probably would've been sufficient.
    That's funny, you seemed to be in favour of aborting the 3rd requirement, when you posted this back in April....

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Not to be Debbie Downer or anything but the nomination process has been going on for about a month and a half now. Looking at the google sheet we have a grand total of 210 scenes that have been nominated. Out of that, only 66 have been seconded and third-ed to make it to the "officially in" status. We are supposed to get to a total of 256.

If it keeps up at this pace, it's going to be another 5-6 months before this thing even starts.
    Perhaps do away with the 3rd? How many do we have seconded?

61 have been seconded. That would get us halfway to our goal.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The Battle of Hoth - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - SECONDED

This scene is actually on the nominated list two times. Does that mean it should technically be on the seconded list?

If so, let me know so I can second something else instead.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    The Battle of Hoth - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - SECONDED

This scene is actually on the nominated list two times. Does that mean it should technically be on the seconded list?

If so, let me know so I can second something else instead.
    I can't access the Google sheet on my cell phone, but I'm pretty sure it has already been Seconded.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast