Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

What if I want to nominate a scene, but cant find a clip?
    I want to nominate a scene from "Auntie Mame"...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Something to do with Agnes Gooch?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

No, I wasnt thinking of Gooch, but she's quite a funny character!
    I was thinking of when Babcock calls and wakes Mame up, saying he's within spitting distance ("How vivid") and Mame has to become presentable PDQ.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has this been nominated?

"Earn This".
    Saving Pvt Ryan

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I realize I cannot nominate again as yet, but perhaps these may inspire some folks. Plus I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon. Grandson is out of town!!! lol

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Has this been nominated?

"Earn This".
    Saving Pvt Ryan

Spoiler:

No, it hasn't been nominated yet.

Do you want to make this an official nomination, Bill? Or would you prefer to nominate one of the other five scenes you mentioned?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Has this been nominated?

"Earn This".
    Saving Pvt Ryan

Spoiler:

No, it hasn't been nominated yet.

Do you want to make this an official nomination, Bill? Or would you prefer to nominate one of the other five scenes you mentioned?

Yes. I'm sorry I forgot to "formally" nominate the Saving Pvt Ryan" scene. Please do list it as official. The other scenes posted were for fun and inspiration only. Just a bored old man having some fun and hoping it has some good in the end!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, just fun and inspiration. I'll leave it to others to determine the in/out validity of these scenes.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, just fun and inspiration. I'll leave it to others to determine the in/out validity of these scenes.

Spoiler:
    That was actually going to be my next nomination, when I can go again....

"Get some pussy, Boston!" LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And just for some "Shits & Giggles".......................................... ........ .

Spoiler:

BTW, does anyone remember, "Dogma"? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Now that Bill made the Saving Private Ryan scene an official entry, it appears that I CAN nominate again....

Nomination # 27

Scene: My Boy's Wicked Smart
    Film: Good Will Hunting
    Director: Gus Van Sant
    Year: 1997
    Spoiler: No

I went with a longer video clip that shows the full scene.... "Get some pussy, Boston!" LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that Bill made the Saving Private Ryan scene an official entry, it appears that I CAN nominate again....

Nomination # 27

Scene: My Boy's Wicked Smart
    Film: Good Will Hunting
    Director: Gus Van Sant
    Year: 1997
    Spoiler: No

I went with a longer video clip that shows the full scene.... "Get some pussy, Boston!" LOL! LOL!

Second!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm very late to this, but before I nominate and throw everything off whack...

If a scene is not listed on the nominated/seconded/finalized list, I can nominate it, right?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm very late to this, but before I nominate and throw everything off whack...

If a scene is not listed on the nominated/seconded/finalized list, I can nominate it, right?
    Yep, that's right.

Good to have you here, Amanda!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Clifftop Duel - The Princess Bride - SECONDED

I'm sure I still did that wrong.

But since I just seconded a scene, I have to wait 5 posts to nominate my own or to third a scene?

Country
    Country Flag

But since I just seconded a scene, I have to wait 5 posts to nominate my own or to third a scene?
    Not at all. The rules were changed ten days ago when Mattrick abdicated his responsibility for running this tournament. See below....

It has been agreed that I take control of the tournament, with Mattrick acting as co-host when he returns.

In order to save this tournament and to move things forward, I'm implementing the following rule changes with immediate effect:

1. There is no longer an individual limit on movie scene "nominations". Please continue to number your nominations though, so I can keep track of numbers / participation rates.

2. The process of having to "third" movie scenes is scrapped. If a movie scene is good enough to be "seconded", then it's in!

3. The wait time between nominating/seconding remains at 3.

These new rules should help to get things back on track, and alleviate a lot of the frustration felt amongst participants . When I finish work later this evening (UK time), I will update the Google sheet to reflect the changes made.

I hope this helps!
    If you "second" a movie scene, you can still "nominate" as they are two different actions. See below....

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do I have to wait 3 posts after a second to nominate something? Or is there no wait between the two different actions?
    There is no wait between the two different actions. Please feel free to nominate a movie scene.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification. I knew I'd screw things up in no time. And if, no, WHEN I screw up, please point it out and I'll fix it.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, cool. Thanks for the clarification. I knew I'd screw things up in no time. And if, no, WHEN I screw up, please point it out and I'll fix it.
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

Clifftop Duel - The Princess Bride - SECONDED

I'm sure I still did that wrong.
    You "seconded" that perfectly.

I want to nominate:

Plastic Jesus scene - Cool Hand Luke

Spoiler:

This film has a lot of iconic scenes, but this one always always gets me right in the gut.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #11

Death Ship - Nosferatu (1922)

Spoiler:
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Surprisingly I don't think there's been a scene from Citizen Kane nominated yet?

Nomination 7
    Kane's Boyhood - Citizen Kane

Dir. Orson Welles 1941

I chose this scene for several reasons. It is arguably the most important scene of the film. It sets up Kane's entire future. The film comes full circle right back to this very important scene. The use of filming techniques is also top notch. Orson Welles was an amazing director, and brought so much to film. He definitely liked to play and experiment with different types of camera work, which can be seen here.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, that is a great scene and movie as well. I'll second that!!!!!
    This scene got seconded, but I noticed on the spreadsheet that it didn't get moved over. When you do the next update do you mind switching it. Thanks
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll definitely second Nosferatu!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination #23

You fuck my wife?
    Raging Bull
    Scorsese

SPOILER NSFW

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #25: "Fuckstick" from Bad Santa (2003), directed by Terry Zwigoff:

Speaking of fucking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast