Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1600

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed what's the play here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He'll return to participate and act as co-host.

Gunslinger Apprentice blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough blunthead is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    already officially entered.

sk
    Yeah, like I was gonna go back thru all the posts to make sure. :-)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So who is running this now? And are the max number of noms ever going to be moved up? Are we still sticking with having to 3rd everything as well?

As mentioned before, even if we continue on at the rate we have been, it'll be December before we start...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes... tim?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Go for it, T-Dogz.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has been agreed that I take control of the tournament, with Mattrick acting as co-host when he returns.

In order to save this tournament and to move things forward, I'm implementing the following rule changes with immediate effect:

1. There is no longer an individual limit on movie scene "nominations". Please continue to number your nominations though, so I can keep track of numbers / participation rates.

2. The process of having to "third" movie scenes is scrapped. If a movie scene is good enough to be "seconded", then it's in!

3. The wait time between nominating/seconding remains at 3.

These new rules should help to get things back on track, and alleviate a lot of the frustration felt amongst participants . When I finish work later this evening (UK time), I will update the Google sheet to reflect the changes made.

I hope this helps!

Country
    Country Flag

BOOM!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #8

I'd like to nominate this scary scene from The Babadook

The Babadook - Nighttime Scene

Spoiler:
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #21: The automat scene from Easy Living (1937), directed by Mitchell Leisen:

This is one of my favorite movies from the '30s but it's not as widely known, I'm afraid. But I think this scene is pretty iconic.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    nomination #17

Now we don't have any Italian Giallo yet, do we?
    Here's one of the best scenes ever, from the absolute master of the genre - except maybe for Mario Bava.

scene: double homicide
    film: Suspiria
    director: Dario Argento
    year: 1977

soundtrack: Goblin!! Most awesome soundtrack ever!

Second! I was just thinking we need some more good horror scenes nominated.
    My god, I nominated what I consider to be one of modern horror error's most iconic scenes early on in this thing (the one where the girl comes out of the TV screen in The Ring). I could not even get a second. It's still sitting in column one. I just don't understand.
    I'll second that!! I missed it. Man the first time I seen that ... it tripped me out!!!
    The Ring Samira scene has been seconded. Can some move it over a column. Am I correct in assuming that with the change, columns two and three will be merged?

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination # 21

Scene: The Barbarian Horde Battle Scene
    Film: Gladiator
    Director: Ridley Scott
    Year: 2000
    Spoiler: None

Country
    Country Flag

The Ring Samira scene has been seconded. Can some move it over a column. Am I correct in assuming that with the change, columns two and three will be merged?
    I will be doing a full update of the Google sheet very soon, including merging columns two and three.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I will be doing a full update of the Google sheet very soon, including merging columns two and three.
    You are a better than man than I.

Country
    Country Flag

The Google Sheet has been fully updated and columns two and three merged. We currently now have 139 official entries in the tournament!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination:

The Dirty Dozen
    Scene: Jim Brown bombing

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Until recently I've been good at updating the Google Sheets along with T-Dogz. His presence here has been more than any of us. I don't love making all the scenes seconded automatically in, but I understand why it needs to be done. There's a lot of average scenes that got seconds somehow.

I just hope this doesn't squeeze out more deserving scenes that haven't even been nominated yet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Nomination # 21

Scene: The Barbarian Horde Battle Scene
    Film: Gladiator
    Director: Ridley Scott
    Year: 2000
    Spoiler: None

Seconded!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thirding a scene is no longer necessary?

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Thirding a scene is no longer necessary?

sk
    The requirement to "third" a scene has been scrapped entirely. Scenes that are "seconded" become official entries in the tournament.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the list on the first page up to date, or is there a new list going somewhere I missed? I'm going to try to jump in on some movie scene action, but don't want to duplicate.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Is the list on the first page up to date, or is there a new list going somewhere I missed? I'm going to try to jump in on some movie scene action, but don't want to duplicate.
    The list is fully up to date. At the bottom of the spreadsheet on the left hand side, there is a tab that annotates what post # it has been updated to, and by whom.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nomination 21

They're coming to get you Barbara!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I second the Death of Bonnie and Clyde.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #21: The kissing scene from We're the Millers (2013), directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber:

A very underrated movie and such a funny scene. For context, Jennifer Aniston and Emma Roberts play Will Poulter's pretend mother and sister.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 64 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast