Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 645 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 618 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. I admit the rights this is confusing me. How can the rights be nullified. You either have a King book or you don't. And you can only get another King book (assuming there is another one), if you have the last one. Why would it drop if Paul did another King book, Maybe I am the only one who is confused in which case, feel free to disregard my questions.
    Rights follow the latest publication.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So how can you have a Misery and not have rights I guess is my question.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

You asked:

Why would it drop if Paul did another King book
    I was responding to that.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen a Misery numbered sale that did not include the rights to future Kings? Just the book only.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike, if another King book comes out. THAT one has rights and Misery no longer has them. It will continue like that until they stop.... Misery could be it... OR he could do 10 more.. who knows?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. I admit the rights this is confusing me. How can the rights be nullified. You either have a King book or you don't. And you can only get another King book (assuming there is another one), if you have the last one. Why would it drop if Paul did another King book, Maybe I am the only one who is confused in which case, feel free to disregard my questions.
    I could have sworn that the rights info had been discussed ad nauseam.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Mike, if another King book comes out. THAT one has rights and Misery no longer has them. It will continue like that until they stop.... Misery could be it... OR he could do 10 more.. who knows?
    OK. Thanks. That makes sense. to me.

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I could have sworn that the rights info had been discussed ad nauseam.
    Sorry Randall, but this is the first time I am dealing with books in this manner so I get confused some times. My L.D sometimes kicks in and makes it hard for me to grasp things others grasp right away.
    I won't ask again.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The rights are the expensive thing. Once the next book is out, the rights are with that book, and the previous book reverts to nearer the issue price.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The rights are the expensive thing. Once the next book is out, the rights are with that book, and the previous book reverts to nearer the issue price.
    I have to disagree. In this case anyways Alan. Think of some other higher end King books. That’s all I’m saying... and this is bar none the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to disagree. In this case anyways Alan. Think of some other higher end King books. That’s all I’m saying... and this is bar none the best.

So sayeth the Lord, Alan.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that the rights are valuable, and I also think it's possible that we will see even higher prices for this edition if another King book is announced, followed by a dip in prices after the new book is released and the rights are transferred.

But, with the caveat that I have not seen this book in person, I think that the bulk of the value is inherent in the production, and agree with Kris that it will settle down at a price substantially above list. My low guess is $2500, my high guess is $4000 - quite a range, I admit. And thus possible that some of the people buying it now will see a drop in value. BUT anybody buying it now will have the opportunity to purchase the next release at list and reap a substantial bonanza!

The worst case scenario is that someone purchases this book at $4k and it later becomes made clear through either Paul or King that there definitely won't be another Suntup King book. In that case I would expect the person to simply be happy to own a beautifully produced book, one that multiple people have already said is one of the best produced books on the market If it was someone buying at $4k with the intention of flipping the book, I have no pity, because taking risks is part of the flipping business model and if every book always appreciated it wouldn't take much skill to make money doing it!

One more thought on the relative price - I can't imagine that the numbered Misery would ever fall below the price of the S/L The Stand. I think that's a good book for comparison because it is a beautiful production on its own, and it never carried any rights. And there is only 1 copy of Misery for every 6 copies of The Stand... If you think The Stand will hold steady at $2k (or wherever), you should always expect Misery to be at least that.

Just my thoughts

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

...and this is bar none the best.
    Maybe; maybe not. Certainly one of the best.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

So sayeth the Lord, Alan.
    What are your thoughts? Have you opened yours yet?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The price might go down a bit when/if the rights transfer to another King book, but it’s going to get nowhere near the issue price of 525 dollars. I think the closest it will ever get is 4 times that, and that’s a lowball value considering the small print run and production quality.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice louis2003b has a spectacular aura about louis2003b has a spectacular aura about

If anyone is looking for a Lettered Edition of The Haunting of Hill House and future rights send me a Pm.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Given the recent eBay auction, it seems like the price is set - $1995 (probably less without the swag), and that is with the future rights. Should there ever be another one from Paul, I would guess that Misery will settle in around the $1500 range (Swag and remarques will cause minor ups and downs). While the production value is fantastic, The Stand is in another stratosphere, both in overall production and in popularity. Yes, the number is significantly higher, but with a stronger fandom and with no artist edition, it's the only game in town. Just one man's guess.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Given the recent eBay auction, it seems like the price is set - $1995 (probably less without the swag), and that is with the future rights. Should there ever be another one from Paul, I would guess that Misery will settle in around the $1500 range (Swag and remarques will cause minor ups and downs). While the production value is fantastic, The Stand is in another stratosphere, both in overall production and in popularity. Yes, the number is significantly higher, but with a stronger fandom and with no artist edition, it's the only game in town. Just one man's guess.
    That was not an auction. That was a mistake by the seller at a $1995 buy it now. There is MANY sales $3750+ that are documented

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That was not an auction. That was a mistake by the seller at a $1995 buy it now. There is MANY sales $3750+ that are documented

Kris, I get what you are saying, but there are always sales early on that exceed expectations. There are always a couple of collectors that miss out and must have it. I remember selling one of my signed/limiteds of Salem's Lot right after getting it. I got $2700. Then things settled down. I know that there were no future ordering rights involved. I still think that should there ever be a future King limited from Paul, that once that limited takes over for Misery as the future rights book, that Misery will settle into the $1500 market range.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

You both make valid points.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=DoctorZaius;1120925]

Kris, I get what you are saying, but there are always sales early on that exceed expectations. There are always a couple of collectors that miss out and must have it. I remember selling one of my signed/limiteds of Salem's Lot right after getting it. I got $2700. Then things settled down. I know that there were no future ordering rights involved. I still think that should there ever be a future King limited from Paul, that once that limited takes over for Misery as the future rights book, that Misery will settle into the $1500

I respectively disagree. I believe I’m pretty proficient in the value of King collectables.
    There is no one... in our lifetime that will sell a Suntup Misery for $1500. Never.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1120928]

Kris, I get what you are saying, but there are always sales early on that exceed expectations. There are always a couple of collectors that miss out and must have it. I remember selling one of my signed/limiteds of Salem's Lot right after getting it. I got $2700. Then things settled down. I know that there were no future ordering rights involved. I still think that should there ever be a future King limited from Paul, that once that limited takes over for Misery as the future rights book, that Misery will settle into the $1500

I respectively disagree. I believe I’m pretty proficient in the value of King collectables.
    There is no one... in our lifetime that will sell a Suntup Misery for $1500. Never.

AND brother... I sold 2 Salem’s this year. $2500 and $2750 for the record. Unreal but true my man

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=webstar1000;1120928]

Not challenging your "proficiency." Just playing out my logic. I also compare this Misery edition a lot to the signed/limited edition of The Green Mile, which has a slightly smaller print run. Recent sale $1800ish. Very popular book and movie as well. So maybe I'd up Misery to that range. Let's hope we both live long enough lives to see who's right, and if we find out at all it's because Paul does another signed King book, so let's hope for that too.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Suntup Press

Valid points on both sides. Theyre just opinions of course. My two cents is this: I dont see it ever going in the 1500 range...even if theres a fire(at least consistently) Novel popularity, production values, limited print run etc.

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

My Mood
    Chatty

Assuming the novel popularity factor doesn’t diminish, think it’s safe to assume the next King release will see similar spikes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 645 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 218 618 ... LastLast