Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Firestarter Rebound Edition

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would also like to switch from Full B&W to Blue eyes/B&W
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Do "The Shining"? Rare, I know but it really needs a re-binding.
    The cost of rebinding is the sum total of all of the aspects of acquiring the books, the involvement of the artists, the binder and materials needed, the slipcase or traycase production and several other elements.

In order to rebind 30 books Paul needs 35+ books. Not all of them end up being of use. Some turn out to not be first editions and some aren't in good enough condition, no matter the diligence involved in purchasing them. All other aspects being equal the initial cost of the source books is a large consideration in pricing the project. There was an ample supply of The Eyes of the Dragon which helped keep the cost down. There are fewer Firestarters which necessitates a greater investment to secure the page blocks to be rebound. Rebinding the Doubleday books would require a much larger investment. There simply aren't that many copies of them in decent condition available for reasonable prices. Not to say it isn't possible, but buying 35 copies of The Shining or The Stand in decent condition would be prohibitive. The final product would necessarily be priced beyond the means of most.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Do "The Shining"? Rare, I know but it really needs a re-binding.
    The cost of rebinding is the sum total of all of the aspects of acquiring the books, the involvement of the artists, the binder and materials needed, the slipcase or traycase production and several other elements.

In order to rebind 30 books Paul needs 35+ books. Not all of them end up being of use. Some turn out to not be first editions and some aren't in good enough condition, no matter the diligence involved in purchasing them. All other aspects being equal the initial cost of the source books is a large consideration in pricing the project. There was an ample supply of The Eyes of the Dragon which helped keep the cost down. There are fewer Firestarters which necessitates a greater investment to secure the page blocks to be rebound. Rebinding the Doubleday books would require a much larger investment. There simply aren't that many copies of them in decent condition available for reasonable prices. Not to say it isn't possible, but buying 35 copies of The Shining or The Stand in decent condition would be prohibitive. The final product would necessarily be priced beyond the means of most.
    I know, but he asked. It is certainly a novel in dire need of re-binding is all I meant.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO There are already to many limited editions of the THE SHINING already.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    IMHO There are already to many limited editions of the THE SHINING already.
    Perhaps some of those could be rebound?

j/k

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know, but he asked. It is certainly a novel in dire need of re-binding is all I meant.
    I quoted you, but my post was meant simply to put it in perspective for everyone.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

All but two of the original EOTD buyers have purchased Firestarter, which translates to a 92% retention. Right now 96% of the Firestarter book is sold and I have one copy left if anyone is interested. Wait list people have already been given an opportunity.

So anyone looking for a copy, send me a PM. Once that is gone, this book will be sold out.

I will be posting more pictures and updates as it moves through production.

Thank you everyone again for your support of these projects! A big part of why I do this is because of your enthusiasm and the joy these books bring...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Paul And thank you for putting these wonderful editions together for us crazies....

Hope to see Pet Sematary next.......

Brian

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian and Tommy...

Even though I've been a tech guy for most of my life, when it comes to social media, I'm about as social as I am in real life. That being, not much at all... I'm not really into Facebook.. Sure I log in every so often to see what my 'friends' had for breakfast, but I don't post much at all. I do like to catch up on news from my brother in South Africa though, and other family members.

Creating Facebook pages? Forget it...

A friend of mine kept telling me I have to make a Facebook for some projects I'm working on; one of them being these rebound books, and I finally caved to the pressure. I figure it's a nice way to keep folks updated as the book goes through the process of being made, and anything else of interest.

So I created this page and will post updates that I think would be of interest.

Feel free to Like it and maybe I'll feel a little more social and popular than I usually do...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Liked
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I would "Like" the hell out of your page but... I'm even less social on social media than you, I don't even have a Facebook page.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Same here.

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Same here...see no reason to tell what I had for breakfast ect.....I may join just to search for friends from the past (High School) ect....Checkout Pauls page and check on my Creepshow figures I ordered some 4-yrs ago lol

Brian

Same for me as well. This forum and the Cemetery Dance forum are as social as I get on the internet I'm afraid.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting to see there others like me when it comes to social media. I can't help but feel there is this whole world out there in the cloud that I'm not a part of.

Anyway, I'll post updates here as well for those who aren't on FB.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Interesting to see there others like me when it comes to social media. I can't help but feel there is this whole world out there in the cloud that I'm not a part of.

Anyway, I'll post updates here as well for those who aren't on FB.
    Good, since I don't have Facebook either.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I had my wife like all your posts. I am not on facebook either

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Liked as well Paul! I don't get on FB too often but now I will check this page when I do! Already love the pics you posted!

Brian(east-Tennessee) LOL, this year will be 5 years since I pre ordered that Nathan. Shrunken Head is also at the top of my must visit FB page list. If only to see how many more years it's going to take. However, if he ever does finish these it is going to be a gorgeous figure.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks Brian and Tommy...

Even though I've been a tech guy for most of my life, when it comes to social media, I'm about as social as I am in real life. That being, not much at all... I'm not really into Facebook.. Sure I log in every so often to see what my 'friends' had for breakfast, but I don't post much at all. I do like to catch up on news from my brother in South Africa though, and other family members.

Creating Facebook pages? Forget it...

A friend of mine kept telling me I have to make a Facebook for some projects I'm working on; one of them being these rebound books, and I finally caved to the pressure. I figure it's a nice way to keep folks updated as the book goes through the process of being made, and anything else of interest.

So I created this page and will post updates that I think would be of interest.

Feel free to Like it and maybe I'll feel a little more social and popular than I usually do...
    Like! I liked it here. Love the facebook page.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a production update.

I have approved the final proof for the cover artwork print. This process was more involved that I thought it would be. I went through 11 different proofs trying various types of paper and positioning before I was happy.

The finished giclée print will be on a fine art acid free, 100% cotton rag paper with a textured finish.

Once these are done, I'll be sending them off to Steven Stroud for signing.

Country
    Country Flag

I'd like some of the plain paper! Nice tooth to it.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Loving it!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice choice, Paul. I like that textured paper.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast