Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SECRET SANTA 2016

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!! Just, wow!!! I received my SS gift today and I'm totally blown away by the generosity that this person and his family extended to me. I'm pretty sure I know whom it is but I won't out him here. I'll leave that up to him whether he chooses to remain anonymous or not. I will share the letter I received with the package however as I think it further demonstrates what a great community we have here. This is the only King forum that I belong to but I still think it's the best out there. The amount of knowledge and the sharing of that knowledge on a daily basis here is unmatched IMO. We look out for each others interest and try to point the folks with those interest down the right paths so that they aren't deceived or taken advantage of. Are we perfect? Of course we're not, but at the end of the day I believe we'd all circle the wagons for a member in need.

When I opened the box today and saw the awesomeness inside; I immediately showed it to my wife who said, "You're crying". I said, "I know, right"?!. I said, "Look at this and then read this"! She said, "Wow, that's a pretty amazing gift". "No doubt"!, I say. So SS, from the bottom of my heart and that of my family's, thank you . I hope someday I'll be fortunate enough to return the favor your way. It's been a bit of a rough year for us and you shined a light into the dark. You're a great person, Charlie Brown and I hope the kindness and generosity that you have extended me is returned to you and yours tenfold! I will definitely try to make it a goal of mine in the New Year to pay it forward.

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Wow!!! Just, wow!!! I received my SS gift today and I'm totally blown away by the generosity that this person and his family extended to me. I'm pretty sure I know whom it is but I won't out him here. I'll leave that up to him whether he chooses to remain anonymous or not. I will share the letter I received with the package however as I think it further demonstrates what a great community we have here. This is the only King forum that I belong to but I still think it's the best out there. The amount of knowledge and the sharing of that knowledge on a daily basis here is unmatched IMO. We look out for each others interest and try to point the folks with those interest down the right paths so that they aren't deceived or taken advantage of. Are we perfect? Of course we're not, but at the end of the day I believe we'd all circle the wagons for a member in need.

When I opened the box today and saw the awesomeness inside; I immediately showed it to my wife who said, "You're crying". I said, "I know, right"?!. I said, "Look at this and then read this"! She said, "Wow, that's a pretty amazing gift". "No doubt"!, I say. So SS, from the bottom of my heart and that of my family's, thank you . I hope someday I'll be fortunate enough to return the favor your way. It's been a bit of a rough year for us and you shined a light into the dark. You're a great person, Charlie Brown and I hope the kindness and generosity that you have extended me is returned to you and yours tenfold! I will definitely try to make it a goal of mine in the New Year to pay it forward.

Classy as they come right there. Congrats man.... that made my day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Awesome man! Very happy for you. This right here is what our community is about. Such generosity. Bravo!

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That may be the most definitive example as to why we are the best Stephen King message and information board on the planet.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

That's amazing Brian, and Brian's SS!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That's fantastic, Brian!!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow ! You deserve it buddy

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool brother, you totally deserve it! Whoever your Secret Santa is, he/she has a huge heart!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Classy as they come right there. Congrats man.... that made my day
    Thanks, Kris and thanks for being the one to kick it off!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Awesome man! Very happy for you. This right here is what our community is about. Such generosity. Bravo!
    Thanks, Chad!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That may be the most definitive example as to why we are the best Stephen King message and information board on the planet.
    Couldn't agree more, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    That's amazing Brian, and Brian's SS!
    It truly is, Becca!

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Very nice!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    That's fantastic, Brian!!
    Indeed, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Wow ! You deserve it buddy
    Thanks, Shac!

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Very cool brother, you totally deserve it! Whoever your Secret Santa is, he/she has a huge heart!
    Thanks, Dan! They truly do!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian!! I'm smiling from ear to ear man, that is awesome And what great generosity in the community... Great stuff.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Perfect timing, some packages arrive today, one could be my SS package, I'll check back tomorrow.

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

I was wrapping up work stuff and had my package put away and just opened this morning. My Secret Santa did some research, and I received great additions to my Dark Tower focused collection making my Holiday much cooler . Happily added on the left to my DT copies i'm allowed to touch.

I even received a nice note which I of course forgot to do for Shannon, but lost it and don't know who my SS is. It may be obvious, but I'm pretty high since stopping work yesterday.

Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Goldmember LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake will become famous soon enough LokiJake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Firstly, everyone seems to have received great stuff! I, myself, also received a great gift, exactly the type of thing that I currently collect. I'm NOT quite sure who my Secret Santa was, but thank you very much. In addition to not having this set in my collection, this will be the exact set that I introduce the Star Wars series to Rose, so thanks!
    I was stoked when i saw your collection as I have gone completely digital with my movie collection, but could never bring myself to part with this set (and my copy of Patton for some reason). A great bonus to hear you didn't have it and it will now get some use!
    Wanted:
    Wizard & Glass S/L #51 (can trade #229 in plastic)
    Song of Susannah S/L #51 (can trade PC or #293) Found 3/12

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ction-LokiJake

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for my late posting, got back in town late last night and finally opened my SS gift this morning. I took pics as I went and am glad that I apparently opened them in the correct order

3 Individually wrapped gifts

I decided to open the smallest one first, the middle package.

Spoiler:
    Pennywise! I love having little King related knickknacks on my shelves with the books so this was great!

2nd package, next largest on the right in the 1st photo

Spoiler:
    ...Another Pennywise toy!

ok, I am sensing a theme here, but given the size of the last present I am not sure what this could be...it is not large enough to be the book...I am at a loss...

Spoiler:

WAT?! A UK Proof of IT?!!? WOW! I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was just starting to get into collecting King proofs and what a way to start off a collection!

I am not sure who my SS is, but man I really wish I did so I could thank you directly. I would love you to reveal yourself or PM me if you are so inclined, but I understand if you wish to remain anonymous. Just know how amazed I am at your generosity.

This is very likely going to be my favorite gift of the season!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Bad ass brother! Not an easy proof to find!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is way cool! Way to start the proofin for sure

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Brian!! I'm smiling from ear to ear man, that is awesome And what great generosity in the community... Great stuff.
    Thanks, Peri!

Nice gets, guys! Looking forward to your reveal, Frank!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    My Secret Santa box arrived just a little while ago. I fixed myself a Makers Mark and Coke, started A Christmas Carol (1951 version with Alastair Sim), and proceeded to carefully open my SS box:

....and many exciting things inside:

Thank you Secret Santa. I am thoroughly enjoying my goodies.

Merry Christmas
    I can't figure out my SS, but thank you again for making this Christmas special. I'm really enjoying my new items.

Ralph Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally! Secret Santa gift delivered.

Country
    Country Flag

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff all around, guys! I'll be in again next year

Country
    Country Flag

Ditto!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

And now, my absolut amazing tdt Secret Santa package that arrived from Canada with a nice letter.

I already own some SK mugs but these great THE Stanley mug was missing in my collection.

The next, one of a kind item, a amazing IT - Stockerlone custom made FLEXFIT cap...

And finaly one of the supernice Dark Tower Gold Plated coins,
    for a longer time i wanted to start to collect them....
    Now this is a great start....

All what i can say is... TKS A LOT for the amazing stuff to my secret santa !!!

( I think my package arrived, have not seen pics....)

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Frank!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast