Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SECRET SANTA 2016

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

David (wizardsrainbow) was my Santa.

Thanks, David! You rock!

The Fireman US 1st/1st flatsigned
    The Fireman UK 1st/1st flatsigned
    The Stephen King Companion proof copy flatsigned by George Beahm & David Williamson
    To Ride Hell's Chasm US 1st/1st flatsigned
    SK stickers

<br>
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

so whilst I did make it a little easier on my SS by publishing a list of Books about King I didnt have, They went the extra mile and got me 2 MINT condition books that are the first on my list (and quite hard to find)
    I am blown away by these copies, thank you so much Antoni!!

The Fridge Magnet is awesome!

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to my excellent Secret Santa Ralph, I now have the traycase to put my 11/22/63 S/L in, a very nice Shivers VII Uncorrected Proof, the Scribner HC of Blockade Billy AND the Cemetery Dance HC (in shrinkwrap still) in it's slipcover. Very nice additions for me and I'm very glad to get that very much needed Traycase. I've long been meaning to get something for that very special book and have just never quite gotten it done.

11/22/63 is the book that brought me to the forum and renewed my interest in King after some years of "middle of the road" books (for him). It's been a great, though expensive, ride since then but my Collection has really grown quite nicely from the expertise, advice & generosity of the people in this community. I love you all, individually and as a group!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Secret Santa got me a Betts Books gift certificate. I haven't really posted much about my wants, so that's perfect I love it. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm VERY pleased with my SS Gifts!!!

A very nice first paperback edition of Night Shift - love the "shifty" eyes!

A signed first of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Huge SK Fan)

And an awesome signed/limited edition of The Scorcher Trials by James Dashner!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What awesome gifts have been passed around... Love it.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Kudos to my Secret Santa who not only took the time to stalk me browse my collection pages and find one that I was missing, but also found me something unique and book-related that ties right into my WWII history fetish interest with an original anti-German advert from 1942. Well done!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I have a good idea who my Secret Santa is (SystemCrashOveride?). I don't have a copy of either book, and I am very happy to add them to my collection! Thanks a million!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just got a package in the mail.. had two books in it. Nothing about Xmas at all, no letter or anything. I am confused as David at Bett's said he had something there from my SS. I had it picked up by UPS last Thursday and will have it tomorrow.. so what do I have here? I am thankful for sure as I do not have either book! HOS is one I wanted too There is also The Woman! But.. am I suppose to get this? #confused. lol
    That is NOT from me or your SS

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice gifts all around, guys!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Congrats Ralph. Which stories are in the magazines?

Playboy 1981 "What naughty things Santa does with the reindeer after the season"

Mulleins

Is this by Steve?
    I dont remember hearing about this one, and dont find it in Justin's bibliography

Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I just got a package in the mail.. had two books in it. Nothing about Xmas at all, no letter or anything. I am confused as David at Bett's said he had something there from my SS. I had it picked up by UPS last Thursday and will have it tomorrow.. so what do I have here? I am thankful for sure as I do not have either book! HOS is one I wanted too There is also The Woman! But.. am I suppose to get this? #confused. lol
    That is NOT from me or your SS
    All figured out!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Playboy 1981 "What naughty things Santa does with the reindeer after the season"

Mulleins

Is this by Steve?
    I dont remember hearing about this one, and dont find it in Justin's bibliography

Thanks.

January 1981 - Stephen King On Horror And Everyday Life (Why we crave horror movies.)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted to pop in an update that I was able to ship my SS gift out since my last post, though I doubt it made it there by the 19th and also to let me SS know I did receive my package, but haven't opened it yet.

My wife is insisting I wait until Christmas, but I plan to sneak it away from her when we get back in town on Thursday (taking the kids to Dallas Six Flags...it is pretty cold out...not sure this is a good idea...might have a good horror story prompt for Mr King when I get back).

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received an awesome Stanley Hotel gift set from my SS

I really like these as Estes Park is a special place to me. That is where I took my fiancé to the top of a mountain and asked her to marry me! Amazing job SS (I have no idea who you are)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Josh!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a beautiful print Josh! A great set of gifts too!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    So far nothing arrived.....
    Maybe you just weren't good this year :-)

I'll open up mine tonight after work.

Maybe... is spending too much money for books in the last month, including a signed Shining Folio Society somthing bad ?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Mulleins

Is this by Steve?

Thanks.

January 1981 - Stephen King On Horror And Everyday Life (Why we crave horror movies.)
    Thanks
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Mulleins

Is this by Steve?

Thanks.

Thanks
    I just had to see if anyone really reads the thread.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly, everyone seems to have received great stuff! I, myself, also received a great gift, exactly the type of thing that I currently collect. I'm NOT quite sure who my Secret Santa was, but thank you very much. In addition to not having this set in my collection, this will be the exact set that I introduce the Star Wars series to Rose, so thanks!

Beautiful:

And secondly, THIS is what is currently happening to MY Secret Santa recipient. Seriously, what the fuck!? Sorry buddy ...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wowzers. That's a pretty gd great gift!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Firstly, everyone seems to have received great stuff! I, myself, also received a great gift, exactly the type of thing that I currently collect. I'm NOT quite sure who my Secret Santa was, but thank you very much. In addition to not having this set in my collection, this will be the exact set that I introduce the Star Wars series to Rose, so thanks!

]
    I'd go with downloading the Despecialized Editions. I've watched each of these and they are by far my preferred restorations, simply an amazing job.

It IS a sweet gift though, always great to see what they put into the packages!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Country
    Country Flag

That is an awesome gift, Shannon! Congrats!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast