Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 days of horror!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    My daughter shares my love of horror films. We just watched all the "Insidious" films and "The Conjuring 2". Also, I saw "Halloween: H20" the other day.
    Very cool! I don't think I've seen the Insidious films or Conjuring 2 yet. Today for me it was Zombi, Repulsion, and I'm finishing up The Bad Seed now.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    My daughter shares my love of horror films. We just watched all the "Insidious" films and "The Conjuring 2". Also, I saw "Halloween: H20" the other day.
    Very cool! I don't think I've seen the Insidious films or Conjuring 2 yet. Today for me it was Zombi, Repulsion, and I'm finishing up The Bad Seed now.
    The "Insidious" films were kinda cool. My daughter turned me onto them. There's a story thread through the three of them (and beyond I suppose).
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The "Insidious" films were kinda cool. My daughter turned me onto them. There's a story thread through the three of them (and beyond I suppose).
    I'll have to check them out!

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw the first two Insidious films. I'm not a huge fan, but the first one was fairly solid, even if the characters were awful. Wasn't the sequel. I won't say they're bad films, but too many jump scares and loud noises, and not enough quiet and unsettling atmosphere for my taste. The Conjuring to me is one of the worst horror films I've ever seen. Tons of people really liked it though.

Brice, if you haven't check out: The Babadook, The Orphanage, Pontypool, and Stakeland.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Ricky you need to watch Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Zombies Halloween, and Heathers (also a favorite of mine but not really horror)

Sleepaway Camp, is just a fun campy slasher film.
    Love The Ninth Gate
    And The Final Girls was a fun twist on slasher horror films. Would definitely recommend it as well.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Sleepaway Camp today. Wow.

It was totally campy. I liked it during the beginning, but then it just started to drag. I swear they filmed the boys' entire baseball game. And I can't believe the language the kids used. I wasn't expecting that. Haha.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Oct. 1 It
    Oct. 2 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein

Trying to decide what to watch tonight.....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    What is this?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched Sleepaway Camp today. Wow.

It was totally campy. I liked it during the beginning, but then it just started to drag. I swear they filmed the boys' entire baseball game. And I can't believe the language the kids used. I wasn't expecting that. Haha.
    I did say it was campy Any plans to watch the rest now?
    There's a funny episode of the podcast How Did This Get Made about the movie. They discuss the baseball game
    http://www.earwolf.com/episode/sleepaway-camp/

So far for horror films I've seen The Forest, which I thought was boring and super forgettable. Would not recommend it at all. I believe they're showing The Shining on the big screen later this month so I'm hopefully going to catch that.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I did say it was campy Any plans to watch the rest now?
    There's a funny episode of the podcast How Did This Get Made about the movie. They discuss the baseball game
    http://www.earwolf.com/episode/sleepaway-camp/
    The rest in the series? No, I'm going to pass.

And I'll have to check out that podcast.

Also, totally agree about The Forest. I saw it in the theater and was actually wishing for it to be over. It was pretty bad.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

It's a Rob Zombie live concert...Actually pretty lame.(at least effects wise) I much prefer the old Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare concert.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to my Nightmare!!!!

Thought you guys might find this interesting..................

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76402
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

It's a Rob Zombie live concert...Actually pretty lame.(at least effects wise) I much prefer the old Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare concert.
    Ah ok, thought I was missing a documentary or something. Not a fan of his music so I'll pass.

That's one of my favorite movies.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Oct. 1 It
    Oct. 2 Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein
    Oct. 3 A Nightmare on Elm Street

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Session 9 is one of the scariest movies ever.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Session 9 is one of the scariest movies ever.
    I watched this a year or so back because of hearing that very thing on these boards and couldn't disagree more. I thought it was slow, boring, and not even remotely scary. Just goes to show you, though, how movies are totally subjective.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That is what I watched last night. Day 4 brought me Nosferatu (1922-Murnau) and The Last House On Dead End Street (aka The Funhouse, and the infamous 3 hour perhaps mythical The Cuckoo Clocks Of Hell). Still watching..watched the 1910 Edison Frankenstein and Nightmare on Elm Street.

If you rescue me

Oct. 1 It
    Oct. 3 A Nightmare on Elm Street
    Oct. 4 Rosemary's Baby

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys should try Let's Scare Jessica to Death. It was the first horror movie I saw and it corrupted my 6 year old mind

It's not very scary as an adult but it's still hold up.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A classic. I also like Bava's Demons/Demons 2. Silly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    You guys should try Let's Scare Jessica to Death. It was the first horror movie I saw and it corrupted my 6 year old mind

It's not very scary as an adult but it's still hold up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast