Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 days of horror!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 31 days of horror!

Halloween and the time building up to it I watch a ton of horror movies. I tend to start with a list of one per day. It usually ends up being more. Here's mine. If anyone's interested feel free to share your own.

Tentative...also no particular order:

1. Suspiria (Argento)+ Inferno +Mother Of Tears
    2. Zombi (Fulci)
    3. Rosemary's Baby (Polanski)
    4. Freaks (Browning)
    5. Trick 'R Treat (Dougherty)
    6.Bad Taste (Jackson)
    7. Evil Dead (Raimi)
    8. I Spit On Your Grave (Zarchi)
    9. Don't Look Now (Roeg)
    10. Halloween (Carpenter)
    11. Nosferatu (Murnau) + The Last House On Dead End Street + Frankenstein (1910 Edison short) + Wake In Fright (1971-Kotcheff)
    12. NOES (Craven)
    13. Night Of The Living Dead (Romero)
    14. Repulsion (Polanski)
    15. Phantasm (Coscarelli)
    16. The Devils (Russell)
    17. The Cabinet Of Dr, Caligari (Wiene)
    18. The Thing (Carpenter)
    19. Kill, Baby, Kill (Bava)
    20. Blood Feast (Lewis)
    21. Beyond The Darkness (D'Amato)
    22. Black Sunday (Bava)
    23. Scream (Craven)
    24. Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (Siegel)
    25. The Fly (Neumann)
    26. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Hooper)
    27. Re-Animator (Gordon)
    28. The Poughkeepsie Tapes (Dowdle)
    29. The Bad Seed (LeRoy)
    30. Basketcase (Henenlotter)
    31. Videodrome (Cronenberg) = The Car (Silverstein)
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I was just talking with a friend about doing this! I've never done it before. Nice list, I've seen them all!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen them all except for The Poughkeepsie Tapes. It gets hard sometimes finding horror movies that both interest me and I haven't seen. I have seen a LOT.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're missing "The Exorcist", "The Shining" and 'The Haunting". You're now on a "time out"!!!! lol

Edit" I'd also highly recommend "The Conjuring". I know you will say "Bill, its just my opinion", but since we know you root for the hated "Red Sux", you're opinion is highly suspect!!!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Man, I've missed your dysfunctional ass around here!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Oct. 1.It

had to babysit my niece (11) and nephew (10) today and showed them It, my niece is terrified of clowns. I was about their age when I first saw It. I'm excited for the remake.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is my list, in no particular order:

1. The Mist (2007) - Frank Darabont
    2. Scream (1996) - Wes Craven
    3. Halloween (1978) - John Carpenter
    4. 28 Days Later (2002) - Danny Boyle
    5. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Jonathan Demme
    6. The Omen (1976) - Richard Donner
    7. Jaws (1975) - Steven Spielberg
    8. Braindead (1992) - Peter Jackson
    9. The Thing (1982) - John Carpenter
    10. The Exorcist (1973) - William Friedkin
    11. The Shining (1980) - Stanley Kubrick
    12. Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott
    12. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
    13. Hellraiser (1987) - Clive Barker
    14. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Tobe Hooper
    15. Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Zack Snyder
    16. Fight Club (1999) - David Fincher
    17. Re-animator (1985) - Stuart Gordon
    18. Hostel (2005) - Eli Roth
    19. Saw (2004) - James Wan
    20. Carrie (1976) - Brian De Palma
    21. An American Werewolf in London (1981) - John Landis
    22. Evil Dead (1981) - Sam Raimi
    23. The Fog (1981) - John Carpenter
    24. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Wes Craven
    25. Let the Right One in (2008) - Tomas Alfredson
    26. Candyman (1992) - Bernard Rose
    27. Children of the Corn (1984) - Fritz Kiersch
    28. Friday 13th (2009) - Marcus Nispel
    29. The Haunting (1963) - Robert Wise
    30. House on Haunted Hill (1999) - William Malone
    31. Vacancy (2007) - Nimród Antal

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not bad!!!

Spoiler:
    For Fooks sake, how the hell are ya, bloke? lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    You're missing "The Exorcist", "The Shining" and 'The Haunting". You're now on a "time out"!!!! lol

Edit" I'd also highly recommend "The Conjuring". I know you will say "Bill, its just my opinion", but since we know you root for the hated "Red Sux", you're opinion is highly suspect!!!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Man, I've missed your dysfunctional ass around here!!!! lol
    Lol I've missed you too my friend! And despite you're taste in sports teams those are some excellent suggestions!

I'll almost definitely watch more than just those 31 I listed.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    This is my list, in no particular order:

1. The Mist (2007) - Frank Darabont
    2. Scream (1996) - Wes Craven
    3. Halloween (1978) - John Carpenter
    4. 28 Days Later (2002) - Danny Boyle
    5. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Jonathan Demme
    6. The Omen (1976) - Richard Donner
    7. Jaws (1975) - Steven Spielberg
    8. Braindead (1992) - Peter Jackson
    9. The Thing (1982) - John Carpenter
    10. The Exorcist (1973) - William Friedkin
    11. The Shining (1980) - Stanley Kubrick
    12. Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott
    12. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
    13. Hellraiser (1987) - Clive Barker
    14. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - Tobe Hooper
    15. Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Zack Snyder
    16. Fight Club (1999) - David Fincher
    17. Re-animator (1985) - Stuart Gordon
    18. Hostel (2005) - Eli Roth
    19. Saw (2004) - James Wan
    20. Carrie (1976) - Brian De Palma
    21. An American Werewolf in London (1981) - John Landis
    22. Evil Dead (1981) - Sam Raimi
    23. The Fog (1981) - John Carpenter
    24. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Wes Craven
    25. Let the Right One in (2008) - Tomas Alfredson
    26. Candyman (1992) - Bernard Rose
    27. Children of the Corn (1984) - Fritz Kiersch
    28. Friday 13th (2009) - Marcus Nispel
    29. The Haunting (1963) - Robert Wise
    30. House on Haunted Hill (1999) - William Malone
    31. Vacancy (2007) - Nimród Antal
    Awesome list!

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Oct. 1.It

had to babysit my niece (11) and nephew (10) today and showed them It, my niece is terrified of clowns. I was about their age when I first saw It. I'm excited for the remake.
    Ah, babysitting...time to terrorize the kids with an evil clown.

If you rescue me

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Oct. 1.It

I'm a terrible uncle.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

I don't think I've seen I Sell The Dead.

Oct. 1.It

I'm a terrible uncle.
    Or an awesome one...perspective!

Today was going to be Suspiria, but became the whole Three Mothers trilogy.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was going to create our annual Halloween Horror-thon thread, but this is kind of the same thing so I won't. I watch plenty of horror movies during Halloween season, but I definitely won't be able to watch one a day.

There are one I have to watch every year like Hocus Pocus, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and some that I want to try and do re-watches of this year like Annabelle, Frankenweenie, and Goosebumps. I also want to do all the Screams, since I haven't seen the 4th since it was released. In terms of ones I haven't seen, here's my list of possibilities:

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
    Halloween (Rob Zombie)
    The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    Coraline
    The Addams Family
    The Final Girls
    Friday the 13th
    Halloween: Resurrection
    The Fog
    The Ninth Gate
    Sleepaway Camp
    Heathers
    The Neon Demon
    Cell

In Theaters: 31, Ouija 2, Blair Witch
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I was going to create our annual Halloween Horror-thon thread, but this is kind of the same thing so I won't. I watch plenty of horror movies during Halloween season, but I definitely won't be able to watch one a day.

There are one I have to watch every year like Hocus Pocus, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, and some that I want to try and do re-watches of this year like Annabelle, Frankenweenie, and Goosebumps. I also want to do all the Screams, since I haven't seen the 4th since it was released. In terms of ones I haven't seen, here's my list of possibilities:

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch
    Halloween (Rob Zombie)
    The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    Coraline
    The Addams Family
    The Final Girls
    Friday the 13th
    Halloween: Resurrection
    The Fog
    The Ninth Gate
    Sleepaway Camp
    Heathers
    The Neon Demon
    Cell

In Theaters: 31, Ouija 2, Blair Witch
    Nice list! Of those I haven't seen Cell, Neon Demon, Final Girls, Coraline, or Ouija 2. If you had an annual thread I'm fine with killing this one. I didn't realize.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That one will be soon. Right now is Fulci's Zombi for me.

If you rescue me

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice list! Of those I haven't seen Cell, Neon Demon, Final Girls, Coraline, or Ouija 2. If you had an annual thread I'm fine with killing this one. I didn't realize.
    Yeah, Brice, you ruin everything.

Just kidding, of course. And this is literally the exact same thing I would be posting (what we've seen, planning on watching, looking forward to, ratings, etc.), so it's fine.

So, out of those you've seen from my list, which would you recommend of these: Halloween 3: Season of the Witch, Halloween (Rob Zombie), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Fog, The Ninth Gate, Sleepaway Camp, Heathers. Also, is Heathers and Sleepaway Camp actually horror, or more campy?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

NOT HORROR!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yeah, Brice, you ruin everything.

Just kidding, of course. And this is literally the exact same thing I would be posting (what we've seen, planning on watching, looking forward to, ratings, etc.), so it's fine.

So, out of those you've seen from my list, which would you recommend of these: Halloween 3: Season of the Witch, Halloween (Rob Zombie), The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, The Fog, The Ninth Gate, Sleepaway Camp, Heathers. Also, is Heathers and Sleepaway Camp actually horror, or more campy?
    Sleepaway I vaguely recall...not much help there. Heathers is more like dark comedy, but awesome! I love it. It is one of my favorite movies...not really scary though. Personally of your list I'd choose Heathers, Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari, or Halloween (Zombie). Halloween 3 is good, but is not part of the Myers story really. Ninth Gate I also vaguely recall, but it's been years since I've seen it. I think I might need to see that again.

If you rescue me

HORROR....and I suggest you pack a lunch.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I may have to revisit that one. I don't recall it being especially good, but perhaps my mind has mixed it up with something else. With my mind that happens quite a bit.

If you rescue me

SANTO & BLUE DEMON VS DRACULA & THE WOLFMAN (1973).

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish I had time to watch a bunch of horror movies. I'll probably finally watch It Follows, but I think that will be about it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My daughter shares my love of horror films. We just watched all the "Insidious" films and "The Conjuring 2". Also, I saw "Halloween: H20" the other day.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast