Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld on HBO *Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    IDK. Arnold as the MIB doesn't feel right. He helped create the park. Why would he be looking for its secrets? There's a "WTF" involving Ed Harris down the road, but I don't think that is it.
    I need to go back and rewatch that scene, but doesn't Ford answer Bernard's question about Arnold's current whereabouts very coyly?

What if Ford found a way to banish Arnold from the project and the latter has somehow been stuck on the park all these years, trying to find a way back to power?[/QUOTE]

Possible, but I don't think so. I think, Arnold may just be wayward programming come back to haunt them.

[QUOTE=Still Servant;1028071]
    IDK. Arnold as the MIB doesn't feel right. He helped create the park. Why would he be looking for its secrets? There's a "WTF" involving Ed Harris down the road, but I don't think that is it.
    What if he's not looking for secrets. What if he's looking for a way to destroy it?

[QUOTE=fernandito;1027961][QUOTE=Still Servant;1027831]

Do you really think that's it? Beside's Cole (I think says) "That man gets anything he wants" referring to the MIB. So, clearly they are aware of him at corporate.

MIB has only exhibited desires to play the game at another, deeper level. He also seems to be very familiar with all the hosts so far validating that he has been coming for years. Only thing I can really divine about him so far is that he LOVES the place, has a serious "mean streak and is rich beyond rich. He also does not plan to leave this time.

I am still intrigued by how the guests are protected from the hosts. There is something there as guns and knives are everywhere, but the Hosts still cannot harm the guests. Now some can be explained by programming, but the physical guns are a little weird. A guest can tear a hole in a host not vice versa. What if the guns got mixed up in a fight? Or stabbing weapons? The hosts think they are real after all. Can't put my finger on how that would work, practically.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Perhaps the guns are programmed in such a way that they will only fire if there is a 100% chance of hitting something within a designated 'heat map', i.e the hosts artificial bodies.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Perhaps the guns are programmed in such a way that they will only fire if there is a 100% chance of hitting something within a designated 'heat map', i.e the hosts artificial bodies.
    A real person got hit by a bullet in the most recent episode -- he ended up with a bruise on his shoulder.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thought. The guns always "fire" though. They can tear huge holes in one another and Guest guns do the same. However, only a pellet or something discharges when shooting at a guest. They haven't shown a guest shooting another guest yet, which must happen occasionally. Maybe I'm getting old, but it just doesn't jive in my head.

What would be the deal when they get to indians with primarily arrows, axes and knives?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit... that's true.

What if that scene is actually taking place in the past/the early days of the park somehow? Before the guns were revamped?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit... that's true.

What if that scene is actually taking place in the past/the early days of the park somehow? Before the guns were revamped?
    ???? There have been several scenes where a host takes a shot at a guest. Yet, the same gun fires and mortally wounds a host. Almost seems as if the tech was centered on the host bodies. Blood bags like in the movies. Yet, "Teddy" for example had multiple wounds. Also seems time consuming to repair and return them to the park after some of the slaughters.

Edit: Seems significant to me that they haven't bothered to explain the "tech" behind this.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, there is some really cool behind the scenes stuff on the HBO website for this show. Real interactive and fun as well as full of inside info.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

In the movie, the guns had sensors to not fire at a person with body heat. But, like we saw, someone got hit and only got a bruise. Interesting
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The flies transmit the "virus" between the hosts.
    The site is likely on Earth given several references to star constellations (Orion, perhaps Ursa major-the bear.)
    Several attackers seemed to be ninjas. and one looked like leatherface from Texas Chainsaw. A bit like a game that has wildcard characters.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Bernard being an android crossed my mind. I think that's a distinct possibility. As for The Man in Black being Arnold, that's a good theory. I could see that happening. Good catch.
    I just think they're being very ostentatious in showing Bernard's human side; the grief over the death of his son, Ford telling him "remember, they're not real", his fascination with Dolores. I just have this gut feeling that we're getting a reveal regarding Bernard very soon.
    This thought never crossed my mind, but it makes sense. That would be very interesting.

I was also thinking that the man in black was Arnold as well.

And about the guns, my guess is that there's no real bullets (well maybe a small pellet or something since the guest got bruised) but when fired at a host, the computer in the hosts gets triggered and sets off a gunshot wound wherever the gun was aimed at.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The site is likely on Earth given several references to star constellations (Orion, perhaps Ursa major-the bear.)
    Several attackers seemed to be ninjas. and one looked like leatherface from Texas Chainsaw. A bit like a game that has wildcard characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Bernard being an android crossed my mind. I think that's a distinct possibility. As for The Man in Black being Arnold, that's a good theory. I could see that happening. Good catch.
    I just think they're being very ostentatious in showing Bernard's human side; the grief over the death of his son, Ford telling him "remember, they're not real", his fascination with Dolores. I just have this gut feeling that we're getting a reveal regarding Bernard very soon.
    This thought never crossed my mind, but it makes sense. That would be very interesting.

I was also thinking that the man in black was Arnold as well.

And about the guns, my guess is that there's no real bullets (well maybe a small pellet or something since the guest got bruised) but when fired at a host, the computer in the hosts gets triggered and sets off a gunshot wound wherever the gun was aimed at.
    All good thoughts.

Re" "The Flys" The hosts have human flesh. At least partially, the flys are attracted to rotting flesh and the "Madam" had MRSR, which is bad ass Staph.

The pellet/PC theory is a good one but what about stabbing/cutting instruments?

Also, the "Hosts" bleed like crazy. Remember MIB bled 3 liters out of "Kissy". The Madam stepped in a pool of blood in the repair shop. Something fucked up is definitely going on!! LOL I think the "Hosts" maybe recycled humans, indigants or lower class in the future society?

FWIW, I really don't see the MIB as Arnold. To me "Arnold" seems more like a ghost in the machine.

Anyway, can't wait to see what narrative, Ford has cooked up!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read an interview with the producers and they said that the guns have sensors to tell them who (or what) they are aimed at. They fire real bullets at hosts or anything else but non-lethal rounds at humans, sort of like a paint ball that doesn't break. It hurts but won't kill you. It is also why the hosts can't aim at the guests' heads (as seen in the first episode when MIB aims Teddy's gun at his head). It might not kill them but would hurt them real bad. MIB has been shot so many times he just shrugs them off but as we have seen it stuns newcomers.

As for other weapons, they showed last week many of the hosts are programmed to not even touch them or especially use them. That's why no one was chopping wood when the host that was suppose to left. (This applies to guns too since Delores couldn't target practice with Teddy's gun.) The producers also said that the hosts are programmed to help prevent guests from getting injured with other weapons. For example, if a guest tries to stab another guest (a host couldn't do this) then a host will go out of its way to prevent it (even though consciously it doesn't realize it) by stepping between them and taking the hit instead. I would have to assume a host will always miss a guest with a thrown weapon or bow. Obviously the programming is going bad though so these safety measures are going to stop working.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I read an interview with the producers and they said that the guns have sensors to tell them who (or what) they are aimed at. They fire real bullets at hosts or anything else but non-lethal rounds at humans, sort of like a paint ball that doesn't break. It hurts but won't kill you. It is also why the hosts can't aim at the guests' heads (as seen in the first episode when MIB aims Teddy's gun at his head). It might not kill them but would hurt them real bad. MIB has been shot so many times he just shrugs them off but as we have seen it stuns newcomers.

As for other weapons, they showed last week many of the hosts are programmed to not even touch them or especially use them. That's why no one was chopping wood when the host that was suppose to left. (This applies to guns too since Delores couldn't target practice with Teddy's gun.) The producers also said that the hosts are programmed to help prevent guests from getting injured with other weapons. For example, if a guest tries to stab another guest (a host couldn't do this) then a host will go out of its way to prevent it (even though consciously it doesn't realize it) by stepping between them and taking the hit instead. I would have to assume a host will always miss a guest with a thrown weapon or bow. Obviously the programming is going bad though so these safety measures are going to stop working.
    Okay, I guess that makes sense. Though as you said the programming is "going bad" or there is a "ghost in the machine", which would also be in line with the original film. Though clearly there is more going on than the originals premise.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, what was up with that android bashing his own brains in with the rock?
    My theory on this is that someone messed with his programming on purpose. He couldn't kill the humans because that part of his programming was still intact so the only option it had to protect its secret was to destroy it's own processor (which we know is in the head because that is all the security guy wanted.)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Also, what was up with that android bashing his own brains in with the rock?
    My theory on this is that someone messed with his programming on purpose. He couldn't kill the humans because that part of his programming was still intact so the only option it had to protect its secret was to destroy it's own processor (which we know is in the head because that is all the security guy wanted.)

He may have been trying to meet his maker up in the stars/heavens.

There's a map here, but I think you have to register to view it.......................

https://www.discoverwestworld.com/#explore

If you register you're assigned a host to answer questions as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't ask some inquiries, but when asked "What would you like to do in Westworld?", I responded "get laid".

The response from the "bot" was:

• AEDEN
    What would you like to do in Westworld?
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png[/IMG]
    • YOU
    Get laid
    • AEDEN
    At Westworld, we guarantee to satiate your every wish. No sexual desire is too sinful or twisted, and we offer complete discretion.
    • AEDEN
    Our hosts don’t kiss and tell, but you can. Want to know more?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that. That would be cool. I'm adding that to the list of theories.

Very possible. What if it does take place on Earth, but on an Earth that has been turned into a wasteland. I still just think the environment is way too large. Something must be up with it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Theories

1. The young android is Dr. Ford as a young boy
    2. Bernard is an android
    3. The Man in Black is Arnold.
    4. The park is located far in the future on a terraformed planet.
    5. The flies transmit the "virus" between the hosts.
    6. The show is messing with the timeline of events shown.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Westworld Theories

2. Bernard is an android
    What if Jimmi Simpson, William, is the past Ed Harris? We do know from past shows, like Lost, the creator liked to jump around in time without telling the viewer. Maybe this is another one of those times.....
    We have also seen the logo change of Westworld. Maybe this means something about time jumping without telling the viewer?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Theories

2. Bernard is an android
    It's not a "virus", per se. They have gone to great extent to show it's more of a "ghost in the machine" programming glitch. The flys are due to the flesh/MRSA. Good thought, but I don't think you have it there.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It wouldn't ask some inquiries, but when asked "What would you like to do in Westworld?", I responded "get laid".

The response from the "bot" was:

• AEDEN
    What would you like to do in Westworld?
    [IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.png[/IMG]
    • YOU
    Get laid
    • AEDEN
    At Westworld, we guarantee to satiate your every wish. No sexual desire is too sinful or twisted, and we offer complete discretion.
    • AEDEN
    Our hosts don’t kiss and tell, but you can. Want to know more?
    Pervert!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Theories

2. Bernard is an android
    It's not a "virus", per se. They have gone to great extent to show it's more of a "ghost in the machine" programming glitch. The flys are due to the flesh/MRSA. Good thought, but I don't think you have it there.
    These aren't just my theories. It's a compilation of all our theories. That way we can go back and see if we were right or not.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that William and the Man in Black are the same person, thirty years apart.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Theories

2. Bernard is an android
    These aren't just my theories. It's a compilation of all our theories. That way we can go back and see if we were right or not.

Just throwing it out there. No offense intended.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Westworld Theories

2. Bernard is an android

Just throwing it out there. No offense intended.
    And none taken.

I thought the line by the Man in Black was very telling last night. One of the guests clearly recognized him, but the Man in Black shut the guy down really quickly. Obviously, the Man in Black is well known out in the real world and he's filthy rich (he'd have to be to spend so much time in Westworld). Also, it seems as though he made his money in medicine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast