Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Wait. Why is Frodo in this?
    Based on what I've read, Frodo will be in the opening sequences of The Hobbit. No one really knows how yet, though....as a fan of Elijah Wood in the role, I'm kind of excited!

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Wait. Why is Frodo in this?
    Based on what I've read, Frodo will be in the opening sequences of The Hobbit. No one really knows how yet, though....as a fan of Elijah Wood in the role, I'm kind of excited!
    With the first film being "The Hobbit", the second film is rumored to be additional material, possibly bridging the gap between Hobbit and LOTR. Perhaps Frodo will be involved in the second film.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it'll be Frodo telling the story *shrugs*

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I heard the same thing. Maybe in a "narrator" role . . .
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If I recall correctly, Frodo is mentioned in "The Hobbit" and considering the films he would be sorta logical as a narrator I guess.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Bilbo Baggins and the 13 Dwarves: Meet the Cast of "The Hobbit"

After months of uncertainty, the near financial collapse of a movie studio, a change in directors and a heated labor dispute, the cast of Peter Jackson’s two-film adaptation of “The Hobbit” was at last introduced to the news media on Friday at a press conference in New Zealand.

The event, held on Friday at the Park Road Post production facility in Wellington, featured Martin Freeman, the British “Office” and “Sherlock” star who will play the pint-sized Bilbo Baggins, as well as the actors who will play his 13 dwarf companions, but Mr. Jackson, who was hospitalized last month for ulcer surgery, did not attend.
    -- http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/bilbo-baggins-and-the-13-dwarves-meet-the-cast-of-the-hobbit/

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No longer available due to copyright issues. Hmph.

Country
    Country Flag

SON OF A... I only had watched half of it too. It was a good video what I saw.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, I hate that its going to be divided into 2 separate movies. I nearly had a conniption waiting between LOTR Fellowship and the Two Towers. That waiting sucked--I like instant gratisfaction. But I know I will rush to see the first showing of The Hobbit in my area and ne'mind if it ends on a cliff hanger.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    You know, I hate that its going to be divided into 2 separate movies. I nearly had a conniption waiting between LOTR Fellowship and the Two Towers. That waiting sucked--I like instant gratisfaction. But I know I will rush to see the first showing of The Hobbit in my area and ne'mind if it ends on a cliff hanger.
    The hardest wait for me was watching the first movie then waiting probably 4 years for the extended box set to come out. Now that the extended blu-ray is planned I can't wait for that.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an update on the names and release dates of the movies:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110531/film_nm/us_hobbit

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oops double post!

Country
    Country Flag

So wait they're splitting up the Hobbit book into two movies? That sucks.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently Orlando Bloom has been re-cast as Legolas, even though ah ... Legolas doesn't appear in The Hobbit.

-__-

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

From what i have heard they want the second film to lead directly into the first LOTR movie. Meaning they will need to add quite a bit of material to fill the gap between the books, which will need to feature many of the LOTR characters.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    From what i have heard they want the second film to lead directly into the first LOTR movie. Meaning they will need to add quite a bit of material to fill the gap between the books, which will need to feature many of the LOTR characters.
    My first instinct is to say "That is Bullshit!" but maybe I should reserve my opinion until I see the film. Is there really any need to embellish on (IMHO) a truly fantastic story? I think not..!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    My first instinct is to say "That is Bullshit!" but maybe I should reserve my opinion until I see the film. Is there really any need to embellish on (IMHO) a truly fantastic story? I think not..!!

I would agree with you, Ben. I knew they said there was gonna be "new" material adapted for the movie's, but I assumed they meant stuff from the "Silmarillion" and it would be done in the same fashion as the Elrond/Isldur/Sauron scenes in the LOTR movies. Now it would appear they're just gonna "invent" stuff?

Not liking that one bit.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I don't get why they chose those titles for the movies. Isn't the sub title of the original Hobbit book There and Back Again? Why call the second movie that?

Country
    Country Flag

OH CRAP WE HAVE A TRAILER! The Hobbit Trailer

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A mega-geek's view on it:

"Holy shit! Dr Watson is gonna be travelling with Mr Hyde, Guy of Gisbourne, and a vampire, lead by Magneto! Awesome!"

No, but seriously, I am looking forward to this movie, going by the trailer. Martin Freeman really does look the perfect part for Bilbo, so I really can't wait.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't freakin wait for this man. The cinematography looks amazing, every actor looks the part, the score is inspiring, everything looks pitch perfect. It's going to be hell waiting a whole year for this.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ditto. Although, somehow, I doubt it's not gonna be half as difficult for either of us as it will be for Jen. We all know how much she loves The Lord of the Rings, both books and films!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Ditto. Although, somehow, I doubt it's not gonna be half as difficult for either of us as it will be for Jen. We all know how much she loves The Lord of the Rings, both books and films!
    QTF!

I know you saw that I posed that on my FB page....I watched it 5 times yesterday, and I literally just sat there and flailed a little bit from excitement. I didn't even know what to do with myself....this is going to be amazing!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Does whatever a spiderman does.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast