Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just need to work backwards and match a DT set to my Charlie the Choo Choo... Should be easy enough, right? RIGHT?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

omit

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I just need to work backwards and match a DT set to my Charlie the Choo Choo... Should be easy enough, right? RIGHT?
    Easy peasy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    We all know that the only edition that has any real collectability is the TRUE....
    Spoiler:

But what made the 4th edition so special??? Why not the 1st edition?
    In The Wastelands Jake's copy of Charlie the Choo-Choo is a 4th printing.
    BUT While checking on this information I discovered that in the TRUE 1st edition of The Wastelands GRANT 1991 the CTCC was 1st published in 1952 while the U.K. 1st edition JAN 1992 lists the CTCC copyright date as 1942.
    Just what we need.....
    Spoiler:
    ANOTHER FUCKING CONUNDRUM!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

They really wanted to mess with collectors with this title.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    We all know that the only edition that has any real collectability is the TRUE....
    Spoiler:

But what made the 4th edition so special??? Why not the 1st edition?
    In The Wastelands Jake's copy of Charlie the Choo-Choo is a 4th printing.
    BUT While checking on this information I discovered that in the TRUE 1st edition of The Wastelands GRANT 1991 the CTCC was 1st published in 1952 while the U.K. 1st edition JAN 1992 lists the CTCC copyright date as 1942.
    Just what we need.....
    Spoiler:
    ANOTHER FUCKING CONUNDRUM!
    There are other worlds than these....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

I think most people in the US got numbers over 500. I got mine on December 19 and it was number 620.

Did anyone here get a number under 500?

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Easy peasy.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

Yes, number 164.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    I think most people in the US got numbers over 500. I got mine on December 19 and it was number 620.

Did anyone here get a number under 500?

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Easy peasy.
    Mine is 252. The potential is real.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

I have #16.

Lilja

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Enough teasing:

WHEN HE WAS SURE he was over the current fit (although an occasional snicker still rumbled up his throat like an aftershock) and his father would be safely locked away in his study with his cigarettes, his Scotch, his papers, and his little bottle of white powder, Jake went back to his desk, turned on the study lamp, and opened Charlie the Choo-Choo. He glanced briefly at the copyright page and saw it had originally been published in 1919; his copy was from the third printing. He looked at the back, but there was no information at all about Beryl Evans, the book's author.

Jake turned back to the beginning, looked at the picture of a grin*ning, blonde-haired man sitting in the cab of a steam locomotive, consid*ered the proud grin on the man's face, and then began to read.

Bob Brooks was an engineer for the Mid-World Railway Company, on the St. Louis to Topeka run. Engineer Bob was the best trainman The Mid-World Railway Company ever had, and Charlie was the best train!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I started a thread for the numbers if anyone wants to share them!

UNEDITED VERSION
    WHEN HE WAS SURE he was over the current fit (although an occasional snicker still rumbled up his throat like an aftershock) and his father would be safely locked away in his study with his cigarettes, his Scotch, his papers, and his little bottle of white powder, Jake went back to his desk, turned on the study lamp, and opened Charlie the Choo-Choo. He glanced briefly at the copyright page and saw it had originally been published in 1919; his copy was from the third printing.(That he had re-ordered from Cemetery Dance because his favorite slip-cased Waterstones edition had been chewed up & water damaged in the mail before he had received It but his Beryl signed print hung in it's frame on the wall behind him.) He looked at the back, but there was no information at all about Beryl Evans, the book's author.
    Now the truth be Known.

Jake turned back to the beginning, looked at the picture of a grin*ning, blonde-haired man sitting in the cab of a steam locomotive, consid*ered the proud grin on the man's face, and then began to read.

Bob Brooks was an engineer for the Mid-World Railway Company, on the St. Louis to Topeka run. Engineer Bob was the best trainman The Mid-World Railway Company ever had, and Charlie was the best train!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Damn can't give you rep for that! Anyone got me covered?

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

^Damn can't give you rep for that! Anyone got me covered?
    Done and done!
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You da man!

UPDATE Grant's 1st edition 1996/97 Wizards and Glass King has Charlie the Choo-Choo being published in 1942.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE Grant's 1st edition 1996/97 Wizards and Glass King has Charlie the Choo-Choo being published in 1942.

Really? I think I may have one of those!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Phew!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Question? What is the publication date of Charlie the Choo-Choo in the 1st Plume edition of The Wastelands 1952/1942?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Shipped December 13,2016 last year made it the state next door on
    January 9, 2017 , 9:02 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

That train was seriously delayed. any guesses on the condition of the books when they finally arrive?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

That train was seriously delayed. any guesses on the condition of the books when they finally arrive?
    An order of multiple books, been delayed... probably sawed in half. Good luck though...

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    HAZELWOOD, MO 63042

2nd time around...but to good to pass up.
    Spoiler:
    SHIT! and I have all those S/L books up here in the cab for safekeeping & it looks like rain.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I never post to sell. Amazon.com has been good to me lol. I have several Charlie the Choo - Choo books with the "American" first printing run of 2 4 6 8 10 9 7 5 3 1. The American one so to speak. If anyone is interested let me know. PM me. I don't bite......hard .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here are some pics of my copies of Charlie The Choo-Choo so you can see the diferences between the four different editions:

SDCC version is glossy while the regular edition isn't.

Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great comparison pics Ari! Very informative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast