Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you would like a remarque, PM me and I'll see what I can do price and availability wise. Always here to assist my fellow TDT members when I can!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And there ya have it confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see them being made available to the masses.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Order placed! I'm really glad to be getting a copy of this. It will be interesting to see if it is identical to the original books that were given out at ComicCon
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Order placed! I'm really glad to be getting a copy of this. It will be interesting to see if it is identical to the original books that were given out at ComicCon
    It will not be identical.
    The cover has a Stephen King blurb, the artwork is going to be subtly changed, and King has written a brief introduction.
    Look for an ISBN, a bar code, a true (although how can it be true if an actress "wrote it") CR page..and more

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The cover has a Stephen King blurb, the artwork is going to be subtly changed, and King has written a brief introduction.
    Look for an ISBN, a bar code, a true (although how can it be true if an actress "wrote it") CR page..and more
    Even if it is slightly changed RF... you have to admit the absurd money spent so far was a total waste. DO you honestly feel the value is as you say? Where did you get the info on the changes?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Check post #148 for changes.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Even if it is slightly changed RF... you have to admit the absurd money spent so far was a total waste. DO you honestly feel the value is as you say? Where did you get the info on the changes?
    is it realistic for a $8.95 DJ on a copy of 'salem's Lot to fetch the money it does? it's the subtle differences and the rarity that makes it collectible and supply and demand do the rest. Had this more general release of the book been identical then your point would be valid Kris, but, as it stands, the real collectible book will always be the 1st edition given out at CC.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

is it realistic for a $8.95 DJ on a copy of 'salem's Lot to fetch the money it does? it's the subtle differences and the rarity that makes it collectible and supply and demand do the rest. Had this more general release of the book been identical then your point would be valid Kris, but, as it stands, the real collectible book will always be the 1st edition given out at CC.
    Perhaps... I just never felt this was a true collectable Simon. And I am CERTAINLY not alone in this. I also know there was was more than 150 printed. So, with those coupled with this... I think the monies we seen being spent... went out the window somewhat, which was more towards my point.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Current value and impacted members aside, that SPANKY video is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Rest assured, we, as collectors, have felt this way a time or two!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, can't find any info on King writing a short intro for the rerelease...but it would make sense that the blurb from the cover comes from that

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would still pay $100 for a copy of the original one, so I do think that the SDCC has value as a collectible (just not in the $1,000 range).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I would still pay $100 for a copy of the original one, so I do think that the SDCC has value as a collectible (just not in the $1,000 range).
    100% agree with what you just said. Which is what I have been saying since the start of this...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

But Kris, that's the point... what you or Robert would be happy to pay for it does not measure its value. Alec put this more succinctly in a previous thread, but if there are more people that really want a book than there are copies of said book, then the books value will be whatever they will be willing to pay.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Right. Everything is subjective. I would love to have one for $100, but no one has offered to sell me one at that price. Hence, I don't have one.

Country
    Country Flag

Default Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

So what your saying is that I can have no opinion now on what I think a book is worth Simon?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

And the value is dropping. That's what I said. I didn't say what the actual value is... Just that it's not the crazy numbers we have seen. Look at the start of the thread and you can see them fall. This release will only make them fall further. I never disagreed with what Alec said... In fact I totally agree. And we still see those people wiling to pay something... Paying less and less.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kris, you have a valued opinion, and you are encouraged to share it (but not ad nauseum) Many agree with you, and many don't. You are more than entitled to feel they are overpriced. I am also entitled to be thrilled with the price I paid for my Dameron (non-spoiled by a paid actress) remarqued copy. In fact, I wish I could have bought two as I'm sure there is someone out there willing to pay more than what I paid.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

FYI, Cemetery Dance should have this book for sale. I suggest using CD gift certificates, discounts etc. I'd rather send my money to CD than to Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I feel i was lucky enough to purchase a copy of Charlie the Choo Choo with Beryl Evans signature. I love it. I had to come to grips with an actresses signature on my book, but it is what it is. That is the way many were issued. I did not pay $1000 for the book ( i was lucky enough to get a copy at 1/2 the price). But in all the excitement of the issue, being on the phone with Tippy the day the actress walked out (not King as rumored) and actually getting a copy of the BOOK as distributed is pretty exciting. What some choose to spend VERY HARD earned money for and others don't is what makes collecting fun. Everyone has their own collecting goals/limits and expectations. I knew the copy was going to be released at Schribner, but still made my purchase. It is a first issue- with the other comic cons coming up, the price may go down or it might go up. But i do not collect in hopes of increased/decreased value in my collectables. I enjoy them for what they are.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought maybe this thread should be referenced here as well................

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...17#post1023917
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So what your saying is that I can have no opinion now on what I think a book is worth Simon?

Not really what I said, but nevertheless.. of course you are entitled to an opinion and I respect it, however it is still a valuation of what the book is worth to you, others will decide differently.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what it really boils down to now is that both editions will be a must have .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

MUST HAVE?...I DON'T THINK SO!
    But now you have to ask yourself.....Is the Comic Con. edition REALY a Stephen King book or just a one off?...Are any of the words written by King? Does his name appear anywhere in or on the book? At least the next book will have a King cover blurb & maybe an introduction? (That as of this point has not yet been determined.)
    Spoiler:
    "If I were ever to write a children's book it would be just like this!" Stephen king.
    I will admit the Riddle is in the book. Is he on the copyright page?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast