Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 388 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomas' site, The SK Collector, lists the signed numbered edition at $1700-$2300 and the unsigned ones at $700-$800.

John

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Tomas' site, The SK Collector, lists the signed numbered edition at $1700-$2300 and the unsigned ones at $700-$800.

John
    I find all of Tomas' estimates a little high....There have been a few unsigned on eBay and at least one in this community that have recently sold in the $300-$400 range...

My initial estimate of $2,000 for the "Real McCoy" may be on the high end....especially without the necklace and envelope...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks AKC and jhanic for the input!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

As most here have seen I have offered 2 remarqued books and some art for sale with only one repsonse, I understand the drawings/paintings are expensive so I understand the lack of interest but the Whelan remarques I don't understand (at least not the one for 525.00) remarques have been going for 500.00 + with more available than the Whelans, I only know of these 2 out of the "30-50" done (there have been I think 2 others but they were done for a specific person not part of the 30-50), am I missing something for the lack of interest? Any opinions on values for the remarques (and the other art for that matter)? Thanks, Dave

P.S. It looks like I am going to sell my house and downsize so I no longer have as much a need to sell but I would still like to sell 1 of the 2 Whelan remarques and 1 of the 2 Wrightson paintings so thought on value would be helpfull.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Unsigned Proofs going for around $300 - $400 each.....
    I think I paid either $400 or $450 for my 'out of series' copy (I don't keep track of the numbers but I usually remember the ballpark price). I'm not sure if there's a difference between unsigned proofs and out of series copies.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I'm not sure if there's a difference between unsigned proofs and out of series copies.
    Probably not much of a difference. IIRC there were 24 copies designated as proofs and numbered by Michael Alpert. He also initialed them and put a letter in each one that said what it was and how it was used in the publication process.

I think the out of series copies lack all of that.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, my copy does lack all that. But production-wise, I think it's the same as the proof, and perhaps the signed version (binding et cetera). I think that right now $450 is reasonable for an out of series copy and maybe $650 for the proof, given its limitation? I have no idea about the signed edition.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    What do you think a fair price for a NEW LIEUTENANT'S RAP would be? I'm talking about a numbered, signed copy. Not a proof. No envelope or peace necklace. I haven't seen one for sale in ages. All I have seen recently are unsigned proofs and other out of series copies. I think they are really scarce but not sure how to place a value.
    $2300

As you stated: I haven't seen one for sale in ages. I think they are really scarce.

and I agree.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Mr. Rabbit Trick;726005]
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    What do you think a fair price for a NEW LIEUTENANT'S RAP would be? I'm talking about a numbered, signed copy. Not a proof. No envelope or peace necklace. I haven't seen one for sale in ages. All I have seen recently are unsigned proofs and other out of series copies. I think they are really scarce but not sure how to place a value.
    The last one i remember for sale, a true numbered/signed copy, I tried to buy on ebay but lost out on. It was quite a few years ago....I had bid up to my max, $1800, couldn't afford more. I think it sold for like $1950 or something, but that had to be 5 years ago or more.
    Just last year i did purchase an "out of series copy" from a member here, not signed, not numbered, not marked in any way. Don't remember exactly but I paid around $350ish for it. Worked out great because i received it about a week before the George Mason event that I was already going to. So it is now a signed copy. Granted its not numbered and has the newer less attractive scribbled signature he does now adays, but its not as bad as some I have seen recently and not in sharpie, i was somewhat close to the front of the line for the signing so he wasn't tired/rushed yet.
    Figured it was the only way i was getting a signed copy...since i never see them for sale and now have 2 more kids to suck up my money !!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    As most here have seen I have offered 2 remarqued books and some art for sale with only one repsonse, I understand the drawings/paintings are expensive so I understand the lack of interest but the Whelan remarques I don't understand (at least not the one for 525.00) remarques have been going for 500.00 + with more available than the Whelans, I only know of these 2 out of the "30-50" done (there have been I think 2 others but they were done for a specific person not part of the 30-50), am I missing something for the lack of interest? Any opinions on values for the remarques (and the other art for that matter)? Thanks, Dave

P.S. It looks like I am going to sell my house and downsize so I no longer have as much a need to sell but I would still like to sell 1 of the 2 Whelan remarques and 1 of the 2 Wrightson paintings so thought on value would be helpfull.
    Hi Dave,

I'm not really good at that sort of thing, but personally I think your prices are great. I can't speak for anyone else, but my $s are just tied up for the forseeable future. So for me at least it's not at all lack of interest (I mean the stuff is all fantastic), it's lack of funds.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're also not really good at just posting once!

Dave, I love your artwork, but like Brice, my money is tied up for a while. A long while.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Contact David at Betts Books, he may be a while to get back to you, but I would bet he would be interested.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Contact David at Betts Books, he may be a while to get back to you, but I would bet he would be interested.
    I did try David and he was not interested.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Dave, this is my opinion anyway. I've always thought remarques and art are particular to the eye of the beholder. Either you like a particular work or you don't. So even if you are a remarque and and an art collector, not all art and remarques appeals to all collector. It's not like a S/L or a First edition.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

This might seem petty, but I think the desirability of the Whelan remarques is tainted by the fact that of the "30 - 50" in existence, the only two that have ever been seen on the open market were "found" by the same person, who also just happens to be an employee of the publisher (who in turn was the one to plant the seed value of $1,000 per remarque).

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    This might seem petty, but I think the desirability of the Whelan remarques is tainted by the fact that of the "30 - 50" in existence, the only two that have ever been seen on the open market were "found" by the same person, who also just happens to be an employee of the publisher (who in turn was the one to plant the seed value of $1,000 per remarque).
    Collector's wouldn't...perhaps barely...hesitate to buy one of these because of the "taint", IF it was a piece they liked, AND the price was right.
    I would suggest Dave (oythebrave) put the books and art on ebay. It's free to list-just set the price where if it sells you know there are ebay and paypal fees and understand that's what affects the net receipts.

Gunslinger Apprentice Tony will become famous soon enough Tony will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I'm don't know whether this affects the value or not, but I also found this highly interesting.

Banned Thelangoleer will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

What's the value of a shrink wrapped DT 1-3 set (third print gunslinger, second print dott, and first print wastelands)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Less than an unshrinkwrapped one.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Thelangoleer View Post
    What's the value of a shrink wrapped DT 1-3 set (third print gunslinger, second print dott, and first print wastelands)
    Four sets have recently sold at Betts for $145 to $175.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

There is an auction on eBay right now for the signed form letter and bookmark that SK sent to Constant Readers when he stopped signing books through the mail. What's the estimated value of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330797097293...84.m1438.l2649

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    There is an auction on eBay right now for the signed form letter and bookmark that SK sent to Constant Readers when he stopped signing books through the mail. What's the estimated value of this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330797097293...84.m1438.l2649
    Normaly, the DEAR Constant Reader,
    ..... the signatur is real
    Card with the original signatur have the sice from an normal postcard.
    On the backside are pics from DT books.

When i see the pic, it looks like the half of the card is missing???
    But itīs NICE that the īletterī is included.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm considering selling my Night Shift case and was wondering if any of these have sold lately and for what price range?

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What's the current going price for the slipcased S/L The Colorado Kid limited to 150 copies?. Thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say not any more, and probably less than the than the issue price of Ģ150. Conversion ~$235.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 388 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast