Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 388 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great discussion, guys. Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the UK edition is superior to the US edition, but Bob's comment of "Follow the flag" makes sense.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Follow the flag rule does apply! However, the H&S UK signed, numbered, slipcases edition is far superior to the S&S US signed release.

Im starting to think S&S realized they got spanked by H&S on what a limited should be, so they made sure all stops in place keeping H&S from doing a real limited of 11/22/63. OK, I know that isn't true and how it works, but seems that way to me....haha.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing would surprise me with S&S when it comes to King limited editions, Ralph, so you may be right!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My unsubstantiated conspiracy theory is that SK didn't sign any signature sheets for 11/22/63. Instead, before UtD was published, he signed 10,000 (or some other number) otherwise blank sheets. They used 1,500 of them to make the UtD S/L, and 1,000 for 11/22/63.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That would account for the horid sigs we are getting now Robert
    Christine

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    My unsubstantiated conspiracy theory is that SK didn't sign any signature sheets for 11/22/63. Instead, before UtD was published, he signed 10,000 (or some other number) otherwise blank sheets. They used 1,500 of them to make the UtD S/L, and 1,000 for 11/22/63.
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. They are just blank sheets, right? With just his signature?

Easton Press has had no shortage of Kurt Vonnegut signed editions coming out, and he died seven years ago (or whatever). If S+S wants these signed sheets in the pocket for ANY upcoming book, I could see that being part of the contract - "Sign 10K and we'll leave ya alone."

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bio, you KNOW I want to buy it, but, alas, I am not really buying anything at the moment, lol.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    That makes a lot of sense, actually. They are just blank sheets, right? With just his signature?

Easton Press has had no shortage of Kurt Vonnegut signed editions coming out, and he died seven years ago (or whatever). If S+S wants these signed sheets in the pocket for ANY upcoming book, I could see that being part of the contract - "Sign 10K and we'll leave ya alone."

I haven't actually seen any of them, but Easton Press has had so many signed Vonnegut books that I just kinda' assumed they were autopenned. Really it's why I haven't gone after any. I mean I suppose he could have just signed a shitload of blank sheets for them years back.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys.
    Just wondering what a 1st edition UK 'Salem's lot would be worth? Thinking about a special Dolso case for a nice book, and this may be one worth protecting?

Cheers
    James

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi guys.
    Just wondering what a 1st edition UK 'Salem's lot would be worth? Thinking about a special Dolso case for a nice book, and this may be one worth protecting?
    It is definitely worth protecting. As to what it is worth....it depends very much on condition. A truly fine/fine copy with a priced, unclipped dust jacket and no previous owner signature, etc. would be worth over $500 and maybe more.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My copy is in NF condition but turned out to be priceclipped. I paid $150 for it (or maybe a little less). I agree with Bob's observations.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank guys. It is unclipped, but the wording underneath the price has almost faded away. I think it said "only in the UK" or something? It has a $7.50 price writtin in pencil on the first page, which could be removed easily enough I guess. No tears in the dustjacket.

Sounds as though this is the book to get a case for then. Cheers

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Hi guys.
    It is definitely worth protecting. As to what it is worth....it depends very much on condition. A truly fine/fine copy with a priced, unclipped dust jacket and no previous owner signature, etc. would be worth over $500 and maybe more.
    I agree with Bob. Reference Hutch:

http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladv...=0&i=117514086
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post

I haven't actually seen any of them, but Easton Press has had so many signed Vonnegut books that I just kinda' assumed they were autopenned. Really it's why I haven't gone after any. I mean I suppose he could have just signed a shitload of blank sheets for them years back.
    No, they're not auto-penned...I've had quite a few Easton Vonnegut's over the years and the signatures are pretty different...plus, it's a pretty messy signature too.

But - did he sign them himself? Who knows. Frankly, Easton makes a big deal that each book is "signed personally," so I don't think they have any interest, nor is there an upside, in going down the fraudulent path. It makes more sense that Vonnegutt just signed a bunch of sheets per day and now his estate keeps the money coming in.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I just got the US S/L 11/22/63 (after getting lucky on the lottery on a book I wasn't initially paying much attention to). I had to go to UPS Wednesday night since it was Out for Delivery in a completely different part of the metroplex.

I have not/will not open it but know that there is a DVD in it. In MY copy, at around page 80 or so, I see a "break" in the pages as if while the book was sitting around an object hit the edge and damaged a page around there. The shrink wrap has no trauma, so I'm not sure if it is actually damage, or if the DVD is inserted in the book in that area and I'm just seeing the warp around the DVD.

I've emailed customer service, but thought I'd ask the experts around here and see if any of you have experience in this type of thing. I couldn't figure out a way to attach a photo from my phone, so I'll try to figure that out if I need to.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Rahfa! It was just speculation on my part. I really had nothing to base it on other than the sheer volume of signed vonnegut's they have.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post

I have not/will not open it but know that there is a DVD in it. In MY copy, at around page 80 or so, I see a "break" in the pages as if while the book was sitting around an object hit the edge and damaged a page around there. The shrink wrap has no trauma, so I'm not sure if it is actually damage, or if the DVD is inserted in the book in that area and I'm just seeing the warp around the DVD.
    A photo would definitely help. But the DVD and its sleeve are at the very back of the book, so what you are seeing around page 80 or so would not be due to that.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a fault to me. There should not be any "breaks" in the pages.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take it out of the shrinkwrap, there have been other flaws noted in these books.

On the shrinkwrap note, always take them out of it, epescially these S&S versions, these guys are not the greatest at making books and tend to mess them up while producing them, so you need to open it up and check it out.
    Christine

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

ALWAYS TAKE YOUR ITEMS OUT OF THE SHRINKWRAP!

Leaving the shrinkwrap on an expensive, signed book is the equivalent of trusting a monkey with your brain surgery.

Country
    Country Flag

lol I agree Shannon, was just trying to be a bit more diplomatic about it.
    Christine

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    ALWAYS TAKE YOUR ITEMS OUT OF THE SHRINKWRAP!

Leaving the shrinkwrap on an expensive, signed book is the equivalent of trusting a monkey with your brain surgery.
    LOL Shannon!!!! Remember "an infinite amount of mokey's performing brain surgery and one of them is bound to get it right"! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol and while one is performing brain surgery, another one write the works of ... Stephen King.

Citizen of Gilead jemaher will become famous soon enough jemaher will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

may be a while.... most of the talented monkey are in administration at my workplace

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree with all the shrinkwrap remarks, but I still find it very difficult to remove it. I've only taken the wrap off a couple of my King books so far (looking for non-existant remarques), and I've never found anything wrong with those I've freed.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 388 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast