Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 388 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Priest View Post
    Any idea on a F/F first ed Carrie that is flat signed? And a UK proof flat signed of From a Buick 8?
    For Carrie

Assuming that its a really F/F its depending on the age of the signature id say
    70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

open for other opinions but I guess its somewhere around that
    Post 338
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ie#post1091448
    No year given.
    But thanks
    I can't - but check in the "Signatur" topic - members over there can probably tell you not only the year but also the day of the year the signature was done , by only looking at it ;D
    That is really impressive

Edit: im definitiv out of my comfort zone here, but it doesn't look like the recent once (2010+)
    but here I am out - there is a topic somewhere that shows the sig over time - searching for it right now

Condition of the book is up for your judgement, its so subjective, anyhow its a very nice copy!!
    If its yours congrats - its a treasure to have such a nice book.

Edit: - i put me bet to mid 90' for this one ;D

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    How much is this thing worth? Does the publisher's letter significantly increase the price of the proof? I think I paid $125 for it a long time ago.
    I sold mine for £325 (GBP) to a member on here. All the ones I've seen came with the publisher's letter.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks for your help Priest. Yes it is mine. I'll take a mid 90's sig. If I can find that Signature topic, maybe I post it there.
    Thanks again.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea on a F/F first ed Carrie that is flat signed? And a UK proof flat signed of From a Buick 8?
    For Carrie

70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

Post 338
    No year given.
    Thanks
    Looking at the copy, the signature is defiantly pre '99. That said I would not call that copy F/F. with the spine lean to the book, I would put the book at NF without seeing the whole thing. The DJ I would put at NF- Cover looks good but the spine is missing some paper over the "Doubleday" and there a smudging up top. on the front flap there is a check mark on it as well as more smudging. All are very small things but I think it brings it down to the NF/NF category

EDIT: Sig Page:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...nt&redirect=no

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    For Carrie

70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

Post 338
    No year given.
    Thanks
    Looking at the copy, the signature is defiantly pre '99. That said I would not call that copy F/F. with the spine lean to the book, I would put the book at NF without seeing the whole thing. The DJ I would put at NF- Cover looks good but the spine is missing some paper over the "Doubleday" and there a smudging up top. on the front flap there is a check mark on it as well as more smudging. All are very small things but I think it brings it down to the NF/NF category

Thanks JS. First, I agree with the spine lean. I know it's there. Second the word Double Day is fully there, it's just the best angle I could get of that. And I know about
    the check mark. I did not see any smuggling though I am still a novice at grading this stuff. I will take a NF/NF copy. With the sig, it should still be around $1,200 maybe?
    I am fine with this copy. I don't intend on trying to find a better one.
    Thanks

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

For Carrie

70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

Post 338
    No year given.
    Thanks

Thanks JS. First, I agree with the spine lean. I know it's there. Second the word Double Day is fully there, it's just the best angle I could get of that. And I know about
    the check mark. I did not see any smuggling though I am still a novice at grading this stuff. I will take a NF/NF copy. With the sig, it should still be around $1,200 maybe?
    Thanks
    I would say yes 1200.
    This was a truly beautiful copy with an 80s sig and only went for 1500. So it's one of those you get what someone is willing to pay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For Carrie

70/80 - 2500+
    90/00 - 2000+
    10/+ - 1500+

Post 338
    No year given.
    Thanks

Thanks
    I would say yes 1200.
    This was a truly beautiful copy with an 80s sig and only went for 1500. So it's one of those you get what someone is willing to pay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-Kin...p2047675.l2557
    Damn - I would have bought that in a second for 1500.
    That was unusual cheap

My Mood
    Cool

Thanks guys. TBH, I forget how much I paid for it but I was hoping against hope that it would be closer to the $1700-$1800 range. But that's OK. It's still a nice first ed Carrie with a flat sig so I am not upset .
    P.S If I am reading my older emails right, I bought the Carrie AND a Salems' Lot 3rd state for about
    $1500. So I think that's a good deal.
    Thanks again.
    Mike

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

How much does a set of this type run? The first three are of course the slipcased gift set with the Gunslinger as a 3rd printing, the next a 2nd printing, and the third volume a 1st. All the others are 1sts. All trades, none signed. All Fine/Fine, unread. I gathered these with the plan of re-reading the entire series in a nice hardcover format, but never did get around to doing so, and likely never will, so am thinking about passing them on to a more interested home...but just not sure of the value. Also, since the lmatter volumes are relatively common, would I be better off to split it up and sell the slipcased set and the fourth volume each separately, or is it more attractive as a set?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Dark Man signed limited and matching portfolio?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    The Dark Man signed limited and matching portfolio?
    From what I've seen these usually run in the $450-550 range.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea on a Wastelands jacket still in tube (never placed on book)?

I have two. One perfect and the other has a tiny tiny spot but still rolled up as well.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    How much is this thing worth? Does the publisher's letter significantly increase the price of the proof? I think I paid $125 for it a long time ago.
    I sold mine for £325 (GBP) to a member on here. All the ones I've seen came with the publisher's letter.
    Thanks. It seems the proof has a rather wide range of prices.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I buy small and sell big. I bought it from a member on here for $49.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my friends found a Betts Book ARC of the House Next Door limited edition.
    She was wondering about the value. Any thoughts?
    I don't collect proofs so no idea what to tell her.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    One of my friends found a Betts Book ARC of the House Next Door limited edition.
    It's strange that they did an ARC for a binding job. The book was already printed, and Bett's had the page block bound in soft cover. I can see the cover being proofed, but that doesn't require an ARC.

Maybe Stu received more page blocks than limitation pages and so made ARCs out of the extras.

You might want to ask your question over on the Proofs thread too. John, Jon, Michaël, Paul, etc., should be able to help.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    It's strange that they did an ARC for a binding job. The book was already printed, and Bett's had the page block bound in soft cover. I can see the cover being proofed, but that doesn't require an ARC.

Maybe Stu received more page blocks than limitation pages and so made ARCs out of the extras.

You might want to ask your question over on the Proofs thread too. John, Jon, Michaël, Paul, etc., should be able to help.
    Interesting Brian. I didn't know this even existed and was wondering what the deal was. She says it's a proof but maybe she didn't realize it's one of the specially bound copies? The pics have black binding with limited edition on the cover and betts books on the back.
    I'll post over in the proofs section. Thanks for the reply!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never heard of this. I'd love to see some pics.

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Interesting Brian. I didn't know this even existed and was wondering what the deal was. She says it's a proof but maybe she didn't realize it's one of the specially bound copies? The pics have black binding with limited edition on the cover and betts books on the back.
    I'll post over in the proofs section. Thanks for the reply!
    She might have assumed it's a proof since it's a paperback and looks rather plain. Since she's a friend, tell her to look for King's signature.

Here's the link to the catalog entry.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

^^^^ That's it! Yep, maybe not a proof. I'll tell her to look for a signature! Any guess to value?
    What's the story with these? Did Stu make softcovers for a reason?
    Disregard Brian, I just saw that you sent the link. Thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

^^^^ That's it! Yep, maybe not a proof. I'll tell her to look for a signature! Any guess to value?
    What's the story with these? Did Stu make softcovers for a reason?
    Disregard Brian, I just saw that you sent the link. Thank you!
    I don't know the value of these. I've never found it desirable. Just because of the King signature I'd guess $120?

The actual S/L numbered edition is worth about $300.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid $150 for mine, but this was 3 years ago.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    How much does a set of this type run? The first three are of course the slipcased gift set with the Gunslinger as a 3rd printing, the next a 2nd printing, and the third volume a 1st. All the others are 1sts. All trades, none signed. All Fine/Fine, unread. I gathered these with the plan of re-reading the entire series in a nice hardcover format, but never did get around to doing so, and likely never will, so am thinking about passing them on to a more interested home...but just not sure of the value. Also, since the lmatter volumes are relatively common, would I be better off to split it up and sell the slipcased set and the fourth volume each separately, or is it more attractive as a set?

I think you'd do better if you split the set the way you said. You could try selling the last three books as a set to avoid shipping them separately. I'd trade them in though. They're really nice for trade editions but not hard to find at all.

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

I buy small and sell big. I bought it from a member on here for $49.
    Let me guess, the asking price was $50 and it was battered down to $49!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Let me guess, the asking price was $50 and it was battered down to $49!!!!
    No, I bought his whole collection. He was in a severe financial situation and I was able to help him out with instant cash.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 315 of 388 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 ... LastLast