Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 388 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post

John Knott has one listed for sale on ABE for $1250.
    Yeah, I stumbled across that the other day. I'm not familiar with that bookstore
    John Knott is a very well respected antiquarian book dealer. He has been around for a long time and is, in some way, partners with Lloyd Currey. They seem to sometimes list each others books. I have previously ordered something from Currey and have it come from Knott. They usually exhibit in the same booth at book fairs/events.
    Right on! I have probably run across his stuff then. I'm familiar with Currey. My memory is just abysmal. There are very few bookstores I recognize by name.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that you mention it, I also once bought a book from Currey and it was shipped by Knott.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey team, ballpark value for the Cycle of the Werewolf S/L ART Portfolio?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Under 100 W/ Wrightson original is pushing $1500 - $2K in perfect shape. Over 100 I would say $1000 -$1500.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Under 100 W/ Wrightson original is pushing $1500 - $2K in perfect shape. Over 100 I would say $1000 -$1500.
    Wow! Just for the art portfolio?? I saw these prices on eBay and thought those sellers were dreaming. Thanks Kris.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Just for the art portfolio?? I saw these prices on eBay and thought those sellers were dreaming. Thanks Kris.
    I don't think so... keep in mind.. hard to find these in perfect shape. The folders were very prone to creasing and dirt. ANd I looked at a lot of them over the years...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I wasn't aware of any Wrightson original artwork in any of the portfolios. I thought those were just in the S/L books(#'s 1-100). Are you guys talking about the same thing?

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't aware of any Wrightson original artwork in any of the portfolios. I thought those were just in the S/L books. Are you guys talking about the same thing?
    Were the Wrightson originals NOT in the portfolios Bob? My bad if not... It was depiction of wolf...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Were the Wrightson originals NOT in the portfolios Bob?
    I don't think so. But I don't have a portfolio numbered less than 100 so I could be wrong. But I've never heard of an original drawing in a portfolio.

Country
    Country Flag

Were the Wrightson originals NOT in the portfolios Bob?
    I don't think so.
    I guess, I always seen them as a "set" under a 100 come to think of it... it is true... learn something every day! I was always valuing the portfolio based on the art laid in with the prints!!!!! I do not know how many times I asked someone on Ebay if the portfolio had the original. LOL Never did though! My pricing would be off then. How would you value it Bob?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

How would you value it Bob?
    I'm not the best one to ask. I really don't track recent sale prices that much.

And, to my knowledge, there are very few matching numbered "sets" out there. They weren't sold that way. The only matching numbered "sets" out there have been assembled after the fact by sheer luck. Again, this is just to my knowledge and subject to correction.

Country
    Country Flag

How would you value it Bob?
    I'm not the best one to ask. I really don't track recent sale prices that much.

And, to my knowledge, there are very few matching numbered "sets" out there. They weren't sold that way. The only matching numbered "sets" out there have been assembled after the fact by sheer luck. Again, this is just to my knowledge and subject to correction.
    David said less than 12 matching sets out there he thinks.. and perfect condition he things maybe 6 as I had a nice convo with him on this
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wrigtson "wolf" original only came with the 1-100 numbered S/L Book in slipcase, never with the portfolio. Here is a part of the limitation page from my copy:

"Copies #1 through 100 are designed as the Collectors Edition and contain an original drawing by illustrator Bernie Wrightson which has been tipped in the front of the book. Books numbered 101 through 350 are designated as the Deluxe Edition."

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    The Wrigtson "wolf" original only came with the 1-100 numbered S/L Book in slipcase, never with the portfolio. Here is a part of the limitation page from my copy:

"Copies #1 through 100 are designed as the Collectors Edition and contain an original drawing by illustrator Bernie Wrightson which has been tipped in the front of the book. Books numbered 101 through 350 are designated as the Deluxe Edition."

Mulleins
    PERFECT. Thanks Ralph. I was so wrong on this...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob is correct in saying, "And, to my knowledge, there are very few matching numbered "sets" out there. They weren't sold that way. The only matching numbered "sets" out there have been assembled after the fact by sheer luck."

I'm very lucky to have the #70 set. The person I purchased it from picked both up together, but it was only because of a special relationship. I don't believe Zavisa planned on the first 100 to be matching or even thought of it that way when published.

If anyone wants to revisit a copy, here is my matching number set (starting thread at 151):

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...aretaker/page7

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Bob, Kris and Ralph for clarifying my question - canons in discussion - very helpful. So I assume that the value is likely to be a lot lower, given there is no original drawing in the art portfolios.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Peri-
    I bought my S/L portfolio off eBay for $300 some months ago. I believe Ari bought one shortly before I did for... $260? I remember because I was also bidding on that one! But I think his was missing one of the prints. Hope that helps...

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Killjoy...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Hey Peri-
    I bought my S/L portfolio off eBay for $300 some months ago. I believe Ari bought one shortly before I did for... $260? I remember because I was also bidding on that one! But I think his was missing one of the prints. Hope that helps...
    To help in my new understanding of values on this.. what condition was it? I know so many are wrinkled. Thanks in advance!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Bob is correct in saying, "And, to my knowledge, there are very few matching numbered "sets" out there. They weren't sold that way. The only matching numbered "sets" out there have been assembled after the fact by sheer luck."

I'm very lucky to have the #70 set. The person I purchased it from picked both up together, but it was only because of a special relationship. I don't believe Zavisa planned on the first 100 to be matching or even thought of it that way when published.

If anyone wants to revisit a copy, here is my matching number set (starting thread at 151):

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...aretaker/page7

Mulleins
    Yeah , this was not like Grant where you could order a certain number eh Ralph? I think pure luck was the key to getting a matching set. David seemed pretty sure in his estimations on that. I found it to be fascinating! Congrats on a big time rarity!! ( I have drooled over it many a time my friend!)
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Betts prices - $250 to $399

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi team. I recall years ago some book chain had a 5th cover created for the paperback editions of UTD, and these covers were hard to come by compared to the other 4. Curious is there is any value in these? I heard there may have been as little as 100 printed?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Hi team. I recall years ago some book chain had a 5th cover created for the paperback editions of UTD, and these covers were hard to come by compared to the other 4. Curious is there is any value in these? I heard there may have been as little as 100 printed?
    It was a supermarket chain (Tesco). They took a very long time to sell out, even after they dropped the price 50%. The demand for these is basically non-existant, so they are not worth the cover price.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Was surprised the the last 1-2... IT S/L were so cheap. £450,00
    Would have thought that the prices increase because of the new movie ...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stephen-King-...vip=true&rt=nc

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Was surprised the the last 1-2... IT S/L were so cheap. £450,00
    Would have thought that the prices increase because of the new movie ...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Stephen-King-...vip=true&rt=nc
    Here in the US that book would have brought in $1000+

Mulleins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 264 of 388 FirstFirst ... 164 214 254 262 263 264 265 266 274 314 364 ... LastLast