Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 388 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,075 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe Alec who recently joined the site does business with VFB.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

He does and feels he has had nothing but great service from them.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    For the record.. I never said VFB's had bad service. I just feel David's is top notch as well. And a more honest man... not sure if you could find one!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    For the record.. I never said VFB's had bad service. I just feel David's is top notch as well. And a more honest man... not sure if you could find one!
    Well, of course we all agree that David's honesty is absolutely above reproach.

But unless one has actually dealt with Emmanuel (and I actually sold to him years ago) I don't think it's that fair to say he's "a more honest man." We all feel that way about people we know personally.

I would buy from David first and foremost, above anybody. Tippy would be #2. But that's because I've had a couple dealings with both of them.

Emmanuel I did sell too years ago, and he was certainly an easy person to deal with.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

We seem to have digressed somewhat... The question was never about honesty or who is the better seller.. The question that was asked was "why would you buy from VFB when there prices are so much higher" my original response was trying to answer that question.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I work for an organisation that sells our services/prducts at a bit of a premium compared to our competitors, based on the theory we provide better service etc and so our Members will see value in the additional cost. I think VFB runs on that same theory but even understanding/accepting that premise wouldn't entice me to pay those prices. The service I receive from Betts is brilliant and I just don't see where VFB could improve on the service to the degree to support their price differential.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

TBH comparing ANY Book dealer to David is unfair. David is foremost a Stephen King collector like the rest of us and although I'm sure he likes to make a profit, it doesn't seem to be his driving force behind why he runs Betts. (I realize I am effectively speaking for David here, which is not my intention, just my opinion). His prices are amongst the lowest out there for SK collectible books and we are damn lucky to have him.

If you compare VFB to other Book dealers, then the prices dont look quite so sky - high.

Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with VFB in any way, I merely like to play Devils advocate sometimes. I also think we should get back on topic...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fair call Simon

To kinda put it back on topic, as the thread is about assessing market value - how many here when asked what market value is for a book would agree that a sale through VFB's is a fair representation of the current value? Usually we get recent Betts sale data (thanks Mr RT), recent sales through this site, and the odd eBay reference. We don't normally hear "VFB sold this book for $x, and so $x can be considered market value...."

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If VFB ever sells that IT for $1,750 or the Signed Revival for $450, I would not consider that FMV. I would consider it fortunate for VFB.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Fair call Simon

To kinda put it back on topic, as the thread is about assessing market value - how many here when asked what market value is for a book would agree that a sale through VFB's is a fair representation of the current value? Usually we get recent Betts sale data (thanks Mr RT), recent sales through this site, and the odd eBay reference. We don't normally hear "VFB sold this book for $x, and so $x can be considered market value...."
    Ah now thats a better question! We do use Betts prices a lot here as Market Value, but in reality is that a realistic true free market price? Members here tend to align themselves with Betts prices when selling their own books, sometimes slightly lower if they are competing against a Betts sale, sometimes a little higher for a book that no-one else is selling right now, but more or less around the recent Betts sales figures.

Outside of this forum, could that same book be found for the same money - or even less? I very much doubt it. Ebay has it's markup and sellers take that into account, Book Dealers also add their own premium too.

I would look at the figures posted here as "Fair Market Price "within this community"

Thoughts from others?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fair market value is always going to be what someone is willing to pay. We all use Bett's as a rough go to for value because that is who we all buy from. My problem is who in their right mind would pay $1795 for an S/L IT? Mine was perfect and HALF that price. Not to mention... all of use research, ask, and carefully price a book should we want/need to sell it. How many people really would go to VFB and just clic "buy" drop it in their cart and pay? Someone uneducated? Obviously that is the case. Not that they are stupid but not educated in the pricing that is out there for these books. I just had a conversation on a collecting group with a fellow who told me Bett's pricing was "way to high"!!!!!! Where is he buying? I want to know... it just shows he is uneducated in pricing as well. Emmanuele HAS to know about Bett's... I know he does as David deals with him. So why does he mark them up so much? Is his service worth twice the going rate for that IT S/L? I would have to say no.. it sure isn't. His business model only shoots itself in the foot by losing customers to every other avenue available for King books. I NEVER go there... does anyone else here stop by other than to shake your head at the pricing?

So, my thoughts on "Fair Market Price "within this community"???? Guess I am just glad to be able to say... I am in THIS community. Whether there is spots to get books lower... OR higher... trust, honesty and dealing with friends makes this the place to be for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Fair market value is always going to be what someone is willing to pay. We all use Bett's as a rough go to for value because that is who we all buy from. My problem is who in their right mind would pay $1795 for an S/L IT? Mine was perfect and HALF that price. Not to mention... all of use research, ask, and carefully price a book should we want/need to sell it. How many people really would go to VFB and just clic "buy" drop it in their cart and pay? Someone uneducated? Obviously that is the case. Not that they are stupid but not educated in the pricing that is out there for these books. I just had a conversation on a collecting group with a fellow who told me Bett's pricing was "way to high"!!!!!! Where is he buying? I want to know... it just shows he is uneducated in pricing as well. Emmanuele HAS to know about Bett's... I know he does as David deals with him. So why does he mark them up so much? Is his service worth twice the going rate for that IT S/L? I would have to say no.. it sure isn't. His business model only shoots itself in the foot by losing customers to every other avenue available for King books. I NEVER go there... does anyone else here stop by other than to shake your head at the pricing?

So, my thoughts on "Fair Market Price "within this community"???? Guess I am just glad to be able to say... I am in THIS community. Whether there is spots to get books lower... OR higher... trust, honesty and dealing with friends makes this the place to be for me.
    I agree with much of what you say, but the words "fair" and "market price" don't really go together. What is "fair" is relative to what a buyer can get. While I have never purchased a book from VFB, I frequent the VFB website and I am impressed with what appears to be a finely run book selling enterprise. If VFB can get those prices, then all the power to them. I think that sometimes, just because we belong to this community and know David at Bett's, that we assume all collectors must surely know what we know. Truth is, most buyers don't know about this website, or many others. Many buyers use ebay to find out what "market price" is, which is a shame because of all the fake signatures selling their, most of which sell below what many of us would call a "fair market price." VFB, Bett's, heck, any reputable bookseller, must admit that it's these fake signatures bring down the price of everything and thus create confusion as to what a "fair market price" really is. I hope this is not too repetitive with other's thoughts.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just throwing this out there, but when I went to the, Austin signing of the 400 attendee's there were 5 that were from or familiar with this site. We spoke with quite a few folks and they had never heard of TDT.Org. Yet they were all King fans. Webstar, is probably onto the real answer in that many fans are simply uneducated in what a FMV can be to a serious collector who is a member here. Do the math, this site represents about 100 serious collectors (give or take) and King has how many million fans? Take a percentage (say 10%) of those fans (say 1 Million for arguments sake) and call them "collectors" and you'd easily be talking about 100,000 people (probably much more). I would submit that those folks generally utilize at best ebay as a guide to pricing. As mentioned above, this site and it's community is a distinct advantage/disadvantage depending on whether you are the seller or buyer. Just a thought.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

What's the Current Market value for a back on topic post?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Current value for a signed "Revival"?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

$159

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $159
    Thanks, RF
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

$159
    Not $450? Are you sure? lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Priceless. (That's a word used alot around my house. It helps that my wife works for the credit card company that likes to use that slogan)

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I check Bett's daily and I check VFB......never. I guess that tells me how I feel.
    But the marketplace must agree with both or they would be gone.

WANTED:
    Roadwork USA 1st PB
    Mr Mercedes signed will pay $675

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Two rep points?

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can i get a price for a lettered edition of Battleground? Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, the promo cardboard truck for Maximum Overdrive. Thanks!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I sold a copy in March for $1,500.00. Not sure what others have sold at?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I sold a copy in March for $1,500.00. Not sure what others have sold at?
    This year Betts sold one for $1500.00 and last year I also bought one for the same amount on eBay. I hadn't seen one before that for quite a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 203 of 388 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 303 ... LastLast