Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 388 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There is actually someone who regularly puts up a facsimile 1st state DJ for sale on eBay. He explicitly mentions it and the name of the company is on the DJ somewhere, but it clearly shows that it can be done very easily.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There was someone selling facsimile ones on ebay recently. The only difference was that he had "facsimile" printed on it to distinguish it from the real ones.

He could easily print some without the extra writing as sell them as original.

Edit. Sorry Michael beat me to it.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    true rabbit...true... originals...

so... a comparison...
    who owns the original drums (code named mousetrap)
    1. Bob
    5. Terry (me)

who owns the salem's lot 1st jacket?
    1. Bob
    2. Hutch?
    5.... (not me)
    why so important to anyone, that is unless someone were to be selling. I know all the owners of the first state 'Salem's (unless there has been a change in ownership in the last 5 years).... but I'm keeping it to myself
    hey dave,
    I asked simply out of curiosity to see how many of the 5 salem's lot owners were also the same people who own the Drums

not that "important"... just a collecting question ...
    so, you can answer the question without revealing all the "names" - if you know all the owners of the drum (codenamed mousetrap)
    how many are the same people?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    One of these days I might let you all see my original "The Drum Vol. 1 No. 4" dated 29 May 1964. This contains the only printing of "Band Uniforms".
    Nice!
    Never heard about this one. Except if it's in Justin's bibliography, but i cant remember.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Years ago after close examination I noticed some slight differences between the 1st and second state djs. I spoke with Bob J about my observations and his DJ had those same differences. I think it would be difficult to create a forgery of the original 1st state without having one in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I posted one thing about the Salem's Lot DJs some time ago and I still think the same thing:

I understand that the price of it is the one the collectors are willing to pay, but don't you think it's an item that it won't be hard to forge? I mean...easily, one could print some with the right paper and put the necesary stuff in it to look it like it is from the 70s. And even when some may have direct contact with the person that distribute these 5 copies in the first place, is he so extremely sure that there are only five copies?. What happens if tomorrow, or in a month, or in a year, etc, a collector appears and say that he has one. Would everyone think it's a forge? What if he mentions that he got it from the same John Doe (I don't remember his name) that sold/distribute the previous five. Could he be lying or maybe J. Doe was wrong in the first place?

What about it in 10 or 20 years, when some of the five actual owners may sell his collection, and many of us may already have stopped collecting and a new generation of collectors is in the field?

It's a very easily item to forge in my opinion, and even when there are people that would spend a lot on it, I wouldn't even if I had the money. Too risky for my taste.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    Years ago after close examination I noticed some slight differences between the 1st and second state djs. I spoke with Bob J about my observations and his DJ had those same differences. I think it would be difficult to create a forgery of the original 1st state without having one in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I posted one thing about the Salem's Lot DJs some time ago and I still think the same thing:

I understand that the price of it is the one the collectors are willing to pay, but don't you think it's an item that it won't be hard to forge? I mean...easily, one could print some with the right paper and put the necesary stuff in it to look it like it is from the 70s. And even when some may have direct contact with the person that distribute these 5 copies in the first place, is he so extremely sure that there are only five copies?. What happens if tomorrow, or in a month, or in a year, etc, a collector appears and say that he has one. Would everyone think it's a forge? What if he mentions that he got it from the same John Doe (I don't remember his name) that sold/distribute the previous five. Could he be lying or maybe J. Doe was wrong in the first place?

What about it in 10 or 20 years, when some of the five actual owners may sell his collection, and many of us may already have stopped collecting and a new generation of collectors is in the field?

It's a very easily item to forge in my opinion, and even when there are people that would spend a lot on it, I wouldn't even if I had the money. Too risky for my taste.

so if any really good forgeries show up... we know it is one of you two guys printing them.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

But unless this potential seller provides you or one of the only other four people that have the DJ a really hi res pic of the item and pointing to these slight differences, there's no chance to prove that it's a forgery.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How much is a fine copy of the second edition of THE GUNSLINGER worth nowadays? And a decent first edition? I'm thinking of selling the second edition to partially fund the upgrade to a first edition (which doesn't need to be flawless).

I've been doing a bit of research online of course and I have some ballpark figures in mind but I'd like to get some feedback/thoughts from the group. If anyone is interested I'm open to a trade plus cash kind of deal of course!

*edit: I received some great offers since I posted this but in the end, I have decided not to go for a 1st edition at this moment - I would need to sell several books and I just don't see that happening anytime soon (I don't mind selling them but it's hard to find buyers!). Looks like I'll need to save some money, sell my GUNSLINGER 2nd and then look for a good deal on a 1st. But thanks anyway, everyone!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mint/As New, Fine, Pristine, Flawless etc. (both book & Jacket)
    I would say $275.00

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    How much is a fine copy of the second edition of THE GUNSLINGER worth nowadays? And a decent first edition? I'm thinking of selling the second edition to partially fund the upgrade to a first edition (which doesn't need to be flawless).

I've been doing a bit of research online of course and I have some ballpark figures in mind but I'd like to get some feedback/thoughts from the group. If anyone is interested I'm open to a trade plus cash kind of deal of course!

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

And a first edition in VG condition? I'd like to get an idea of what the gap is between the first and second editions (say, I sell the second edition for $200-250 and have the opportunity to get a first for $500-600, then I will need $300-400 to be able to pay for it).

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Michaël,
    I would think one of the DTorgers would be willing to sell you a decent 1st/1st for $550.00
    If they tried to ebay it they would lose about $75.00 anyway.

If you find someone let me know, I might be interested in the 2nd.
    Richard

And a first edition in VG condition? I'd like to get an idea of what the gap is between the first and second editions (say, I sell the second edition for $200-250 and have the opportunity to get a first for $500-600, then I will need $300-400 to be able to pay for it).

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

I'll keep you updated! You've been very helpful, thank you.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How much is a fine copy of the second edition of THE GUNSLINGER worth nowadays? And a decent first edition?
    The last 2 F/F 2nd editions at Betts both sold for $175 each.

The cheapest copies of the 1st edition at Betts both went for $775 each. You can get less than perfect copies for less on ebay.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Michaël,
    I would think one of the DTorgers would be willing to sell you a decent 1st/1st for $550.00
    If they tried to ebay it they would lose about $75.00 anyway.

If you find someone let me know, I might be interested in the 2nd.
    Richard

Damn, I paid $675 for mine some years ago!!! How times have changed......................for the worse!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I didnt feel like i had a complete collection until i had a first edition, 2nd edition and a third. The third had a different cover that i had to have!

Country
    Country Flag

I received some great offers after I posted this but in the end, I have decided not to go for a 1st edition at this moment - I would need to sell several books and I just don't see that happening anytime soon (I don't mind selling them but it's hard to find buyers!). Looks like I'll need to save some money, sell my GUNSLINGER 2nd and then look for a good deal on a 1st. But thanks anyway, everyone!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone give me a fair price on the s/l Black House and a matched set of SOD l & SODll please.

Country
    Country Flag

Here are Betts recent prices:

S/L Black House: 5 copies sold at $250. 5 copies sold at $275
    Matched set #61 of SOD l & SODll sold for $675

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

S/L Black House has been going for about $260-$280. The Secretary of Dreams books I think currently get about $280-$300 each.

edit: Oh, I didn't notice the "matched" scenario. Yes, a matched set would possibly get a bit more, as Mr. Rabbit Trick indicated

Gunslinger Apprentice mcdonaldj will become famous soon enough mcdonaldj's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

MRT, do you track Betts sale prices yourself or does David have this info available somewhere?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. RT is quite resourceful at tracking sales in general. I believe he does it himself...same as if it's the regular players he often knows who is buying and selling what on ebay.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Mr. RT is quite resourceful at tracking sales in general. I believe he does it himself...same as if it's the regular players he often knows who is buying and selling what on ebay.
    Brice is correct. I track prices all the time as well as what others are buying. I can guess what most bidders "limit" is, and when they will place their bid. Handy when I want to bid myself.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What is my limit?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    What is my limit?
    2 pints!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 388 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 ... LastLast