Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 388 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure, but wasn't there a slight difference in the coloring of the letters or something like that?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and the second edition does not have the limited price on it, as does the first edition dj.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Good info, Hutch and RF. Good luck on your auctions, Rusher.

This conversation about dustjackets for DMG's The Gunslinger made me think of a related question. I'm not buying or selling, just asking out of curiosity:

If a 1st Edition unused dj is in the range of $150 to $200 in today's market, what would be the estimated value of a 2nd Edition dj in the same unused condition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Is there a difference between the first edition/second edition djs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm not sure, but wasn't there a slight difference in the coloring of the letters or something like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Yes, and the second edition does not have the limited price on it, as does the first edition dj.

John
    That is correct.

So, anyone have an idea of today's market value?

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

$60. Theres a guy on ABE that has some for $58.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...6x%3D0%26y%3D0

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Graham's one of the good guys. He's been around a long time.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, My Gem is a galley proof of Bag of Bones. According to reliable sources only like 20 of these were produced. I'm not looking to sell but would dearly love to know what it's worth. I've posted pics in the brag about your collection threads.

Anyone hazard a guess?

Thx
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Graham's one of the good guys. He's been around a long time.

John
    Thanks, guys. They are less expensive than I had thought. I had easily expected $75-$100.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Ok, My Gem is a galley proof of Bag of Bones. According to reliable sources only like 20 of these were produced. I'm not looking to sell but would dearly love to know what it's worth. I've posted pics in the brag about your collection threads.

Anyone hazard a guess?

Thx
    Merlin, is yours the US or one of the UK editions? If it's the regular US one, there were LOTS of these distributed. King did a special signing of about 100 of these, addressed to various small book dealers. (If you want to see one, see post #21 in my Collections: jhanic proofs thread).

There was another proof issued by Scribner, an oversized "manuscript" proof. These are more scarce, but I heard there may have been about 50 of these. This may be the one you're talking about. (This is also pictured in my post #21.) I paid a little over $200 for this one a few years ago.

If it's one of the UK editions (there were three), the one with the slipcase and holograpic cover is the most common. Again, these are relatively common. There were also two other UK proofs of Bag of Bones made. Both are relatively rare. One has a green cover (my post #10) and the other I'm still looking for with a gray cover.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Wondering thoughts on the value of:

The Stand Signed/Limited

The Stand Signed/Lettered

??

Contemplating trying to "trade up" to the lettered edition. Given that the books are identical, what kind of premium do they hold over the limited?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand lettered is worth $1000 more than the numbered.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Prices for the Stand s/numbered should range between $1800-2100. That seems to be the going rate on eBay, most toward the lower end of that range.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thats what I was looking for, thanks Mr. RT!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

The Stand Signed/Limited

??

Contemplating trying to "trade up" to the lettered edition. Given that the books are identical, what kind of premium do they hold over the limited?
    I'm not sure I agree with the lettered being worth $1K more than the limited...I think it's one of those issues where one day there could be a $1K gap, and the next a $200 gap. To me, there's no premium at all, but that's just me.

My advice would be to not trade up at all...and save that premium to upgrade an Skeleton Crew limited to the lettered, which is an actual different book, and worth the extra money.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Also confirmed by Thomas's site. stephenkingcolector.com

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Also confirmed by Thomas's site. stephenkingcolector.com
    Well, it's a best estimate, not really a confirmation...I think all those prices could use a little readjusting...

But, not being a lettered collector, I'm always going to be on the low end of what is the right price to pay.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand what you're saying Rahfa. Take a book with a print run of, say, 500 numbered and 52 lettered. If you have number 117, you've got 1 of 552 books out there. If you've got letter AQ, you've still got 1 of 552 books out there. I don't see a premium myself, although I understand why others would.

If the book were otherwise different (binding, materials, artwork, sig's, etc.), then I could see a definite premium for the lettered edition.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    ...My advice would be to not trade up at all...and save that premium to upgrade an Skeleton Crew limited to the lettered, which is an actual different book, and worth the extra money.
    If I ever had the desire to upgrade to a Lettered from any of my Numbered books, that is exactly the one I would choose.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Anyone hazard a guess?

Thx
    Merlin, is yours the US or one of the UK editions? If it's the regular US one, there were LOTS of these distributed. King did a special signing of about 100 of these, addressed to various small book dealers. (If you want to see one, see post #21 in my Collections: jhanic proofs thread).

There was another proof issued by Scribner, an oversized "manuscript" proof. These are more scarce, but I heard there may have been about 50 of these. This may be the one you're talking about. (This is also pictured in my post #21.) I paid a little over $200 for this one a few years ago.

If it's one of the UK editions (there were three), the one with the slipcase and holograpic cover is the most common. Again, these are relatively common. There were also two other UK proofs of Bag of Bones made. Both are relatively rare. One has a green cover (my post #10) and the other I'm still looking for with a gray cover.

John
    Mine is the manuscript and according to Hutch there are only 20 issued. It comes in a slipcase with no hardcover binding. For internal distribution only
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

With all apologies to Hutch, I think he's wrong on this. Given the number of these that tend to show up on eBay, etc., I think there were more than 20. Of course, this is a question that I don't think will EVER be resolved. Publishers tend to extremely secretive about the numbers of proofs.

Otherwise, this a neat proof to own. You say you have a slipcase for yours. Mine came without a slipcase, and I'm sure no slipcase was issued with the proof. I wonder where yours came from.

John

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With all apologies to Hutch, I think he's wrong on this. Given the number of these that tend to show up on eBay, etc., I think there were more than 20. Of course, this is a question that I don't think will EVER be resolved. Publishers tend to extremely secretive about the numbers of proofs.

Otherwise, this a neat proof to own. You say you have a slipcase for yours. Mine came without a slipcase, and I'm sure no slipcase was issued with the proof. I wonder where yours came from.

John
    Came with the book (which I purchased from Hutch). Rather handsome case too. Perhaps he had it made I don't know. I probably would not have purchased it w/o the case, I would worry too much about degradation.

Thanks for your thoughts and insight
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I understand what you're saying Rahfa. Take a book with a print run of, say, 500 numbered and 52 lettered. If you have number 117, you've got 1 of 552 books out there. If you've got letter AQ, you've still got 1 of 552 books out there. I don't see a premium myself, although I understand why others would.

If the book were otherwise different (binding, materials, artwork, sig's, etc.), then I could see a definite premium for the lettered edition.
    Yeah, you're right - it comes down to how exclusive and unique you want your collection to be. To me, if it looks the same on the bookcase lettered vs. numbered, than it's not that exciting - but that uniqeness factor of the lettering by itself is much more important to many other big-time collectors!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand Signed/Limited

??

The "Coffin" edition is currently available on veryfinebooks for $2,250 which I believe is relatively cheap as I have seen it listed for as much as 5 grand.

Hope that helps
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

[/QUOTE]
    The "Coffin" edition is currently available on veryfinebooks for $2,250 which I believe is relatively cheap as I have seen it listed for as much as 5 grand.

[/QUOTE]

Yup I saw that....if i had the cake right now I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    They're also throwing in some basic stuff as a bonus...

Another question:
    The UK gift editions with Fax signatures~ Dolores and Nightmares ~
    What do you guys put as a value on these two??

I never really wanted them but maybe if the price was right...?

Thanks
    Dman

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I paid less than $100 for each of them a while ago. I still think this was a decent deal.

John

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Thanks John....
    Whats the attraction here? I see they have nice slips and decent binding...fax bookplate...but are there any color illustrations or anything else of mention?

I paid less than $100 for each of them a while ago. I still think this was a decent deal.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 388 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast