Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 388 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The Plant: I know of a set that sold about year and half ago for around 10k . Have no idea what condition they were in, and also dont know if the numbers matched, but I do know they were association copies inscribed to the same person.
    reality continues to ruin my life

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I usually go by the collectors website. I can usually do a little better pricing than what he quotes and i am content.

Each of the three years there were signed and numbered editions of 200 copies each as well as 26 lettered copies $1,000-$1,500

In addition, once in a while you can find copies that were not numbered or signed, these were pre-publication check copies. On the colophon leaf, these were marked "printer's proof" or "designer's proof/M.H.A" $600-$900

These copies were never made available to the general public, or through specialty bookstores, rather they were sent ONLY to people on the Kings' christmas list, as Stephen King felt that sending Christmas cards was insincere and so he gave sent copies of "The Plant" instead. You may ask yourself what his friends usually get for christmas, since the plant was only published three times. I have no idea, but if anyone who is on Stephen's christmas list would like to share I'd be happy to put it down. One thing you don't have to guess about is the price of all three editions on the secondary market, Probably some of the most expensive pieces of paper written! If you find someone selling all three copies at once, pull out your wallet, from time to time a matching set shows up this ranging from $7,000-$8,500

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At the point where I need to make a decision!

Seller (OUTSIDE of TDT) has given me an opportunity to acquire these and you simply don't see these very often....

I have pics and they are Near Fine condition at worst! Much better than I originally anticipated....

UGH.

P.S. Reason for hesitation = Out of Cash

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's up to you. Would your tip-top "complete The Plant set" consist of three of the same numbers or different numbers, but inscribed to the same person? If your answer is the second answer, then go for it. Sell some lower items and make this one yours.

These are rare, yes, but not super-duper rare. They will come up again.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[

Everyone makes up their own goals/collection but i have no need to purchase 3 plant books (is the story even complete?). It is a neat novelty, if i won the lottery i would buy it. but my priorities would be the stand s/l, etc... The Plant does not interest me!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's up to you. Would your tip-top "complete The Plant set" consist of three of the same numbers or different numbers, but inscribed to the same person? If your answer is the second answer, then go for it. Sell some lower items and make this one yours.

These are rare, yes, but not super-duper rare. They will come up again.
    As for me I'll take unnumbered but all signed to me.

From what I can tell KING made no attempt to match #s for the recipients of THE PLANT & a set of all three signed very rarely come up for sale.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

These 3 are signed well after the release dates.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    So what's your point? I told you they were unnumbered & they are all signed to me.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they're pretty fucking awesome.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    So what's your point? I told you they were unnumbered & they are all signed to me.
    It means they were not given out as Christmas presents in '82, '83 and '85, like all the rest.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Having all three inscribed to the same person is rare. I had the opportunity to acquire all three inscribed to Robert Bloch but sat on the fence too long and missed out. Im still kicking myself. I dont have much interest in the set unless all three are to the same person. Then I would comb the earth for the EOTD also to the same person.
    But its a lot of money so seems to me its all about budget and desire to have it in your collection.

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    At the point where I need to make a decision!

Seller (OUTSIDE of TDT) has given me an opportunity to acquire these and you simply don't see these very often....

I have pics and they are Near Fine condition at worst! Much better than I originally anticipated....

UGH.

P.S. Reason for hesitation = Out of Cash
    reality continues to ruin my life

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2nd that opinion Shannon

To reiterate - absolutely awesome Bruce, and, personally, I'd be happy with a set that were dedicated to the Easter Bunny or Freddy Kruger, however, I'm a long ways away from making an acquisition of that magnitude
    We all float down here!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    2nd that opinion Shannon

To reiterate - absolutely awesome Bruce, and, personally, I'd be happy with a set that were dedicated to the Easter Bunny or Freddy Kruger, however, I'm a long ways away from making an acquisition of that magnitude
    I would have to agree with the above!!! Awesome, Bruce. Just AWESOME!!!!

Spoiler:
    Pay no attention to the Scotsman behind the curtain!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I might be in the market for a lettered Subpress The Green Mile. What do you guys think of a fair price for it?. Thanks.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    I might be in the market for a lettered Subpress The Green Mile. What do you guys think of a fair price for it?. Thanks.
    do you have a lead on one? They are VERY hard to find. I have not seen one for sale in years.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been looking for one for quite some time.....

$2,250 - $2,750......

Good luck!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    do you have a lead on one? They are VERY hard to find. I have not seen one for sale in years.
    No, I thought I saw one for sale a few months ago, but I wasn't in the market then. Thanks for your input, AKC.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have bought and sold 2 at Betts in the last 18 months. Bought one at $2000 (a steal in my opinion) and resold it at $2600 I think. The other one was a prized possession/forced sale where all 6 volumes were remarqued by Mark Geyer. I facilitated that transaction at roughly $4000, but again, all 6 volumes were remarqued making it one of a kind as far as I know.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I have bought and sold 2 at Betts in the last 18 months. Bought one at $2000 (a steal in my opinion) and resold it at $2600 I think. The other one was a prized possession/forced sale where all 6 volumes were remarqued by Mark Geyer. I facilitated that transaction at roughly $4000, but again, all 6 volumes were remarqued making it one of a kind as far as I know.
    Thanks for the input, David. It might have been on your site then that I saw the remarqued lettered edition for sale. If i want to guess, I would say I've seen at least 4 or 5 total for sale. Not that common to see it being offered, but not as hard as finding THE PLANT S/L set.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    It means they were not given out as Christmas presents in '82, '83 and '85, like all the rest.
    Mine are signed on those dates. different numbers but all signed to the same person Michael McDowell.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Author Michael McDowell who died in 1999? Very nice.

King loved his work.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Author Michael McDowell who died in 1999? Very nice.

King loved his work.

Mulleins
    Yes.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered The Stand
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any ideas how much the Under the Dome ARC would go for? (Trade hardcover, no dustjacket, ISBN on the back)
    Just curious.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Any ideas how much the Under the Dome ARC would go for? (Trade hardcover, no dustjacket, ISBN on the back)
    Just curious.
    I'd say between $150 and $200. They don't show up too often any more. The one in your picture looks pretty worn, so I'd estimate $75 at the most.

John

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, still got a good deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 388 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast