Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 388 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 9676

Thread: Current Market Value-Experts assess yours, or other's collectible King item

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Daveblog.

I am not the expert some of the others here are, but I would say somewhere in the $300-$400 range at auction. I assume its a first edition.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

John F. Kennedy daveblog is on a distinguished road

Hi

yes it is a first edition.

I also have this, which I salvaged from the recycling bin 8 years ago at work

I had another galley for Lisey's Story, I think, but it got wrecked when my trunk leaked.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

DRAMA FREE!!?? DRAMA FREE!!?? I, for one, am exceptionally drama free.

Whatever it's worth, it's a very nice inscription(s)!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...."the FREE pile." That won't inspire any jealously...

As for the value, because of your provenance as a Stewart employee, I'm sure it would be significant but completely unpredicatable depending on the day's market....it's pretty cool, that's for sure.

(Colbert's exec. producer, who used to be at Stewart, is a childhood friend of mine...she never mentioned any 'free pile.' Haha...)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site! That's a neat item you have there--signed copies of Faithful aren't that common. I'd hate to give a value estimate, though.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, daveblog! Please look around and join in any conversation. Once you have a mere 5 posts, more member privileges open to you.

I love Jon Stewart, so that book is probably worth even more to a fan of both SK and JS. I haven't a clue as to its market value.

I wish my recycling bin were full of things like GUNSLINGER proofs!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A Double signed copy of Faithful goes for around $200. But given this is specifically to a celebrity, I'd say value is closer to $300.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Now neither of my posts are visible. Am i doing something wrong?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That must be some kind of bug - I think sometimes posts by new users are erroneously recognized as 'spam'. I'm sure the mods will be able to fix this.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hopefully I fixed the problem.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's fixed - I didn't see the post with the GUNSLINGER Viking proof the first time around. Good stuff!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Viking proof of The Gunslinger is one of the more scarce items. I have no idea on just how many were produced, but I'm sure the number was small.

John

Is there a guide to ARC/proofs/galleys? I don't even want to think about how many I have missed that ended up in the trash at work.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by daveblog View Post
    Is there a guide to ARC/proofs/galleys? I don't even want to think about how many I have missed that ended up in the trash at work.
    John (jhanic) has compiled a list of known proofs here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...en-King-proofs
    If you're into proof collecting the whole thread is a must-read!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Dave......did you say trash at work.

Unfortunately yes. Hundreds of books are sent to the show every week. Trade paperbacks and hardcovers are usually saved up and put out for the staff to take. Galleys, on the other hand, usually end up in the recycling or trash. I do my best to pull them out, but i can't be dumpster diving all day instead of working. Occasionally I find something to keep for my collection like the Gunslinger one. Somewhere I have some recent ones from Terry Pratchett, Ray Bradbury and Kurt Vonnegut.

Country
    Country Flag

You know, that's something I never realized but it makes complete sense that books/proofs are sent to persons working in the television industry as well!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Galleys, on the other hand, usually end up in the recycling or trash.
    <Fainting!>

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Dave, I hate to think of what has gone into oblivion there where you work. Good for you for pulling out the stuff that interests you!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The only other King related thing I got out of the trash at work was a wooden crate that the screeners came in for the 2004 Salem's Lot miniseries. If my friend steve still has it, I get a picture of it if people are interested.

I will also do my best to screen the galleys and ARCs better at work. You have no idea how much promotional stuff gets sent in.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

It's always the way...an organization that doesn't really care or have the time gets dozens and dozens of everything in people's hopes they can get some free publicity...while a site like TDT, which would actually care, but can offer only little publicity, doesn't get anything....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I think I want to change careers and be a sanitation engineer with a TV network dumpster on my route!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just curious, but has anyone noticed that the book is not signed "Stephen King" but "Steve King" instead. Seriously, I would believe this would add even more to the value of the book. First because it is authenticatable, second because it's inscribed to a celebrity who has a connection to King (he was an introducer at An Evening with Harry, Carrie, and Garp back in 2006 at Radio City Music Hall), and third because it's signed "Steve King" which we all know is something king only does for those he considers good friends. I'd say $400 - $450 isn't unreasonable even in today's market.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Yeah, $400-$450 sounds right to me.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Just speaking of adding a book to MY collection: I don't think the inscription to a B list celebrity who has little connection to the actual book itself adds much of a "wow factor", IMO. Given the choice between two equally priced books, one inscribed to John Stewart and the other simply signed without inscription, I would buy the latter. I do like the fact that O'Nan has also signed the book, though. Just my two cents worth regarding books I would consider purchasing for myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 388 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 ... LastLast