Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: peripheral

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic additions! I need to add some finer copies of Lovecraft's works to my collection someday too. I also love the book shelves.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Fantastic additions! I need to add some finer copies of Lovecraft's works to my collection someday too. I also love the book shelves.
    Thanks Dan. Yeah, I've get very interested in Lovecraft's Arkham issues recently, they're very nice collectible editions.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't collect Arkham specifically but I know some people here did. There are some mightly expensive Arkham titles out there...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And with these two books (thanks to a generous member here), I have completed my Stephen King UK 1st Editions. (I'm still astounded at how difficult it has been for me to get these two books in 1st edition).

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    And with these two books (thanks to a generous member here), I have completed my Stephen King UK 1st Editions. (I'm still astounded at how difficult it has been for me to get these two books in 1st edition).

BOOSH! Congrats on the milestone broham

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers brother! Now I can rest easy... hahaa

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats! I know those two aren't easy to find.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    (tell me about it...)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers Paul, and I know! I was very happy to replace my place-holders...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Peri!
    Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    (tell me about it...)
    Hahaaa... You did reeeallll good Simon. Reealll good.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Very cool Lovecraft stuff!
    Cheers Brian...

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Thats some cool shit right there! Looks to be in phenomenal condition as well. #drool
    Yeah man, condition is VG++ NF on all of it. Paper is yellowed but no foxing on any. Some tape repairs on a DJ, but took me a long time to notice where the seller meant.

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Nice Lovecrafts! I collect him as well!
    Cheers Dez, have you got a focus with collecting him? Firsts? Limiteds? I'm interested in finding out about some of his limiteds, but there doesn't seem to be many that I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    nice stuff!
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Great stuff! The odd print runs always make me chuckle a bit do you also collect other Arkham House titles?
    Yeah, strange isn't it? I haven't collected any other Arkham yet but starting on Lovecraft has opened me up to this publisher. I've noticed some authors that I like that are published there, such as Robert Bloch and Clark Ashton Smith. Starting on this collecting road opens up a whole new world of financial pain. Do you collect Arkham, Michael?
    I know I have several Arkhams, but I can't remember what else. Have to let you know in January - I put away those and my Poes to make room for holiday decorations!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS !!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah sweet pal! You got The Sphere Waste Lands!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    CONGRATS !!!
    Cheers Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Ah sweet pal! You got The Sphere Waste Lands!!!!
    I know, finally! Cheers man, and thanks for your own help in searching for this elusive bugger.

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some signed King I've been lucky to grab over the past 3 months or so...

EoW 1st / 1st (Thanks to Chad - cit74)

Hearts

Different Seasons 1st / 1st US

And here are my favourites: A US Dance Macabre and UK Firestarter, both inscribed to King's daughter Naomi's school teacher. (Thanks to Bob - carlosdetweiler - for his help and advice regarding these, some month back, before he unfortunately left these parts).

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Love 'em. Congrats.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new signed editions, Antoni. I think that's probably the only UK Firestarter I've seen signed.
    Have a Happy Birthday!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new books, big congrats Antoni !!!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Kickass, those are awesome. Very cool, brotha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Stunning signed copies my friend!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Peri!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Love 'em. Congrats.
    Cheers Paul...

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Great new signed editions, Antoni. I think that's probably the only UK Firestarter I've seen signed.
    Have a Happy Birthday!
    Thanks Jon, yes, me too. And thanks for the birthday wishes - 41 now, but I heard it's the new 31

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Supernice new books, big congrats Antoni !!!
    Cheers Frank

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Kickass, those are awesome. Very cool, brotha!
    Thank you dude, knew you'd like these inscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Stunning signed copies my friend!
    Thanks Dan

Very nice, Peri!
    Cheers Brian

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Boom! Great additions pal. Nice to hear Bob helped out in you obtaining them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Boom! Great additions pal. Nice to hear Bob helped out in you obtaining them.
    Cheers Jimi. Yes, I asked him a few questions about those two inscribed books and he took an interest and was a great help... Bob, if you're reading - thanks!

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some more H.P. Lovecraft Arkham House 1sts editions that I've acquired over the past few months.

Collected Poems. Published in 1963 in an edition of 2,013 copies. A "best of" Lovecraft poetry.

The Lurker At The Threshold. A novel by August Derleth apparently based upon fragments of Lovecraft's work he died before completing. Published in 1945 in an edition of 3,041.

The Dark Brotherhood and Other Pieces. A collection of stories, poems and essays by Lovecraft and other "weird fiction" contemporaries. Published in 1966, 3,460 copies.

Marginalia. This was the third collection of Lovecraft's work published by Arkham House. Published in 1944, it's not easy to find fine copies of this book and this copy is close to fine. 2,035 copies printed.

And finally, 3 Tales of Horror. This is basically a "Limited Artist Edition" of 1,522 copies, published in 1967 and illustrated by Lee Brown Coyne. It contains the stories Colour Out Of Space, The Dunwich Horror, and The Thing On The Doorstep. This copy is in gorgeous condition and also came with an original correspondence by August Derleth (directly signed) to the artist, explaining his dissatisfaction with the artist's portrait of Lovecraft.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast