Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to five

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Public Enemy - Fight the Power

9 56.25%
  • Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!)

12 75.00%
  • Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever

8 50.00%
  • Biz Markie - Just a Friend

9 56.25%
  • Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

13 81.25%
  • Berlin - Take My Breath Away

8 50.00%
  • Oingo Boingo - Weird Science

5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great Music - Round 1: 1985-1989 (Group 12 of 16)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Great Music - Round 1: 1985-1989 (Group 12 of 16)

During the first round of The Great Music Tournament, please vote for up to five tracks you would like to move onto the next round. The top five tracks will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given track receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

Public Enemy - Fight the Power (1989)

Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) (1986)

Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever (1986)

Biz Markie - Just a Friend (1989)

Guns N' Roses - Paradise City (1987)

Berlin - Take My Breath Away (1986)

Oingo Boingo - Weird Science (1985)

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Once again Queen bringing up the rear.... Great song, written by Brian may

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's probably my favorite Queen song. Or tied with Show Must Go On. It would be crazy if it didn't make it.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is Queen just not popular anymore??? Times have changed I think!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Just a Friend is still fun to listen to really loud.

Country
    Country Flag

It's still very early and all seven noms are pretty close. Another one I'd love to get more love is "Weird Science", a quintessential mid-'80s sound.

Country
    Country Flag

"Who Wants to Live Forever" should be in the lead, not sixth

Country
    Country Flag

About 24 hours to go and this could use a few more votes.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Every heterosexual male on Earth can relate to Just A Friend

Youuu
    You got what I neeeeeeed
    But you say he's just a friend
    but you say he's just a friend

Country
    Country Flag

Queen is just a vote away from tying for fifth

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Queen is just a vote away from tying for fifth
    Just sorted that out for you.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know, there's something to be said for just voting for who you like rather than treating these votes as an eBay auction to snipe at the last second. It seems like all your votes these past couple of weeks come in with just hours left in the poll, with the only intent to manipulate the results. Don't you have opinions that don't depend on how others have voted before you? Personally, I never look at the votes so far when making my selection. My opinion is my opinion and won't change regardless of whether I vote on the first day or the last.

(Or at least don't be so smug about it every time you come in to "sort out" the polling results).

Sorry for being cranky--I just needed to get that off my chest. Carry on.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following tracks are moving on to the next round:
    • Guns N' Roses - Paradise City (1987) 81.25%
    • Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party!) (1986) 75.00%
    • Biz Markie - Just a Friend (1989) 56.25%
    • Public Enemy - Fight the Power (1989) 56.25%

And the following is eliminated:
    • Oingo Boingo - Weird Science (1985) 31.25%

And these will go through a tiebreaker poll for the final spot to move on:
    • Berlin - Take My Breath Away (1986) 50.00%
    • Queen - Who Wants to Live Forever (1986) 50.00%

+ Reply to Thread