Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1921

Thread: Dark Tower Tattoos

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

very nice!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Along the Path of the Beam Regulus1010 will become famous soon enough Regulus1010 will become famous soon enough

Thanks so much! I was talking with my tattoo artist and I think I might end up taking this below my lower back onto my ass and make it like a half body suit. The bottom part will tentatively be a stylized version of the golgotha underneath the Cyclopean Mountains in The Gunslinger where Roland holds Palaver with Marten/Walter. I love the idea of the roses representing life/creation/existence and below that, having death in the form of bones and decay as stark contrast (starkblast? ha!) - I might even include a seated Marten/Walter with his tarot cards ("Death, but not for you, Gunslinger) . I was also thinking of putting Cuthbert's rook's skull, Lookout, as part of the piece as well. I've reconnected with Wizard and Glass recently and have found it so much more enjoyable the second time around after knowing the full story, reading the comics (mostly disappointing) and re-immersing myself back into the series. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Thanks again!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting ideas. I'm not going to comment because this is strictly your piece however I do like the thought(s) given and I certainly like what the artist is doing. Maybe you could let us know who is doing your work?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus1010 View Post
    Thanks so much! I was talking with my tattoo artist and I think I might end up taking this below my lower back onto my ass and make it like a half body suit. The bottom part will tentatively be a stylized version of the golgotha underneath the Cyclopean Mountains in The Gunslinger where Roland holds Palaver with Marten/Walter. I love the idea of the roses representing life/creation/existence and below that, having death in the form of bones and decay as stark contrast (starkblast? ha!) - I might even include a seated Marten/Walter with his tarot cards ("Death, but not for you, Gunslinger) . I was also thinking of putting Cuthbert's rook's skull, Lookout, as part of the piece as well. I've reconnected with Wizard and Glass recently and have found it so much more enjoyable the second time around after knowing the full story, reading the comics (mostly disappointing) and re-immersing myself back into the series. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

Thanks again!

Along the Path of the Beam Regulus1010 will become famous soon enough Regulus1010 will become famous soon enough

Absolutely. His name is Jake Anderson and he works out of Divine Machine Tattoo in Buffalo, NY! Also, I welcome the comments as I did ask for thoughts and ideas. So, please feel free to share your khef

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some day, you will regret that!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL! Do not regret following your passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I don't think I shall regret it because literature is eternal. A good tale never dies...not like I got "Go Yankees" tattooed on my back

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Welcome to the site!

Very very nice work by your tattoo artist! The sheer amount of skin you'll be covering is a huge commitment, and a tribute to your admiration of TDT!

I don't think I shall regret it because literature is eternal. A good tale never dies...not like I got "Go Yankees" tattooed on my back
    I dont think Merlin was questioning your choice of tattoo theme, but the choice of so much ink.
    I'm guessing you're young, and havent really experienced the changes a human's skin goes through with the aging process.
    Skin sags.
    Sad, but true, and sometimes rather scary-looking.
    And not just among the really ancient...just getting out of your youth will alter the canvas you're inking up.

I say that you're incredibly brave to choose such a tattoo, and your choices to honor TDT are excellent! (I especially like David the hawk)
    Merlin will have his own opinion, Im sure. You'll get used to that.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Welcome to the site!

Very very nice work by your tattoo artist! The sheer amount of skin you'll be covering is a huge commitment, and a tribute to your admiration of TDT!

I dont think Merlin was questioning your choice of tattoo theme, but the choice of so much ink.
    I'm guessing you're young, and havent really experienced the changes a human's skin goes through with the aging process.
    Skin sags.
    Sad, but true, and sometimes rather scary-looking.
    And not just among the really ancient...just getting out of your youth will alter the canvas you're inking up.

I say that you're incredibly brave to choose such a tattoo, and your choices to honor TDT are excellent! (I especially like David the hawk)
    Merlin will have his own opinion, Im sure. You'll get used to that.
    "merlin" no longer has an opinion. Do what you will, but as mi' lady has said "time will grow regrets". Enjoy, for now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Did I say time will grow regrets?
    I thought I had simply pointed out the eventual effects of gravity over time on people's skin.

John F. Kennedy Jane19 will become famous soon enough Jane19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

20 Hours in so far, probably at least 30-40 left. Will be my entire back when it's done; rendered in a very realistic style mostly in grays and blacks but will have muted color eventually. Currently in: Tower, David, Zoltan, the roses (will blend and fade into the fields of Can-Ka No Rey). Gunslinger will encapsulate and loom over top, as existing tattoos will be in his torso and fade upward into the clouds and 6 beams. 5 smaller pieces will be atop Roland: gun and keyhole at the base of my neck, eye of the crimson king, sigul of the eld, symbol for "unfound" and of course, the symbol for Ka.
    I really love it!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...btw Regulus, LOVE the work so far and the ideas of what is to come!

Thanks to all for your comments! Even the ones about how I'm gonna be saggy in 50 years I'm having more work done on it this Friday, and I'll post more pics then.

Only got in 4 hours this time, but the roses along the bottom are almost done - the leaves need to go in, but here are more pictures as promised!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great. Does that area of the body get tender fairly quickly?

Oh yeah, it does. Especially when it hits the lower back on the spine, as well as the love handles on the sides. The tower on my spine hurt less! It also stays sore for a day or two longer than the other areas on me have thus far.

Traveler stumbledown is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

just got this one a few days ago. http://instagram.com/p/fYDgTkjptZ/

Traveler stumbledown is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

just got this one a few days ago. http://instagram.com/p/fYDgTkjptZ/

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought the sides would get tender fairly quickly. Thanks for the reply and please keep us updated. There are a few folks on here that actively post and love tattoos but I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people who only lurk but love tattoos just as much.

Oh yeah, it does. Especially when it hits the lower back on the spine, as well as the love handles on the sides. The tower on my spine hurt less! It also stays sore for a day or two longer than the other areas on me have thus far.

I definitely will! Saturday, 10/26 is my next session and the empty space on my back above the roses and below the tower is going to to get filled in, and Jake (Ka had to have played a part in that being the name of my artist) says that he wants to get the outline of the Gunslinger in at least as well. I'm really looking forward to it because it's going to pull everything together better, and the bottom half of my back will be mostly done aside from the color (to come much later). The roses will fade upwards into smaller roses, eventually reaching the stairs to the Dark Tower.

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your crack tattoo!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL! I'm certainly looking forward to seeing more of your tattoo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Definitely looking forward to seeing more of your crack tattoo!

Lol. Sorry about the ass crack. Maybe I shouldn't post what I get when this is all done and I extend it all the way down and get my ass tattoed...?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If you're comfortable with it I would post away.

Lol. Sorry about the ass crack. Maybe I shouldn't post what I get when this is all done and I extend it all the way down and get my ass tattoed...?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast