Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3934

Thread: LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Another thing I noticed was the weird parallel between Fake Locke and sideways reality Real Locke - both at one point said, "You can't tell me what I can't do!"
    "You can't tell me what to do" has been one of Locke's battle cries from the very beginning. I think MiB has inherited some of Locke, whether he wanted to or not. That may be important later on.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Ben as a teacher was hilarious. I LOVED seeing Locke run into Hurley and Rose. I have to say Rose and Bernard were and are two of my favorite characters on the show. I just hope we see them again on the island.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Pretty clever Bev! I didn't notice the absence of Kate and a number.

Any thoughts on who the boy is?

One last comment - loved Frank's comment about the funeral after Ben gave his little eulogy/confession!
    Yeah, Frank's a hoot. Wish we saw more of him.

As for the boy: Some version of Aaron?

Richard Alpert sure has changed in our perception, hasn't he? From the assured, cocky, mysterious stranger to one scared puppy.
    Hm.... I was thinkg a young Jacob, but Aaron might be a better choice!

Really a new Richard to say the least - then again, Richard probably knows who/what Fake Locke really is and what he is capable of (and maybe the "rules" or a subset of them, from his dealings with Jacob) and his fear was meant to let us know how dangerous Fake Locke really is! If Fake Locke is a good guy I have a hard time perceving it based on how he killed Jacob's protectors in the statue - and this made me think about Ilana getting some of Jacob's ashes. Are the ashes they are using in the Temple and the ashes that were around the cabin the remains of past Jacob like beings????
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Country
    Country Flag

I loved this new crapped his pants scared Richard. I really hope we get to find out what all these rules are they keep talking about.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I wondered that too, about the ashes. I am open to the possibility that MiB has been imprisoned unfairly, which might justify his lashing out against Jacob's protectors. We still know so little about who Jacob and MiB really are. They may be misleading us by Jacob's beatific behavior and the obvious white/black parallels.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bev those are my sentiments as well. Just when you think yhou have something figured out they throw you a curve ball!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Any thoughts on who the boy is?

One last comment - loved Frank's comment about the funeral after Ben gave his little eulogy/confession!

As for the boy: Some version of Aaron?

Richard Alpert sure has changed in our perception, hasn't he? From the assured, cocky, mysterious stranger to one scared puppy.
    Hm.... I was thinkg a young Jacob, but Aaron might be a better choice!

Really a new Richard to say the least - then again, Richard probably knows who/what Fake Locke really is and what he is capable of (and maybe the "rules" or a subset of them, from his dealings with Jacob) and his fear was meant to let us know how dangerous Fake Locke really is! If Fake Locke is a good guy I have a hard time perceving it based on how he killed Jacob's protectors in the statue - and this made me think about Ilana getting some of Jacob's ashes. Are the ashes they are using in the Temple and the ashes that were around the cabin the remains of past Jacob like beings????
    The first thing I said to Mr. Woofer when the kid appeared was "Aaron is the new Jacob" as only half a joke. I think that very well might be where we're going.

On that note, is Sun's and Jin's baby tagged for the new Esau? Very interesting thoughts on that.

Btw, what did Frank say? I missed because DH and I were OMGing at Ben's admission.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roehcai View Post
    It wasn't really an explaination of the numbers, as much as it was a 'tie in'.
    100% agree. More explanation of the numbers is later down the road in this season, according to Darlton.

BTW, I really like your idea, Ricky, about there being two 'smoke-monsters'. Perhaps the 'pilliar of smoke' form is an ability both entities have. That would explain what you mentioned about Locke, as well as a few other things. For example, when one of the others (can't recall who) refered to the smoke-monster as sort-of a 'security system'. That would be true if they were talking about a Jacob-smokey, keeping the island secure from 'MiB'-smokey from leaving, as well as a few other things.
    Yeah, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I wonder if we'll get an answer on this later on.

Neither did I. I guess I just sort of automatically assumed she was a number, being that she's a main character. Nice find, Bev.

Overall, I really liked this episode and thought it was pretty strong as a whole. It's hard to have a bad Locke episode though. I thought it was nice to get away from the Temple for a little bit (anyone else tired of seeing it?) and getting to see all the locations and everyone come together.

A couple highlights from The Substitute:

- Seeing the island from Smokey's viewpoint (thought it was corny at first, but it grew on me)
    - Locke's funeral and Ben's "confession"
    - Flocke saying, "Don't tell me what I can't do!"
    - Ilana crying, showing that the situation obviously upset her (maybe she knows something else we don't know)
    - alt-Locke's interaction with Hurley, Rose, and Ben. Ben as a history teacher totally fits.
    - Seeing normal Locke in the alt-timeline. I still feel sorry for him no matter what "when" we are.
    - Richard completely terrified and powerless
    - The numbers corresponding with names on MIB's ceiling!!! Can't wait to find out more about this.

Lots to digest from this episode and looking forward to discussing.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Kate not having a number is a little wierd especially since they went to pains to show that Jacob touching them made them a candidate. Also, it doesn't quite jibe with Sun not TT'ing with the losties. I had thought maybe that Sun didn't TT because Jinn was "42" and not her but Jacob touched them both and it seems pretty clear that they want us to believe that Jacob's touch makes you a candidate. However, seems like they are also revealing that the "loop-hole" involved getting a candidate's spot or something. I get the feeling that Smokey had to assume one of the "touched" folks' ID in order to get to Jacob (that plus maybe the leader).

The only thing I can figure at this point (if you can ever figure anything on this show! LOL) is maybe Jacob already knew that Locke wasn't going to make it because he already had sniffed out Smocke's plan, so he kept Sun or kate in reserve. I don't know it just doesn't add up at this point he touched 8:

Jack-Sawyer-Kate-Locke-Hugo-Sun-Jin-Sayid

and there's six numbers left (which may be a key. Notice there were other names and numbers crossed out. Presumably candidates that didn't make the grade) and even if you assume he accounted for Locke's demise that still leaves 1 left out. Perhaps, MIB is gonna get his for breaking the rules and will need a replacement on the island and that's what Sayid is for (that sorta makes sense)

Remember, Darlton has said that smokey was a man first, just like Smocke said and, THEN became the monster/Locke (which he is now stuck as according to Ilana). So logically we can assume from 6.04 that Jacob was also a man at some point.

So that would leave Sayid's number open for Kate to fill and Sun for Locke.

Does any of that make sense? At this point I doubt it LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, something just occurred to me. What if all these thousands of years (or whatever) Jacob has been charged (by some higher God) with being able to find a worthy replacement on the island before he could "move on"? Maybe Jacob and MIB were both charged with this task hence MIB's attitude in the s5 finale (cause he sees no worthy candidate ever emerging hence he would be trapped on the island for eternity). Maybe Jacob's "numbers" were in the thousands at some point in the past and now he's down to the last 6 candidates to replace him and must find one in order for humanity to continue on? MIB could very well be at the "screw it" point hence his "I wanna go home" routine.

yeah, that has some merit IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No -- I don't think this is a mess-up. I think it was deliberate. Kate wasn't on Jacob's list we were told in an earlier episode. Jacob told Kate not to steal any more when he rescued her from the store--and she disobeyed.
    Actually, there were TWO absences from the list, Kate, and whichever Kwon wasn't listed, Sun or Jin. If your theory about disobedience is right, it would be whichever Kwon, in Jacob's opinion, disobeyed him. He told them "Never take your love for granted", or something like that.

Jin might be seen to have disobeyed by getting involved in more and more nefarious things with Sun's father and thus neglecting her, (although, it can be argued, as Jin has stated, that "I do all this for US."), and Sun can be seen to have disobeyed by cheating on Jin and planning to leave him.

Country
    Country Flag

There are rumors that there may be a Frank centric episode towards the end of the series, remember, he was mentioned by Ilana as "a candidate" also, although there's no way to know if he's a candidate for the same thing that the people on the cave list are.

I still think The Man In Black may have crossed off Locke's name off prematurely, I just can't believe we've seen the last of him.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing Richard beat up and tossed into a sack is kind of weird.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay here's my latest thought going back to the backgammon game. There is some war/game going on between Smokey/jacob or good/evil. Jacob continuously kept bringing people to the island that fit certain roles in order to figure out a way to "win the game". He keeps searching and looking and crossing off names and hopes he finds one. This would explain how Claire is the new Rosseau. Maybe there are other similarities with the people that were brought to the island from the time before - this would seem to fall in line with DT ideas...trying over and over again until you get the right combination.

I don't know if this really checks out at all or who may be doing the playing on what side, but it is just a quick idea to go along with a bunch of the other theories out there!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Along the Path of the Beam Roehcai is on a distinguished road Roehcai's Avatar

Don't forget all the crossed off people. Kate and the other kwon could both have very well been on the cave list (under other numbers), but crossed off. Heck, Sharon, Boon, Charlie, Claire, Bernard, Michael, etc.. (Vincent?!) are probably all there, but crossed off for some reason.

(Speaking of Vincent, where is he?)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Seeing Richard beat up and tossed into a sack is kind of weird.
    he was surprisingly pathetic for a dude who is, ya know, immortal!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice jos is on a distinguished road jos's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(Speaking of Vincent, where is he?)
    Vincent is with Rose and Bernard, right? Or do you mean in the other (new) reality?

Traveler maverick1012 is on a distinguished road maverick1012's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default wow!

Lost lovers and DT lovers?!

i have just found my newest distraction from work, thanks guys!!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

You should also check out the lost/DT connections thread if you like this one.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

where's that thread? I haven't seen it yet or I keep missing it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    It's in this forum, the title should be pretty direct.

Country
    Country Flag

Did I mention that "The Substitute" was probably the best episode in a few years, with the possible exeption of "Lafleur"?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    It's in this forum, the title should be pretty direct.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ad.php?t=10110

There ya go, Tatts!

Spencer, I agree. Tuesday's episode was certainly a good one.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I really, really enjoyed that!

With the numbers and names on the ceiling, the numbers - whatever their true meaning may be - also corresponded to the seat numbers people had on the plane (ie, Jack was 23).

I was waiting for Sawyer to ask where Kate's name was, but I guess he's past caring.

Hannah, I also thought the boy was a young Jacob. When he said, "You know the rules, you can't kill him!" I thought maybe aswell as basically calling Flocke a cheat, he was basically pointing out that Jacob will be reincarnated.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't even think Sawyer took in the whole list, he was just too pissed and focused on finding out what the hell is going on, and figuring out how play it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast