Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #6 (1970-1974)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another great song from this era I just thought of...

The O'Jays -- For the Love of Money (1973)

Awesome soul/funk with poignant lyrics too...

...people will steal from their mother; people will rob their own brother...a woman will sell her precious body for a small piece of paper...for that mean oh mean mean green...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    The Kinks - Lola (1970)

2nd

Spoiler:
    That avatar really has to go!!!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No more seconding in this thread, Bill. It's DONE and CLOSED for noms/seconds. But feel free to post a song that got missed. For example, just for Mattrick:

The Guess Who -- No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature (1970)

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a good one we missed.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

Joni Mitchell -- Big Yellow Taxi (1970)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Here's a good one we missed.

They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...

Joni Mitchell -- Big Yellow Taxi (1970)
    I nominated it. It's #38 on the to be seconded list.

Country
    Country Flag

Well damn. I missed it!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The Kinks - Lola (1970)

2nd

Spoiler:
    No more seconding in this thread, Bill. It's DONE and CLOSED for noms/seconds. But feel free to post a song that got missed. For example, just for Mattrick:

We need a meeting of the minds. "Lola" needs to be nominated and seconded. Anyone want to offer a switch?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Kinks - Lola (1970)

2nd

Spoiler:

We need a meeting of the minds. "Lola" needs to be nominated and seconded. Anyone want to offer a switch? Do we really need "Gypsy's, Tramps and Thieves" for instance?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Well damn. I missed it!
    I voted through 'Help Me' (pablo's pick) which I love, but Big Yellow Taxi is a more important song.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

We need a meeting of the minds. "Lola" needs to be nominated and seconded. Anyone want to offer a switch?
    If it makes you feel better, I'll probably nominate this next round:

Yoda
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

See, Bill? There's always a way.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I'll probably nominate this next round:

Yoda
    See, Bill? There's always a way.

LOL Okay, make fun of me, but it is an iconic song and should be included!!! How many "Transvestite" songs are there? LOL LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate:

"A bag of "goodies" and a bottle of wine
    We're gonna get it on right tonight"

The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight (The New Mother Nature) (1970)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Kinks - Lola (1970)

2nd

Spoiler:
    The new one????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread is also done for seconding, but keep posting other songs from this time period!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here are some stats:

Nominations by year:
    • 1970: 22 (19.64%)
    • 1971: 30 (26.78%)
    • 1972: 20 (17.86%)
    • 1973: 24 (21.43%)
    • 1974: 16 (14.29%)

Most nominations by artist:

• Elton John
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • The Doors

• Led Zeppelin

• David Bowie
    • Deep Purple
    • John Denver
    • John Lennon
    • Pink Floyd

• Bill Withers
    • Black Sabbath
    • Bob Marley and The Wailers
    • Harry Nilsson
    • Simon and Garfunkel
    • Stevie Wonder
    • The Carpenters
    • The Hollies
    • The Rolling Stones
    • The Temptations
    • The Who

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Kinks - Lola (1970)

2nd

Spoiler:
    The new one????

Much better!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

A pretty amazing and funky track from South Africa:

Letta Mbulu - Mahlalela (1970)

Country
    Country Flag

It looks like one Doobie Brothers song made it through. I'm not a huge Doobie Brothers fan, but this is my favorite from them:

Without love, where would you be now?

The Doobie Brothers -- Long Train Runnin' (1973)

GREAT harmonica!

From the movie Nashville:

Ronee Blakley - Dues (1972)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Missed these guys somewhere......

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did we really miss this one?

Golden Earring - Radar Love

Spoiler:

Of course, I may be wrong, I hope!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

It's #55 on the seconded list, good to go.

Country
    Country Flag

But we did miss this one:

Andy Williams - (Where Do I Begin) Love Story (1971)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast