Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #6 (1970-1974)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The Who - Baba O'Riley (1971)
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nilsson -- Coconut (1972)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein (1972)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    FREE BIRD!!!!!!

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird- (1973)

I'll second if it hasn't been yet.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein (1972)
    And I'll second this, as it was on my short list of upcoming nominations.

Country
    Country Flag

Short list? I bet we could come up with hundreds of titles, but I'm trying to stick to the cream of the crop. Which is hard... but fun!

Country
    Country Flag

It's a rolling short-list LOL. Like, the next 5 I want to see nominated. When those are done (either by me or someone else), then I think of 5 more. I have to wait out timing bottlenecks, so this method keeps me in the game, so to speak, until I can post again.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
    Nonsense words but beautiful, seconded

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nillson - Without You (1972)

Country
    Country Flag

The Hollies -- Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress) (1972)

Country
    Country Flag

Yes - Roundabout (1971)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The Hollies -- Long Cool Woman (in a Black Dress) (1972)

2nd

BTW, I don't see what the issue is with "Live" video's. Most of these songs don't have "moving" video's and the video is only to re-familiarize folks with the track. What's the big deal?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I think it's b/c a live version can be very VERY different from the version that charted. People have in mind "oh, I know that song" and then hear a live version and think WTF?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    BTW, I don't see what the issue is with "Live" video's. Most of these songs don't have "moving" video's and the video is only to re-familiarize folks with the track. What's the big deal?
    That's precisely the reason. The videos are there to either refresh your memory of the song or to listen to it for the first time. It has to be the studio version, unless a specific published live version is being nominated. The only one off the top of my head I can think of is the live cover of "Because the Night" by 10,000 Maniacs.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's b/c a live version can be very VERY different from the version that charted. People have in mind "oh, I know that song" and then hear a live version and think WTF?
    Respectfully, that doesn't seem right to me. How often is a "Live" version very different from the studio? Longer, yes different, no. However, what ever.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Think of it as creating the ultimate playlist from your CDs. (Remember those?)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Think of it as creating the ultimate playlist from your CDs. (Remember those?)
    Why, yes I have over 500 CD's and just to be a stinker, a shitload of them are "Live" albums!!! LOL LOL LOL

Seriously, I always felt "live" versions were better in most cases, than the studio version. Longer and more creative. That's why my music collection has an inordinate amount of "Live" albums.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
    Nonsense words but beautiful, seconded
    If you liked that, check out the other two Elton John songs currently waiting to be seconded...

Elton John, was at his absolute best during the early 70's!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Classic James Bond....

Shirley Bassey - Diamonds Are Forever (1971)

Country
    Country Flag

Simon and Garfunkel - Cecilia (1970)
    Seconded for sure.

Country
    Country Flag

Karen Carpenter had one of the most beautiful voices ever. Our list needs several Carpenters songs. Here's one:

The Carpenters -- Top of the World (1973)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guys, I'm afraid I (though still technically a moderator) am still not fit to keep to the rules or even read them, or read the whole thread through. So I apologize in advance if I do it all wrong, because will have to do it in this one single post, hoping and praying it will be counted in

Bears second:

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun (1970)
    Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song (1970)
    Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen the Rain (1970)
    David Bowie - Life on Mars (1971)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, you can only second one nomination at a time, so pick your top one.

Here are the rules in a nutshell: for threads #1-2 you can nominate and second if someone else has made one nomination or seconding, and for threads #3-14 you can nominate or second once two other people have made their nominations and seconds. This obviously doesn't apply to the very beginning of a thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Chicago - Saturday in the Park (1971)

Country
    Country Flag

Simon and Garfunkel - Cecilia (1970)
    Seconded for sure.
    Awesome!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast