Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #5 (1965-1969)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dixie Cups - Iko Iko (1965)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that 100 songs have been seconded, there are only 12 slots left for this time period. Please consider the following 3 songs for seconding before it's too late....

This is one of The Beatles finest songs. It reached #1 in ten countries including both the US and UK and is currently ranked #29 within Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-500-greatest-songs-of-all-time-20110407/the-beatles-help-20110525

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The Beatles - Help! (1968)

This song is so important, it defined a whole movement....

John Lennon - Give Peace A Chance (1969)

A killer tune used in a killer movie....

"Now go home and get your fucking shine box!"

Donovan - Atlantis (1968)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, Help! is on my IPod so...seconded.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Now that 100 songs have been seconded, there are only 12 slots left for this time period. Please consider the following 3 songs for seconding before it's too late....

This is one of The Beatles finest songs. It reached #1 in ten countries including both the US and UK and is currently ranked #29 within Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-500-greatest-songs-of-all-time-20110407/the-beatles-help-20110525

The Beatles - Help! (1968)

This song is so important, it defined a whole movement....

John Lennon - Give Peace A Chance (1969)

A killer tune used in a killer movie....

"Now go home and get your fucking shine box!"

Donovan - Atlantis (1968)
    Give Peace a Chance SECONDED

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I've got about 6 really good ones lined up...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (1966)

More meaningful today than ever.
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    The Fireballs -- Bottle of Wine (1967)

Need more Stones!

The Rolling Stones -- Mother's Little Helper (1966)
    One of the best opening hooks ever...

...and so bouncy!

Count Five -- Psychotic Reaction (1965)
    Someone please second at least one of these so I can vote for it later.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Someone please second at least one of these so I can vote for it later.

Need more Stones!
    The Rolling Stones -- Mother's Little Helper (1966)
    Okay. Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

This needs to go through....

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (1966)

Isaac Hayes - Walk On By (1969)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This needs to go through....

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (1966)
    The Beach Boys: what talent; what a sound. This is not one of my favs from them, but certainly worth going through, as you say. Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Leonard Cohen - Bird on the Wire (1969)

Country
    Country Flag

The Yardbirds -- For Your Love (1965)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour (1968)

Jimi Hendrix - Little Wing (1967)

Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour (1968)
    SECOND

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

the grass roots - lets live for today (1967)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Sorry I'm on a tablet. I don't think the video worked.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

It didn't.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Yardbirds - Train Kept A-Rollin' (1965)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

It didn't.
    Fixed?

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (1969)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love (1969)
    Seconded
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

How did this still stay un-nominated:

Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends (1968)

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    How did this still stay un-nominated:

Joe Cocker - With a Little Help from My Friends (1968)
    GOOD CALL!
    Seconded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast