Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Lovely to see Jeff.
    Containing the two specifics you need.
    Rarity and condition.
    Beautiful items, congratulations.
    Thank you, Alec! Finding rare items in fine condition and enjoying the experience is what is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Love 'em both, especially that BLOCKADE BILLY. No wait, I like the FDNS better...No, wait...
    Thanks for the comments! I'm not sure which I like better either because I have been searching for both for a while, but I think I'm going to have to go with the White cover Blockade Billy because they are so rarely available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Jeff!
    Much appreciated, Brian!

A couple of other bound manuscripts which are very hard to find also arrived this week. I have been surprised that so many rare proofs and manuscripts have remained available for sale for such an extended period. I realize that they are an acquired taste and rarely signed by King, but they are one of my favorite parts of collecting King because of their scarcity, fragility and variety. Plus, like all collectors, it's also about the thrill of the hunt. I also enjoy browsing through the old collection threads and seeing if I can track a particular copies ownership history. The ones below look like they started out in Olverts collection, moved to MP, and now to me where they will hopefully reside for a good while.

Storm of the Century Bound Manuscript with CaseTGWLTG Bound Manuscript with Case

You really are a diverse collector. Love it man. Always something different from the next. Good show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how some of this stuff is discovered. It's fun watching new pick ups.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just be sure those pick-ups are germ free.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Those manuscripts are great! Congratulations!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING !!!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And the hits just keep ooooooonnnn comin! Great stuff, Jeff..

Do you get them bound, or buy them bound? They look magnificent.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You really are a diverse collector. Love it man. Always something different from the next. Good show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Kris! There is so much variety in King collectibles that it is hard to keep my interests focused. Primarily, I focus on S/L's, Lettered editions, and Proofs/Manuscripts.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    I don't know how some of this stuff is discovered. It's fun watching new pick ups.
    Thanks for the comment. Usually, by obsessively checking the typical sources and the generosity/kindness of other members from the darktower.org

Just be sure those pick-ups are germ free.
    I always enjoy your wit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Those manuscripts are great! Congratulations!
    I appreciate it. They rarely come up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    AMAZING !!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    And the hits just keep ooooooonnnn comin! Great stuff, Jeff..

Do you get them bound, or buy them bound? They look magnificent.
    Much appreciated, peri! No, these particular ones and the ones earlier in the thread which are bound come that way from the publisher and are usually pretty hard to find.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dig the cases they come in as well!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Cell Uncorrected Proof with accompanying letter

After much searching and angst over whether to drop the coin (in for a penny, in for a pound, right?), I have finally acquired one of the more difficult proofs to find. Big thanks to one of our members for working with me on this one. Here are the photos and the accompanying release letter from Scribner:

UK Cell Sampler and Charm

And, now the search continues . . .

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Wow, I'm jealous.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Boom! Nice one... “penny/pound” exactly

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG CONGRATS !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, Jeff!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I'm jealous.
    I have that feeling pretty much daily around here! Thanks for the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Boom! Nice one... “penny/pound” exactly
    When the tough ones become available, you have to bite the bullet because it may be years before you see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG BIG CONGRATS !!!
    Thanks, been looking for a while for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice one, Jeff!
    I appreciate it, Brian. Thank you!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

A fine and rare acquisition indeed, Jeff. Congratulations!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations! And I must say I love the U.K. Samplers.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just so MEGA-JEALOUS of so many of your new proofs. I only have a few of them. I have the 'Storm of the Century' with the slipcase but I have never seen a slipcase for the TGWLTG manuscript. I don't have one for mine.

Congratulations, Jeff.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    A fine and rare acquisition indeed, Jeff. Congratulations!
    If you collect proofs, it's definitely one of the holy grails. I appreciate the comment, Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congratulations! And I must say I love the U.K. Samplers.
    Many thanks, HBJ!

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm just so MEGA-JEALOUS of so many of your new proofs. I only have a few of them. I have the 'Storm of the Century' with the slipcase but I have never seen a slipcase for the TGWLTG manuscript. I don't have one for mine.

Congratulations, Jeff.
    Thanks, Jon! You know I feel the same way about your collection as well. Definitely, a mutual admiration society. Looks like there are currently fewer of us actively collecting proofs at the moment. On the positive side, it's a great opportunity to pick up some of the rarer ones when they hit the market. I'm looking forward to seeing what you post over the next few weeks!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great stuff. Proofs are the definite weakness in my collection. I only have 2 .

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Jeff. Good to see the proof collectors are still at it. There have been some good opportunities for you and Jon recently.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a big one! Congrats Jeff

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Can't believe it has been so long since I have posted to my collection thread. So, I thought it was time to update and share a few recent pickups. As always, the best source for growing my collection has been other collectors (you know who you are).

This item has been elusive to me for a long time. It is the variant cover ("proof") of Plume's "Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger," which is depicted to the right of the widely released version. Legend has it that King wanted more emphasis on the Dark Tower and less on the Gunslinger so the variant cover was never released in general circulation. In addition to the variant cover, there are also differences in the design of the spine.

Like others, I enjoy collecting manuscripts (or copies of manuscripts) and had never seen this version of the Wind Through the Keyhole previously. I know jhanic has previously posted pics of an unbound manuscript labeled "2nd draft;" however, this one is a different unbound version.

More to come once I can get pictures taken and uploaded.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Great stuff. I am up to 13 proofs now (not all King though)

Holy cowabunga! Great stuff!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast