So I'm a big fan of all the various tournaments we've held here on our great forum and as I was just driving around, listening to the '90s station on my XM Radio I heard a bunch of great songs I probably haven't heard in over a decade. That got me thinking what a wonderful tournament it would be if we could do one based around music.

I tried to think of some of the ways it could be structured, and there are many possibilities, but one way I could see it playing out would be for everyone to nominate pretty much any song or track from any genre and from any time, and these would all be collected, then sorted by decade, each decade would then get its winner, and finally we would have a round-robin with all the best songs from each decade to determine The Best Song of All Time.

I'm not yet sure how many nominees this would entail, but it would be a pretty significant tournament in theory. To make it truly all-time, I propose we include songs going back to 1945 and up to 2015. This will give us 70 years of post-WWII music, from classic tunes, to the latest hits.

What do you say, music fans? Let's rock?