Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
Any time a writer creates something, he or she has got to have an idea of where they want things to go. It might be broad and not thought out, but I'd be willing to bet Damon had an idea where he wanted to take this story from the start.
He didn't create the story, he adapted and finished it. Remember, this is an adaptation of Tom Perotta's novel who was also an Executive Producer and probably as much in the driver's seat as Lindelof (or at least not relegated to the back seat). Of course his novel answers even less questions and mainly covers stuff that occurred in season 1 not 2 and 3. Having read the original source material, it seems to me that Lindelof sure stayed very true to the adaption of Perotta's novel and also continued and ended the story in a satisfying matter, especially since the point of the whole thing is that no explanations are due anyone, life is mysterious and full of coincidence that we try to impart meaning to.
That's right, I forgot about that. It's probably the reason seasons 2 & 3 are far superior to season 1. Lindelof was able to do his own thing and expand on the source material.

Season 1 is almost unwachable at times.