Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Keep the site Ad free for 2016

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent another 20 bucks yesterday
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Good for you!!! You're a man after my own heart!!! This is a great site to be a part of and to enjoy!!!! All those who participate are to be congratulated and appreciated!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    $2,710!
    WOW. I wish I could help more RF!!!!!!! My second home is here....
    You've done more than your share in many ways and I appreciate it.
    Thanks RF Appreciate that Cheers mate!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I don't venture out of Calvin's Corner much (read: at all). Is the plea for funds to keep the site ad free going to the other areas too? We have a dedicated thread for soliciting funds in Calvin's Corner but are the other areas being hit up for donations too?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't venture out of Calvin's Corner much (read: at all). Is the plea for funds to keep the site ad free going to the other areas too? We have a dedicated thread for soliciting funds in Calvin's Corner but are the other areas being hit up for donations too?
    The banner is at the top of every section (forum) and every thread on the site.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the explanation. I was just wondering since the dedicated thread is in Calvin's Corner and most if not all of the posters who say they contributed are well-known Calvin's Corner denizens.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post

Good for you!!! You're a man after my own heart!!! This is a great site to be a part of and to enjoy!!!! All those who participate are to be congratulated and appreciated!!!
    This place has been incredible for me since it's begining. MANY forums in the last years dissapeared due to the social networks but not this one. It means it's strong and everything we can do to keep it always as great as possible is worthy.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Dropped a tenner in the bucket for good measure. This is one of the most active forums on the net these days (or at least it seems so, many have died out) and you do a great job with the upkeep and fundraising for worthy causes RF.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the explanation. I was just wondering since the dedicated thread is in Calvin's Corner and most if not all of the posters who say they contributed and well-know Calvin's Corner denizens.
    The members in CC are very kind.

The site has evolved quite a bit in the last decade. Whereas initially it was driven by the Dark Tower book series; interest and overall site traffic peaked with the publication of DTVII. When I took over the site, I knew the direction we were headed in and considered changing the name to reflect that change. The decision was made to keep TheDarkTower.org name as it seemed too iconic to give up.
    You may not have noticed, but Calvin's Corner is the first forum after the introductory section. Years ago CC was much lower on the hierarchy.

Since then, the bulk of the traffic is in Calvin's Corner and is collecting related. At any given time there are more people viewing Calvin's Corner than all the rest of the forums combined.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a result, the raffle winners will likely be Calvin Corner junkies...The way it should be!

Only a couple hundred more $$$s to ensure that all three awesome items are given away!

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    As a result, the raffle winners will likely be Calvin Corner junkies...The way it should be!

Only a couple hundred more $$$s to ensure that all three awesome items are given away!
    Make that a couple hundred more $$$s minus $20.

I don't comment on the boards a lot, but I am constantly finding useful and interesting info, so wanted to pitch in this year.

At any given time there are more people viewing Calvin's Corner than all the rest of the forums combined.
    What are those other people doing anyway? I've never really looked.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thanks for the explanation. I was just wondering since the dedicated thread is in Calvin's Corner and most if not all of the posters who say they contributed and well-know Calvin's Corner denizens.
    The members in CC are very kind.

The site has evolved quite a bit in the last decade. Whereas initially it was driven by the Dark Tower book series; interest and overall site traffic peaked with the publication of DTVII. When I took over the site, I knew the direction we were headed in and considered changing the name to reflect that change. The decision was made to keep TheDarkTower.org name as it seemed too iconic to give up.
    You may not have noticed, but Calvin's Corner is the first forum after the introductory section. Years ago CC was much lower on the hierarchy.

Since then, the bulk of the traffic is in Calvin's Corner and is collecting related. At any given time there are more people viewing Calvin's Corner than all the rest of the forums combined.
    Eons ago (nearly 15 years ago?!) when I was a young chap with very little social graces (hell, social media was a new thing...) I formed a group called STEPHEN KING COLLECTORS on Yahoo Clubs which transferred to MSN Groups after Yahoo made some changes. A lot of folks from there eventually found their way over here and I disappeared altogether after some major health issues that almost took me down. I was impressed with what I saw here and have been a lurker from the very beginning. While I still don't know a lot of you except some of the "oldies", I find myself checking in MANY times throughout the day at work and often throughout the night just in case I miss a deal or something new to salivate over. I know it isn't easy running a group this large so I thank you RF for all that you do. I wish I could give more to the fund but money is tight the rest of the week. I very much value this place, you guys, and can't thank you all enough for helping to ignite my King collecting once again after 5+ years away and starting from scratch once again. Happy holidays to everyone!
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just plopped in some more money. There aren't many sites that I spend more time on than this one!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At any given time there are more people viewing Calvin's Corner than all the rest of the forums combined.
    I also spend a majority of my time in Calvin's Corner, but I have found some other threads to participate in regarding movies and music and sports.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

..."Always keep your interests broad – don’t let your mind be stunted by a limited view.” – Nathaniel Wyeth"

..."Always keep your interests broad – don’t let your mind be stunted by a limited view.” – Nathaniel Wyeth"
    Excellent advice. Thank you and I will take it to heart.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've learned of new authors and discovered movies both old and new (but new to me) thanks to other sections. I like browsing the discussion forums for every King book too, especially the DT series. Certain members have a knack for writing in-depth movie reviews which have sold me on flicks I'd not normally go for.

Will send some money tomorrow (pay day).

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just donated. Good luck with the rest of the fundraiser! Thank you for running this site RF, and thank you AKC for donating such awesome prizes!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Current total $2,900!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Current total $2,900!

I just kicked in $50.00, Jerome.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, the goal should now have been met Happy New Year, everyone!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

You guys are awesome, I love being a part of this place!
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great news and we appreciate the support!

Exciting raffle items to follow. I am excited for the three pieces that have lived in my collection to find new homes.

Details on the raffle to follow from Flaaaaaaagg.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast