Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I love this game. Thanks for letting me know it exists.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw that we have almost exactly the same lineup Shannon, only a 1 movie difference.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good so far. Except for maze runner. I know it's only an estimate right now, but I was expecting that estimated number to be about doubled.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    By the way, I love this game. Thanks for letting me know it exists.
    No problem! I'm just glad other people wanted to play. I was figuring nobody would be interested. I'm off to a slow start, but it's fun.

This week, my strategy was that with good word of mouth, The Visit would over perform. I would have loved to pick Maze Runner, but it was just too expensive. I was also worried about Black Mass because of Depp. I wasn't sure how people were going to react to another film from him because of his recent track record. Thankfully, Black Mass is a better movie than some of his other films recently.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So yesterday my estimates were at $99million, and today they're at $77million. That's quite a big drop, lol.

Still beating Heather though woot woot!

.. until the estimates change again lol

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I guess you were right with choosing Ant Man. What film got the bonus, or do they not announce that till tomorrow?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This week's rankings. My predictions weren't that off, lol.

1) Shannon 75,844,502 PREDICTED FIRST
    2) Heather 75,675,791 PREDICTED SECOND
    3) fantagor72 55,784,503 PREDICTED THIRD
    4) Kristopher.webster 55,004,635 PREDICTED FOURTH
    5) wbender2 53,465,225 PREDICTED SEVENTH
    6) mikebaldelli 52,697,186 PREDICTED NINTH
    7) cr1msonk1ng 52,688,173 PREDICTED EIGHTH
    8 and 9 tied) sbaldelli1 and DoctorDodge 43,874,532 PREDICTED FIFTH AND SIXTH
    fernhern86 0 PREDICTED TENTH

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

After a mis-step or two I believe I am starting to get the hang of this now.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot woot! Go Bill!

What do you guys think about the movies this week?

I'm excited to take Rose to Hotel Transylvania 2 next week. She loved the first one, and I liked it as well. Not just another dumbed down movie for kids. Mucho laughable.

And I want to see Everest in IMAX, so I'll probably see it this week. As Bill said, the trailer looks fantastic, and I love the cast. This looks like it HAS to be seen in IMAX.

Maze Runner 2, Black Mask, Visit, Perfect Guy, Green Inferno, Straight Outta Compton, No Escape I'm going to *gasp* download. Although No Escape will be seen in the theater if some random chicka has a hankering for a movie, lol.

Saw Inside Out and Mission Impossible 5 in theaters. I have zero interest in seeing War Room or Captive. Well, that's not fair, I haven't even seen the trailers. To YouTube!

War Room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIl-XY9t_Lw

As an intelligent agnostic, this trailer was laughable. I was literally laughing at how silly it was. And also it seems like the wife is a lying bitch (taking money from his savings account and putting it into her checking account, for example), and we all know how I feel about that subject. Onto Captive. I like Kate Mara, so fingers crossed.

Captive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IKJFYegRJk

That looks pretty good! Didn't throw GAWD in your face, pulled at the heartstrings (as anything does to me nowadays involving parents and children). Adding this to the download pile.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

At least I'm pulling in about the same amount of money each week. A big week and I'm right in it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Everest. It's worth seeing in 3-D and IMAX. It's good but not great. I can only think what the film would have been with a lesser cast. I'm always happy to see Emly Watson work in anything.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I worked all the numbers with high estimates, with low estimates, and for me, it all comes down to three scenarios.

One, Maze Runner makes at least half of what it did last week.

Two, Green Inferno, despite being released on around 1,500 screens, does better than $4million each

Three, Hotel Transylvania 2 makes $45million, beating the all-time September weekend opening (which is Hotel Transylvania 1, at 42.5million three years ago)

Of those scenarios, I know which one seems the most likely, and that's what I'm putting all my faith in. Either going to be first or somewhere in the middle this week.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we have all have very different ideas this week, lol

I'm betting on Everest this week. I was debating between that and Green Inferno. But considering how well it did last week on only imax, I'm hoping it translates well to regular screens. Did anyone pick the Intern? I heard nothing about that one prior to seeing it pop up as a selection.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Intern will make the same as other "older generation actors in romantic comedy" movies. It's ... Complicated, for example. I think Everest will do around 20million, maybe less, and I think Maze Runner will do at least half of what it made last week (so hopefully 15million this week). That's why I bet on Maze Runner, but no one else seems to have done the same thing. I don't really look into the BONUS aspect of the game, but if I suck suck suck suck this week, you can be damn sure that's what I'll be doing next week.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm betting on Everest this week. I was debating between that and Green Inferno. But considering how well it did last week on only imax, I'm hoping it translates well to regular screens. Did anyone pick the Intern? I heard nothing about that one prior to seeing it pop up as a selection.
    That's what I'm banking on too. I'm also crossing my fingers hoping that Green Inferno surprises like horror films sometimes do and does well this weekend. Kind of a lightning in a bottle thing.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Who's awesome (by the estimated numbers, anyway)??? This guy.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Only slightly more awesome than me. I don't crunch no numbers lol

Oh man, Everest did horrible. I guess I should have went with The Intern.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Heeeeeee heeeeee!

Also, on a related note, saw Hotel 2 today, not nearly as good as the first one.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I am the model of consistency in this:

Week One - 54.7 million
    Week Two - 56.9 million
    Week Three - 52.7 million
    Week Four - 56.7 million

All I need is one massive week and I am right in it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Man, I am the model of consistency in this:

Week One - 54.7 million
    Week Two - 56.9 million
    Week Three - 52.7 million
    Week Four - 56.7 million

All I need is one massive week and I am right in it.
    I know eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just submitted my entries for this week. I'd appreciate any critique offered by the experts????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing as how I'm the only one cool enough to be considered an expert, lol, pm me your choices.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Seeing as how I'm the only one cool enough to be considered an expert, lol, pm me your choices.
    Well, that goes without saying!!! You can't see them on the site? I'll get right on it and thanks for the consultation!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast