Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Zoolander 2 was solid. It's so stupid and it revels in it. Lots of gut cackling from me at parts. A fair number of jokes miss, especially between about minutes 15 to 30, but the rest made up for it. Like first one, there was real attention to detail. If it's not the dialogue making me laugh it's expressions and outfits and jokes in the set design. What i liked too was it wasn't bogged down with inside jokes and nods to the original, they're there but well executed. I'm so glad I really liked it because if it sucked I was never going to watch a comedy sequel ever again.

Oh, and Kiefer Sutherland. When you see it, you'll know. It's all too much. He gives the movie a star by himself.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The estimates aren't including the fourth day, and when added, the ranking does NOT stay the same. Haa haa!

fantagor72: 150.3
    wbender2: 148.7
    jem and the holoshannons: 126.4
    heather10119: 122.8
    mikebaldelli: 89.4
    inglourious basterd: 84.5
    sbaldelli1: 68.9

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I DO have some game? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nah!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

If the estimates stay the same (which they won't), Bill has caught up to Matt, and I am only ten million away from Heather.

If they change a little bit ... anything is possible. Crazy week!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

All the single ladies better go see How to Be Single tonight

Shold have gone with Deadpool this week I guess. I never even considered it, probably due to my own bias, plus the high price point.

And is Panda doing that much better than HTBS?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Damn Deadpool...

I was at spot 332 last week, and now I'm all the down to around 722. I had been steadily increasing (albeit very slowly) every week. And now I've dropped a ton of spots. I also just did the math and I would have made it into the top 100

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Three things:

1) Congrats Deadpoolers! Good choice!

B) Congrats Matty on his fourth place positioning!

Six minus three) Heeeeaaaaather, I'm only eight mill awaaaaaaayyyy!

I know, my comfortable lead is gone. It could really be anyone's game. All we need is another surprise like this past week. I know I was complaining but I do like when stuff like that happens. Shakes things up a bit. The top 100 had been pretty consistent in what they were playing, this will now give other players a chance to catch up. Just wish I was on the other side of it

Shannon, why did you not switch to Deadpool after seeing the Thursday numbers? Those were pretty high. It would have given me second thought if I saw them early enough.

And congrats to fantagor on your win! And Bill for choosing Deadpool as well.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Heather! Just a lucky guess that actually panned out for once

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Aftet making all of FML hate me for my opinion on clapping at the end of movies, i appear to have won them back mere days later with my satirical topic! Words are fun!

P.s. winninh this week which probably means Im winning next week.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This is it, this is the week where I either beat Heather or lose my chance at doing so.

I did the research, and from the research, I got numbers and a lineup. Then ... I said fuck it and went with my gut.

I just hope my gut pays off.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My research pointed me to panda7race1, but my guts telling me deadpool.

Hail Mary for the win!

My gut is telling me Witch. But the estimates were so low so I only put it on one screen. Looks like a lot of people in the top 100 went all in on it though. And when I originally went to put in my lineup I put in Deadpool, then I stopped and tried to put in as many Pandas as I could and being able to fit in 7, I couldn't resist. Also since I was burned by Deadpool last week, plus my probably unreasonable hate for the film, I personally didn't want to use it. It very well might do really good this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I originally went pandawitch, then opted to go with deadpool. If deadpool makes as much as 7 pandas and one of my other films gets a bonus, ill kill it this week.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Should have gone with my original pandwich.

Omg! You guys have to go look at the league for this week. I'm number 2 and I clocked in at 8:01 so close...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It'll change! Deadpoola gonna make three hundred million today,you'll see!

It very well might, estimates always change throughout the weekend. I just can't believe that I locked in my lineup at 8:01 when it opened, and temporarily have the perfect cineplex, but someone put there's in at 8:00. That's crazy.

Number 2 for the week, that's probably the closest I'll ever come to winning something. I'm kinda bummed to be that close and miss it though.

I also saw we have a new person that's joined our league Are they a member here? Hopefully we can recruit some more members to join for this upcoming season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Something went trribly wrong with my selections this week. I had all my theaters full. Sigh
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I also saw we have a new person that's joined our league Are they a member here? Hopefully we can recruit some more members to join for this upcoming season.
    I don't know who the new person is, but the more the merrier.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, if you DID have all your screens full before the lockdown, contact FML and have them fix it. You were third place! lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Bill, if you DID have all your screens full before the lockdown, contact FML and have them fix it. You were third place! lol

I'll give it a shot. My screens are usually ready, Tues/Wed every week. Don't know what happened.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast