Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Nicksportsautographs

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

Default Book Collection: Nicksportsautographs

Since the authenticity of some of my books has come into question, I'd like to be as open as possible and share all of the signatures that have ever been for sale on my eBay page, or my website.

Please note this will take a long time to upload everything to this thread.

Here are my current items. Feel free to critique, question, buy, whatever and I will be happy to compare these signatures to others obtained by members to prove the authenticity of them.

Mr. Mercedes Obtained July 2015 SOLD:

Finders Keepers Obtained July 2015 Currently FOR SALE:

2 Finders Keepers obtained July 2015 SOLD. Sorry did not take individual pictures on these:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing.

John

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I didnt want to add to the derailing of the other thread and as the conversation has been requested to stop there, I thought it could be continued (on a hopefully more friendly level) here.

I have looked at some of your auctions, mainly I have to admit, as they have been pointed out as being suspect and to be honest I'm not in a position to judge. I have a few flatsigned books, but its not a big part of my collection. What I am more interested in is hearing about your experiences of signings. In order to have so many signed books and to operate as an actual (albeit possibly part time) business, you must spend a great deal of time tracking down King (and maybe other authors/celebrities) in order to get them.

This is a forum for sharing knowledge as well as taking it, to quote a wise man (and it may have been me that said this... ) If you take without giving, you will leave with full pockets but an empty heart" why not use your collection thread to share these experiences, maybe give some tips on how to ensure you get a book signed, what can affect Kings mood or what can initiate a conversation. All good stuff that members would like to hear.

It's up to you, but it seems to me, the core regulars have formed an opinion based on your comments/reactions so far, unfounded or not, this is your chance to show a different side to your character.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ 1 Simon.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I didnt want to add to the derailing of the other thread and as the conversation has been requested to stop there, I thought it could be continued (on a hopefully more friendly level) here.

I have looked at some of your auctions, mainly I have to admit, as they have been pointed out as being suspect and to be honest I'm not in a position to judge. I have a few flatsigned books, but its not a big part of my collection. What I am more interested in is hearing about your experiences of signings. In order to have so many signed books and to operate as an actual (albeit possibly part time) business, you must spend a great deal of time tracking down King (and maybe other authors/celebrities) in order to get them.

This is a forum for sharing knowledge as well as taking it, to quote a wise man (and it may have been me that said this... ) If you take without giving, you will leave with full pockets but an empty heart" why not use your collection thread to share these experiences, maybe give some tips on how to ensure you get a book signed, what can affect Kings mood or what can initiate a conversation. All good stuff that members would like to hear.

It's up to you, but it seems to me, the core regulars have formed an opinion based on your comments/reactions so far, unfounded or not, this is your chance to show a different side to your character.
    I'd be happy to share some experiences with King. I can't always give specifics on where/when I obtain him due to not wanting to blow up the information. If King cared as much as people think he does about selling his autograph, he would've stopped a long time ago signing at specific places. He has slowed down quite a bit from signing in Boston, but he also doesn't come down for Sox games much anymore. Whether its at a hotel, ballgame, etc the thing about King is he thinks of it as a "game." He doesn't always sign, and likes busting balls quite a bit which makes him a valuable autograph. You guys on this forum know full well he doesn't make many public appearances, and he pretty much hates doing book signing tours.

My prices are always on the high side of the market because of this. Flat signed books, especially of key titles, are not easy to find on the secondary market and obtaining them In-Person has gotten tougher and tougher over the last few years due to him not doing book signings where you can get older books signed. I'm always open to entertain serious offers, but I certainly cannot give the books away due to the time it takes to get them signed, as well as the rarity at this point of un-personalized books.

I will be updating this thread this weekend with the rest of the books I have online, and will start backtracking with books I have sold. Like I said, I encourage you to please comment, ask questions, compare signatures to other members recent sigs, etc. I am not here to make enemies, I want to show in the best possible way that I do sell authentic signatures, and want to squash any rumors or opinions otherwise.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Exactly. I don't collect signed books (and if I would they would be signed/limited editions) so I have no stake in this matter but it sounds like you attend many of the same signings as other members here, so the easiest way to build a base of trust would be to simply meet up, hang out with them and get to know each other. Many members here only buy their (flat)signed books from other members because eBay is full of fakes. Like it or not, this forum is populated by some of the largest King collectors in the world and it seems like a good thing to invest in the relationship with your potential customers rather than antagonize them.

You should look up the Cemetery Dance discussion thread for inspiration. It started out as dozens of pages of harsh complaints until Brian started posting and made amends. Nowadays everybody is all over CD.

On Writing Softcover obtained at 2015 Brooklyn NY event Currently For Sale:

The Talisman Softcover obtained at 2015 Brooklyn NY Event Currently For Sale:

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nick, do you also collect? I think we'd all love to see your collection if you do.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Nick, do you also collect? I think we'd all love to see your collection if you do.

John
    I have a few books of King currently in my collection, that are not for sale, but I primarily sell. Most of my collection consists of Presidents, Music, or Hollywood. IMO, books are tough to display to showcase the signatures.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Your right about that! I went to a lot of trouble. To get signatures, and then they sit on a shelf! But I love them and will never sell them! Even my duplicates

The Drawing of The Three Softcover 2015 Brooklyn, NY event Currently For Sale:

Insomnia Phil Hale Print Currently For Sale:

11/22/63 Softcover 2015 Brooklyn, NY

Official Major League Baseball circa 2009

Blockade Billy 1st/1st CD edition Currently For Sale:

Christine 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

Doctor Sleep 1st/1st 2013 Toronto Currently For Sale:

Drawing Of The Three Softcover 2015 Brooklyn NY Currently For Sale:

Doctor Sleep Softcover 2015 Brooklyn NY Currently For Sale:

Faithful 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

The Gunslinger 1st/1st Currently For Sale 2013 Toronto:

Insomnia 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

It 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

Needful Things 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

Pet Sematary 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

Rose Madder 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

The Talisman 1st/1st Currently For Sale:

UTD Softcover 2015 Brooklyn NY Currently For Sale:

UTD 1st/1st 2009 Sarasota FL Currently For Sale:

Wizard and Glass Softcover 2015 Brooklyn, NY Currently For Sale:

Wolves of the Calla Softcover 2015 Brooklyn, NY Currently For Sale:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since you say out right that you are primarily a seller, I've got to leap at this opportunity to solicit a signed book for next year's Haven Fund raiser, which will begin on 1/1/16 and will also go a long way towards your reputation on these boards. Take it from the old fart who got "well wishes" from over 100 individual members recently. A friend from the Haven Fund raiser is a friend indeed, right guys?

Spoiler:
    Of course, that still could just be the pain medicine talking as I am currently rehabbing and undergoing therapy!! LOL Also Nick, can we burn the "Faithful"? Can we huh? huh? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    Your signature are genuine, but I would not have any in my collection. I think King's signature is getting so bad that I would only want one on my book if he personally signed it in front of me. (I have quite a lot of books he has signed in front of me).

The Christine book pictured is a good example. It is a genuine signature, but what collector in their right mind would buy it. This book deserves a signature from the year it was issued.

In my collection, I only want signatures from the time of issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Your signature are genuine, but I would not have any in my collection. I think King's signature is getting so bad that I would only want one on my book if he personally signed it in front of me. (I have quite a lot of books he has signed in front of me).

The Christine book pictured is a good example. It is a genuine signature, but what collector in their right mind would buy it. This book deserves a signature from the year it was issued.

In my collection, I only want signatures from the time of issue.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but in general most collectors prefer un-personalized signatures, unless the personalization was made out to them. If you can find books without such personalizations in the year they were issued, that's fantastic but that would have to be a very small percentage of an already small percentage of books from that era that even exist signed.

That is all the current inventory listed, now I will take some time and backtrack to previous signatures I have sold.

On Writing:

Skeleton Crew:

Misery:

Mr. Mercedes:

The Dark Half:

Add to the current inventory:

Mr Mercedes 1st/1st Signed Summer of 2015:

Four Past Midnight 1st/1st Signed 2013:

Salems Lot Paperback Signed Brooklyn NY Event 2015:

The Shining Paperback Signed Brooklyn, NY Event 2015:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, should I take the lack of a response to my post as a "No"? We're really going to need all the help we can get in order to top last years' $17K!!! We could sure use your assistance if it is within your capability to do so.

Either way, nice listings, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the authenticity of some of my books has come into question, I'd like to be as open as possible and share all of the signatures that have ever been for sale on my eBay page, or my website.

Please note this will take a long time to upload everything to this thread.

Here are my current items. Feel free to critique, question, buy, whatever and I will be happy to compare these signatures to others obtained by members to prove the authenticity of them.

Mr. Mercedes Obtained July 2015 SOLD:

Finders Keepers Obtained July 2015 Currently FOR SALE:
    looks legit to me.
    Its just a really poor quality sig. He was probably in a rush. I got worse in CA at the rock bottom remainder show. just my opinion.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have little doubt they are legit. Maybe a little pricey from our POV, but the man has the right to set the price at what he deems fair. There's always a willing buyer out there. JMHO FWIW
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast