Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I've been so busy lately and am very behind in taking new pics of recent acquisitions, I promise to do it soon. But in the past couple months I've received:

-Carrie CD proof
    -The Shining Doubleday 1st/1st
    -Pet Sematary UK 1st (bought from my old friend George Beahm on eBay...was great talking to him again!)
    -Turn Out the Lights CD proof
    -End of Watch Scribner proof (currently reading)
    -Firestarter UK 1st
    -IT UK 1st
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jonathan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice list of new items there Jonathan. Congrats.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thanks guys! Last few weeks have been crazy with being sick, having my mother in law visit from North Carolina, on vacation for a week and writing and proof reading jobs, haven't had much time to take new pics of the collection. Also got in huge stacks of Cemetery Dance titles and items for my horror magazine archive project. I need a bigger house!!

BTW - I also got in a beautiful UK 1st of Skeleton Crew that is an extra copy. Willing to trade if anyone needs it.
    ~Jonathan

I'm just plain horrible at keeping this up! So many new acquisitions in the last few months (running out of room AGAIN!) and some exciting new purchases coming from members here. Maybe pushing my thread to the top will get me to take some new pics tonight!
    ~Jonathan

Arrivals from the last couple weeks. Nothing earth shattering here but some good finds for a collector on a budget!

Everything from Shining limited to ARCs, non-fic appearances, King calendars, and anthologies containing King stories.

~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jonathan.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice new stuff !!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool stuff Jonathan. The Mad magazine brings back memories. I used to collect them and still have about 4 boxes of 'em. I remember reading one in class and the teacher stormed up to me, grabbed the magazine and tore it in half.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Cool stuff Jonathan. The Mad magazine brings back memories. I used to collect them and still have about 4 boxes of 'em. I remember reading one in class and the teacher stormed up to me, grabbed the magazine and tore it in half.
    Thanks all! This Mad magazine has a very short letter from King, flicking the editors some shit regarding the Shining parody they did the issue before.
    ~Jonathan

Today's mail brought some goodies from Allen Koszowski....this stuff from the "other shit I collect" category!

Horror convention program books and catalogs!

~Jonathan

Today's mail brought some goodies, books containing first appearances and reprints of stories and non fiction pieces.

[/URL
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul, Jonathan.

Today's mail brought a nice find for only $3 and its in near perfect condition.

[/URL]
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice find.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks all! This Mad magazine has a very short letter from King, flicking the editors some shit regarding the Shining parody they did the issue before.
    Really? I have this Mad magazine (along with another 200 of them from Australia and the US!) in a box in the attic from my childhood. I don't remember the King material - I'll have to search it out!

Nice adds too

I love mail on Mondays...always seems to be much more than any other day of the week. Here are arrivals from yesterday.

2011 King desk calendar (only need a few more to complete this collection):

New issue of Entertainment Weekly with DT on the cover. A great look at the movie with photos included I haven't seen elsewhere There is a page were King discusses his other books related to the Dark Tower. Hard to tell if this is considered a new non-fic appearance by King as it's just about a one sentence "quote" from King on each one, perhaps more like a snippet from a short "interview". I've been discussing it with Justin Brooks.

Also received a beautiful copy of the 1st edition of SHADOWS containing first appearance of "Nona" that I got for a bargain....and Bob, no remainder spray on bottom!
    ~Jonathan

Almost forgot one! This is a book to be reviewed, and THEN it goes in the collection. Will be starting with King's story FIRST tonight.

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jonathan!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice new stuff Jonathan !!!

Thanks guys! Nothing major here, just lots of "smalls" that are cheap to find online. Working on paying off some bigger additions I can't wait to show off!
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Smalls need loving too, my man

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A lot of "small" end up doing massive and major bookshelves !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Got my hair cut today, walked into the little used bookstore next to my barber and picked this up for $5 on my lunch break. Just a couple small bumbs. I'd say that's a good day!

~Jonathan

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice snag!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast