Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Finders Keepers - collecting thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    The Montana book store wrote me and said that their listing was a mistake and that it will be for in store only.

Dan
    Although I too would like to blame Br!an for ruining this for ALL of us! The bookstore was onto everyone way before Br!an screwed this up. It was always intended to be a in store promo item with very little quantities. Even 2 is more than they were prepared to handle! My store said they have gotten several calls yesterday about the broadsheet from around the country and the world. They suggested that we get there before noon on the 2nd. I plan on lining up before they open.

I am now going to blame Br!an for global warming, the fact that King only has two books coming out this year and all the snow on the east coast.

and before I forget, Br!an is also to blame for the fact that I only got 12 signed copies of revival in Florida.

Can we BAN Br!an from this site, publically shame him and hold him responsible for the riots in Ferguson as well?

Thanks!

Maybe it's my fault for sharing the news here after reading it on Lilja's
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is the handwritten text an excerpt from the novel?
    Yes.
    But a fac simile I guess.
    King has difficulty signing his name 400 times. Do you think he hand wrote (or even signed) 1,500 originals? $12 each...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's my fault for sharing the news here after reading it on Lilja's
    It really is no one persons "fault". Everyone was equally denied as the rules are a May 2nd release day, and should be purchased in person, usually a 1 PP limit.

It actually was a pleasant surprise that our site "blew up" the orders at Book Portal.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is the handwritten text an excerpt from the novel?
    Yes.
    But a fac simile I guess.
    King has difficulty signing his name 400 times. Do you think he hand wrote (or even signed) 1,500 originals? $12 each...
    I didnt expect anything less than a fac simile.
    And for the fault, I was being sarky
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight, so I'm sorry but this is just hysterical.
    Concur
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Goodness gracious! I thought I was helping a small bookstore with a small buy of something that would have ended up tacked on my refrigerator. Not really a rare or desired collectible, IMHO.

Dan
    That is what these are supposed to be, LOL

But the King collecting community is like a pack of rabid dogs
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    it started out as California Independent Bookstore Day, but this year they got other regional Independent Bookstores Associations on board.

http://independentbookstoreday.com/
    This is a spinoff from the massively successful Free Comic Book Day Promotion that has been going on for a number of years. The IBA recognized FCBD's success in marketing and copied their formula.

This promotional day is designed to get people into the stores thus increasing their business and making sure the Independent bookstore and Local Comic Book Shop (businesses that run on razor thin profit margins from operating a physical Brick & Mortar location instead of on the internet which is a cheaper business model) do not go the way of the dinosaur.

Folks who call up from out of state who try and buy up all of the "hot" collectibles in order to speculate and make a profit from hawking a "limited edition" item do not understand the spirit or meaning of the event.

The events are designed to GIVE BACK to the local Independent Bookstores and Comic Shops, not GIVE YOU the opportunity to make money by flipping a collectible (which lets face it is just a printed one sheet similar to the free promotional movie posters they give away at the theater). Thus the "limited Edition" forspecials they hand out are given away (or sold at a small price) only AT THE STORE starting ON MAY 2nd.

If you appreciate your local shop, give them a visit on May 2nd. You might have a good time, give some business to your local shop that they sorely need, and end up with a nifty item to boot!

and you help keep these types of businesses ALIVE.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Although I personally love Free Comic Book Day and am sure I would enjoy heartily Independent Bookstore Day events as well, I will not be going on May 2nd.

Here is where I will be: (you gotta have your priorities in life)

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/events/2015/05/02/

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/nevil...thers-concert/
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Although I personally love Free Comic Book Day and am sure I would enjoy heartily Independent Bookstore Day events as well, I will not be going on May 2nd.

Here is where I will be: (you gotta have your priorities in life)

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/events/2015/05/02/

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/nevil...thers-concert/
    Fun! Jazz Fest is on my concert bucket list, and it's a great lineup this year. I'm actually going to Lollapalooza this year. I couldn't tell you 90% of the bands there, but between Metallica and Paul McCartney, I couldn't pass it up.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Would someone in the USA be kind enough to get me one and ship to the UK? The order page only allows United States as a country selection. I'll reimburse via Paypal gift.

Many thanks!
    I would for sure Alan, but I only ordered 1, and I actually went to the site I ordered it from this morning to order another one, and you can no longer order it online. There's now a message up which you can see here.

Not even sure if those who were able to order this morning online will get the order, but I suppose since they took the order, they have to honor it.

I'm sure one of the other members here who bought more than 1 will help you out.
    Ah thanks any way, Paul. Good of you to say

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fortunate that in this situation there are quite a few independent bookstores in my area. One of a few luxuries of living in Northern California.
    There are >6 bookstores within 40 miles of me that have ordered the broadsides. Four stores are within a 10 mile circle.
    As mentioned, I'll try to visit two or three of them, but I'll spend at least $50 per store in addition to the broadside. If I obtain an extra, the price will have to include the $50 I spent at the store.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't Mr.Mercedes and Finders Keepers the first two books of a trilogy?
    I think I remember reading it here on this site. I don't remember where I read it. I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, they are the first two in a trilogy. According to Ms Mod on the SKMB, King is in the process of writing the third volume, so far untitled.

John

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlivE View Post
    Isn't Mr.Mercedes and Finders Keepers the first two books of a trilogy?
    I think I remember reading it here on this site. I don't remember where I read it. I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory.
    That's correct, they are.

Dear Constant Reader,

Mr. Mercedes is the first volume of a projected trilogy concerning Bill Hodges, his friends… and his enemies. The second volume, Finders Keepers, is finished (in first draft, at least) and will be published in the first half of 2015, perhaps followed by a book of new stories in the fall (or not). Anyway, these three novels seem to revolve around the City Center Massacre that opens Mr. Mercedes.
    deadcentral.com >> Stephen King Shares a Few More Details on Finders Keepers and Honors the Victims of Mr. Mercedes
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

can you say another POS S&S limited edition .... (

like the POS limited TGWLTG popup... now that S&S see's there's a demand for them, they'll probably jump the price up to a grand...

another S&S fiasco ... just more tender for the BBQ pit

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

<= not even calling our independent store to check on this... even if they had all 1500 copies and were giving it away, I wouldn't waste my time driving down there and parking (it'd be same Austin store that hosted the king signing some of you guys came to)

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

There's an indy story a few miles away from me...I might check in just to see if they have some copies, but I don't really care that much. If I got one, I'd either frame it in my office or maybe see if someone here wants it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just FYI, but this is a response I received on my inquiry to the, Montana store...

"Fact & Fiction ordered the Stephen King broadside as part of a promotion. As
    with all of the books and merchandise we promote on our website, these are
    subject to the publisher or supplier providing them. Publications are
    cancelled, orders are cut, and customers are disappointed. This is the
    information I recently received from the organizers of the promotion:

SHIPPING NEWS
    Because of limited print runs on the Chris Ware print, the Allie Brosh
    broadside, and the Stephen King broadside, orders have been adjusted downward.
    If you placed orders for those items, you will receive at least 1 copy

We cannot fill any mail orders

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
    Barbara Theroux
    Fact & Fiction "
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So, it's in-store only. Sounds pretty consistent.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    So, it's in-store only. Sounds pretty consistent.
    I believe that's been clarified for a couple of days now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just FYI, but this is a response I received on my inquiry to the, Montana store...

SHIPPING NEWS

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
    Barbara Theroux
    Fact & Fiction "

Is it me or this message doesnt even make sense?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

SHIPPING NEWS

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
    Barbara Theroux
    Fact & Fiction "

It's you.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

It makes sense.

If you are local and ordered multiple copies they adjusted your order to one.

If you are not local then they will not ship to you and canceled the order.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You should have this as your signature

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I will swing by my local Indy while out comic hunting with the kids!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast