Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I personally had trouble with The Fireman slipcase. It fits, but barely, with the Brodart cover. It's actually the first CD case I've had an issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    I personally had trouble with The Fireman slipcase. It fits, but barely, with the Brodart cover. It's actually the first CD case I've had an issue with.
    Yeah, we try to leave a little extra room, but we can't leave too much or the case is too loose for our collectors who don't use Brodart covers. (Probably 95% of the customers who buy our cases do not add any additional protective cover to their book.)

Also, there is a tiny amount of allowed variation between the sizing we approve and the sizing of the cases that come off the line. It's a tiny amount, but it can make a difference either way -- too loose or too tight.

We're always happy to accept returns if you receive a case and it doesn't fit your needs, of course. Just drop Mindy a line and she'll get the ball rolling for you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yeah, we try to leave a little extra room, but we can't leave too much or the case is too loose for our collectors who don't use Brodart covers. (Probably 95% of the customers who buy our cases do not add any additional protective cover to their book.)

Also, there is a tiny amount of allowed variation between the sizing we approve and the sizing of the cases that come off the line. It's a tiny amount, but it can make a difference either way -- too loose or too tight.

We're always happy to accept returns if you receive a case and it doesn't fit your needs, of course. Just drop Mindy a line and she'll get the ball rolling for you!

Brian
    No worries! I was just surprised because typically it's not quite as tight, but it's fine. Still love the CD slipcases

No worries! I was just surprised because typically it's not quite as tight, but it's fine. Still love the CD slipcases
    Our slipcase maker once told me that you could "work" a tight slipcase by inserting a SLIGHTLY thicker book into the case... just A LITTLE THICKER, though. Large enough so the fit is even tighter than the intended book, but you can still get the book out without damage to the case. Repeat this process 20 to 30 times. Obviously, do not use a collectible book because you will be rubbing the DJ with this process, but hopefully you will also be stretching the slipcase.

I have never tried this myself, but I've heard from some collectors that it worked wonders.

If anyone is daring and wants to try it with your case for The Fireman, let me know how it goes... and if it goes horribly awry, you can have my case to replace yours!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Cemetery Dance have slipcases for sale to fit the two current Justin Cronin books?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Could be an artifact of the slipcase spine being shot at a 45 degree angle.
    Looking at it head on, it does appear to be off-center slightly to the right. I didn't notice until it was pointed out here and not a deal breaker for me personally. The Fireman cases are really tight with Brodart but Brian's idea could remedy that. Still, best cases in the business as far as I'm concerned.

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

FWIW Dick and I have run into the same dilemma. Often a book with a brodart will not fit quite right into a case measured for one without. All kind of variables come into play once the brodart is added. A lot of times it is a matter decided when the book is received and the case offered. Perhaps it may be prudent to measure for the brodart and include one with the case. Shouldn't add too much by way of cost? They are fairly cheap and would be a nice little bonus. Just a thought. Remeber, the cae does not protect the spine.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Brian

FWIW Dick and I have run into the same dilemma. Often a book with a brodart will not fit quite right into a case measured for one without. All kind of variables come into play once the brodart is added. A lot of times it is a matter decided when the book is received and the case offered. Perhaps it may be prudent to measure for the brodart and include one with the case. Shouldn't add too much by way of cost? They are fairly cheap and would be a nice little bonus. Just a thought. Remeber, the cae does not protect the spine.
    That's one of the things I like when ordering from Jeff. He likes to know the exact measurements of the book. So how you want the book to fit is entirely up to you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Brian

That's one of the things I like when ordering from Jeff. He likes to know the exact measurements of the book. So how you want the book to fit is entirely up to you.
    Well, yeah same with Dolso, but it's a different animal when you are mass producing them I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Odd question. Hearing the American dollar has now caught up almost in value to the Euro. Still behind the British pound but gaining value nonetheless. When Americans order from Jeff W, is that the British pounds transfer rate or Euro? Curious and thanks.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Odd question. Hearing the American dollar has now caught up almost in value to the Euro. Still behind the British pound but gaining value nonetheless. When Americans order from Jeff W, is that the British pounds transfer rate or Euro? Curious and thanks.
    The pound.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    The pound.
    That is what I thought but it has been awhile. Trying to gauge "cost" as I think it is time to get a couple more slipcases . Thanks Brian!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

The pound.
    That is what I thought but it has been awhile. Trying to gauge "cost" as I think it is time to get a couple more slipcases . Thanks Brian!
    Most welcome, brother. If ya can, order about 5 or 6 together. Really get more bang for your buck shipping wise instead of doing a small order here or there. Or wait until you can make a bigger order. Advice from the man himself

My Mood
    Confused

I know. I bought 11 one time and I posted the other order on here too. I think it was 7 or 8. This round it'll be a Shining one, a Salem's Lot revised book one, one for Skeleton Crew. That's off top of my head

Country
    Country Flag

I know. I bought 11 one time and I posted the other order on here too. I think it was 7 or 8. This round it'll be a Shining one, a Salem's Lot revised book one, one for Skeleton Crew. That's off top of my head
    Sweet! Share when ya get 'em.

My Mood
    Confused

With dimensions too. I will

Country
    Country Flag

With dimensions too. I will
    Even sweeter!

My Mood
    Confused

I listed the dimensions for the slipcases I had made last time. They are on this thread somewhere lol

Country
    Country Flag

I listed the dimensions for the slipcases I had made last time. They are on this thread somewhere lol
    I think Jeff also keeps 'em for future orders.

My Mood
    Confused

I think Jeff also keeps 'em for future orders.
    I actually told him to, with The Exorcist one he made for me since it was perfect. He said he usually waits for feedback back and then does so anyway. Also, though I would measure and take my time, I would ask him if I am "right" with my dimensions. He said he would check his records and if he thinks I should re-measure he would let me know. I tell you, there are some pretty great characters on this site and people that deal with members from this site. It's a breath of fresh air dealing with good people. They really are hard to find these days. Truly hard to find!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Jeff is one of the good guys for sure.

My Mood
    Confused

Yes, Jeff is one of the good guys for sure.
    I just paid for 12 slipcases from Jeff. I usually get them black. This way I can swap them around for different books here and there. Always silver stamping though.
    Happy New Year everyone!

My Mood
    Confused

I know most here are not Overlook slipcase fans, but, you can use the Overlook slipcase for Duma Keys also for Needful Things. The CD Duma Keys slipcase is a bit tight when you have a Mylar wrap on it. If anyone wanted to know.

Also, I have been crazy busy with the new job and working on the house. The 12 slipcases I received from Jeff came earlier in the week. Whenever I get time I will post dimensions and a few pics. I know most wouldn't get slipcases for say Tommyknockers, but with the 1st/1st hardcover being the only edition available for this book, I might as well do it. And I'm sure if I ever get rid of the book, the slipcase could go for something else.

My Mood
    Confused

These were the slipcases I ordered from Jeff. Some can be interchanged based on books being similar in sizes. With several of these being the only hardcover edition (and older first editions worth holding onto like Skeleton Crew), they probably will stay with what they were purchased for.

- Thinner first. 8 3/4" H, 1 1/4" W, 5 7/8" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK".
    - Salem's Lot Illustrated first. 9 3/8" H, 2" W, 6 1/2" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK."
    - Talisman first. 9 1/2" H, 1 7/8" W, 6 1/2" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK."
    - Skeleton Crew first. 9 1/2" H, 1 3/4" W, 6 1/2" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK."
    - Secret Window first/BCE. 8 1/2" H, 1 1/2" W, 5 3/4" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK."
    - Tommyknockers first. 9 1/2" H, 1 3/4" W, 6 1/2" D. Green case with silver stamp "SK" 2 of these!
    - Lisey's Story first. 9 1/2" H, 1 3/4" W, 6 1/2" D. red case with silver stamp "SK."
    - Dark Half first. 9 1/2" H, 1 1/2" W, 6 1/2" D. Black case with silver stamp "SK."
    I also had 2 more made. One for Bag of Bones in case I ever get the S/L UK edition and one for the Bachman Books hardcover 1st/1st but I cannot find the dimensions in my past emails.

My Mood
    Confused

Also, all my books are Mylar wrapped with 1.5 mil 2 fold wraps. The ones with the full sheet of paper on them and the 3 tab stickers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast