Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'd keep the Stephen King text, but make the font the same across all of them. Also, maybe put the images on the front and not the spine... just a thought...
    Hmm interesting, so make them like the Doubleday ones with the horizontal rules, publisher name etc, and then just have the image on the front (but much larger) ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'd keep the Stephen King text, but make the font the same across all of them. Also, maybe put the images on the front and not the spine... just a thought...
    Hmm interesting, so make them like the Doubleday ones with the horizontal rules, publisher name etc, and then just have the image on the front (but much larger) ?
    Yeah like that. I like the Doubleday ones where you had the title repeated on the front, but larger. So I guess that would have to go, and be replaced by those images... that way too, they'd look more like a matching series... but of course, I'm sure there will be many opinions on this...

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I display my books with the cover showing, I love the designs you have. Doubleday series was perfect, but most of all the books fit great too!

I don't see a need to put the designs on the side, but it won't stop me from ordering. I will be ordering all of them and two for It.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

To me it really doesn't matter. The books are sitting vertically on a bookshelf filed one after another, so the only thing people see is the binding. If they all said nothing I'm fine with it. I would just like to protect my books.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like the thought that they can look the same from the spine across but the front of the case holds the picture. Also to me (just an opinion) the Christine picture has too much going on. You have the tail of the car, side profile, and the grill ornament. I think it would look cool if you did like the movie poster with just the front of the car staring at you, or the 1/1 cover with the text in the chrome and skull ornament. But you are doing an awesome job, thanks Simon.
    -Josh

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First of all, these look great! But I'm not a huge fan of Christine having 3 graphics like that. It makes that one stick out more than the others. I understand why you had to do that, to fill up the space so all the graphics are roughly the same size on each book, but maybe if just the graphics get moved to the front like Paul suggested, you'll have more room to play with and could just use one of the three instead. My vote being either the front of the car or the symbol (to better differentiate it from your Dolan's Cadillac slipcase design).
    Just my 2 cents...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    First of all, these look great! But I'm not a huge fan of Christine having 3 graphics like that. It makes that one stick out more than the others. I understand why you had to do that, to fill up the space so all the graphics are roughly the same size on each book, but maybe if just the graphics get moved to the front like Paul suggested, you'll have more room to play with and could just use one of the three instead. My vote being either the front of the car or the symbol (to better differentiate it from your Dolan's Cadillac slipcase design).
    Just my 2 cents...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I do like the thought that they can look the same from the spine across but the front of the case holds the picture. Also to me (just an opinion) the Christine picture has too much going on. You have the tail of the car, side profile, and the grill ornament. I think it would look cool if you did like the movie poster with just the front of the car staring at you, or the 1/1 cover with the text in the chrome and skull ornament. But you are doing an awesome job, thanks Simon.
    -Josh
    Jinx!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not happy with the artwork for Christine either yet (keep in mind these are very much 'work in progress')

The original cover doesn't lend itself to being reworked as a vector format, so I tried a couple of different ideas.

Ill health prevents me from working on this for any length of time right now (staring at a screen gives me a headache after a while) but I will be back with some reworked designs soon!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I'm not happy with the artwork for Christine either yet (keep in mind these are very much 'work in progress')

The original cover doesn't lend itself to being reworked as a vector format, so I tried a couple of different ideas.

Ill health prevents me from working on this for any length of time right now (staring at a screen gives me a headache after a while) but I will be back with some reworked designs soon!
    Hope you feel better soon! You have lots of work to do!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think all the slipcases look fantastic. I like the way they look with Stephen King written on the side, with different font for each one, it adds to the identity of the case in my opinion. I do however agree that it would be cool to have the image art on the side of the slipcase as opposed to the spine, as that tends to not be visible anyway, but if one decides to display the book/case side art could be a really nice touch. Also I like the Christine slipcase, especially the white one, looks classy to me.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I think they look great, I do like the Stephen King on the spine. It would be nice to maintain a consistency with the Doubleday's as
    we move through the books.
    -K

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man... Jeff is a true asset here. Just got some new goods from him. FIT like a glove!!!!!! The reason I posting here... for those of you that have the Max Brooks signed... you know about the yellow CD case that matches... well me and Jeff made a red on for the Zombie Guide... that matches the bulls-eye (it is red) and fits perfect. Looks stellar on the book... he has measurements and color noted. SO.. for $12 pounds???? WORTH IT FOLKS!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

some new prototypes based on comments above and looking to keep consistency with initial Doubleday slipcases. Much as I like this, I think the size of the plate required may be an issue.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

i like them both, but again, my main concern is protecting the books. Christine is AWESOME. if plates are free i am all in for that one1

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - I love both.
    Hope these prototypes will be close to the actual cases.

sk

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Those are sweet! I like them both. I'll chip in extra if larger plates cost more. -K

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those look amazing! I like them a lot!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

You knocked it out of the park!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't buy the Doubleday slipcases since I don't own them in first editions yet.

I will buy these though and will probably buy the Doubledays eventually.

I like the continuation of the line, Kings name, first edition, etc., to continue the look of the "spine" throughout all the cases.

I like the art on the front of the case.

Great job!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

These look great. In terms of the size of the plate being a possible issue, the artwork on the front can be made smaller I think. Not sure if that matters in terms of costs but I don't think it needs to fill the whole width of the front of the slipcase. But overall yes these look really good and will be in line with the way the others in the series are designed.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Was there a slipcase done for the fantasy and science fiction gunslinger books?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I had one made by Jeff for mine - it just used one of the standard "Stephen King" plates:

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I made an acrylic one which was awesome. If you saw, it you came immediately!

Seriously, I did make an acrylic one and sold the set to someone on here. (for a song)

The "see through" aspect was much better than Jeff's cardboard ones.

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my case. Great job on the slipcases, I purchased the first 5 hope you continue with same design.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    I made an acrylic one which was awesome. If you saw, it you came immediately!

Seriously, I did make an acrylic one and sold the set to someone on here. (for a song)

The "see through" aspect was much better than Jeff's cardboard ones.
    Wow!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast