Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Santa?

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Sending PM with details.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Procrastinator in Chief Br!an is in too.

I don't mind shipping internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg
    I'm going to send someone some stuff from my personal collection so for me the price tag doesn't really matter, but $25+ sounds good to me! -Michaël

I don't mind receiving internationally either.

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

PM's going out shortly.
    Still need one address (I PM'd that person).

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Flatsigned: Novels/34 Flat signed Books in person at various events! Attended 12 events!

Just in case Stephen King has my name and he is reading this post,

These are the books that I am missing 1st 1st Flatsigned.

Missing The Talisman MIssing The Talisman
    MISSING The DArk Half MIssing
    Missing The Stand Complete and Uncut Missing
    Missing Stephen King goes to the Movies Missing
    Missing Blockade Billy Missing
    Missing TWTTK Grant signed Missing
    Missing Mr Mercedes

Thanks SK!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Flatsigned: Novels/34 Flat signed Books in person at various events! Attended 12 events!

Just in case Stephen King has my name and he is reading this post,

These are the books that I am missing 1st 1st Flatsigned.

Missing The Talisman MIssing The Talisman
    MISSING The DArk Half MIssing
    Missing The Stand Complete and Uncut Missing
    Missing Stephen King goes to the Movies Missing
    Missing Blockade Billy Missing
    Missing TWTTK Grant signed Missing
    Missing Mr Mercedes

Thanks SK!
    In your dreams!
    I quite fancy a S/L My Pretty Pony, Foster has got one for sale on eBay. Hint Hint.

Along the Path of the Beam coderedx is on a distinguished road

How's everybody going about this? I have a few ideas, but I'm wanting to make sure my person doesn't have the book(s) I'm buying.

Dear Santa:

If you have me, I'm easy, since I have a small collection relative to the folks on this board. I've created a collection thread.

codredx
    For Sale:
    Shivers I, III, and VII - $50 for All 3 - Numbers I and III are signed by some of the authors.

Wanted:
    Full Dark, No Stars Gift Edition
    Centipede Press Salem's Lot Gift Edition

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Collection threads are VERY helpful here. Look for holes, gaps, wanted posts, etc.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Collection threads are VERY helpful here. Look for holes, gaps, wanted posts, etc.
    What my man said, I did the same for my secret recipient. Use the boards (forum) to help you out. Or, just go with Yankee gear!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is hard... I got someone VERY hard to buy for. I had a plan and alas... now that plan is gone. I am not in the US so I have to ship ASAP so they get it before the Xmas too! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is hard... I got someone VERY hard to buy for. I had a plan and alas... now that plan is gone. I am not in the US so I have to ship ASAP so they get it before the Xmas too! haha
    I'm in the same boat. This will be...difficult. Hopefully it will also be very rewarding.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in the same boat. This will be...difficult. Hopefully it will also be very rewarding.
    Like I want to give someone something that doesnt break the bank but yet... they like and are thrilled with. It is a LOT harder than I thought! haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

My person should be extremely pleased(I hope). Already been on ebay twice and won!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    My person should be extremely pleased(I hope). Already been on ebay twice and won!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone recommend the best way to safely ship a Stand S/L? do you think Christmas paper around it is enough...?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I am super excited to create a very personalized gift for my recipient. Do we have a mandated shipment date for these gifts?

Also...

Dear Santa,

I have been very good this year and worked hard to grant some of my own wishes. As a result, my King wishlist is dwindling down to only the more hard-to-find or expensive items for the most part. Please ask your elves to begin producing these first edition first printing items in pristine condition for $50 or less. I'm certain that is possible with Christmas magic.

Just in case Christmas magic doesn't extend to book collections, I will toss out these other helpful hints... my favorite King book is Insomnia (I own both first edition cover states, but no other editions). I will therefore find anything Insomnia related to be uber neat. I also have a deep love of all things Oy. A DEEP love. I've considered an Oy tattoo. I'm a librarian. So. There's that. I enjoy gifts with a personal touch. If this gift is something that comes from your heart, I'll think it's awesome. I'll be proud to tell others, "This awesome gift is from Santa. Santa is a tdt.org member and it is wicked cool to have something (s)he picked especially for me." For example, if BadPenny sent me anything Pennywise related, I would cherish it forever knowing how much that item was special to him too. It would be a constant reminder of the "himness" of the gift. If Merlin sent me anything Red Sox, it would be the highlight of my collection as I know how much love he would need to have for me to send a gift that would be so loathsome to him. A great addition to the tdt.org subset of my collection!

So, Santa, I'll be grateful for anything that you choose to gift upon me!

Sincerely Yours,
    Krystle

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Can anyone recommend the best way to safely ship a Stand S/L? do you think Christmas paper around it is enough...?
    Totally. Just be sure to put a "do not bend" sticker on it. Or "fragile" if you're Italian.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I'll come and pick it up, Simon. It's cool. You can drive me back in your new car.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Like I want to give someone something that doesnt break the bank but yet... they like and are thrilled with. It is a LOT harder than I thought! haha
    Especially when they have everything... you have to get creative
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Especially when they have everything... you have to get creative
    Your right... and that is what I am working on now. haha Like, I am getting NO WORK done today. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also finding this difficult. Trying to keep the parcel under 2kg otherwise it will cost about £50 to ship. Already packed and unpacked it. I could always cut the boards off the page block to save weight!.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm also finding this difficult. Trying to keep the parcel under 2kg otherwise it will cost about £50 to ship. Already packed and unpacked it. I could always cut the boards off the page block to save weight!.

Yeah the weight thing is a pain in the arse!

Just send me the signature sheets in a poster tube, Jon.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Right..... So far I've secured a Stand S/L and some Stephen King signature sheets (lettered editions please, jon)

Xmas is better when you're middle aged than it is when you're a kid!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sending my recipient some of the air SK breathed in Paris last year...... in a padded envelope.

Enjoy!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Right..... So far I've secured a Stand S/L and some Stephen King signature sheets (lettered editions please, jon)

Xmas is better when you're middle aged than it is when you're a kid!!
    I forsee this for Alan on Christmas day...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Asleep

Investigating previous posts by my secret person was extremely helpful. Cant wait for XMAS!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast