Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Super Sneak

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The book won't be finished for a few more weeks. We are having trouble finding similar red endpapers that the S/l had in it. Damaged endpapers:

It's taken weeks because I can't find red endpapers that match well. I can find black, green etc, but red is tough.
    I finally settled on a "cranberry" red.
    Here is a sample swatch with a black piece above it:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's not bad, Jerome. I like it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks promising. I like the updates as the project comes along.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book is finished and I expect the it to be delivered to me in 10 days or so.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent - those end papers are great. Looking forward to see this completed

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Excellent - those end papers are great. Looking forward to see this completed
    It actually won't be complete...
    It may never end. I tried something that has rarely if ever been done (that does sound a little braggadocious), but allows the opportunity for individual tastes and predilections.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book is finished and I expect the it to be delivered to me in 10 days or so.
    Any updates now that it has been 10 days or so?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really curious to see what's been created....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The book came a week ago and I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I sent it back and we are trying plan B.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

^Bummer. What was dissatisfying about it?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I've found happens with rebound books sometimes. You have to do a couple rounds before you're happy with it.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The book came a week ago and I wasn't happy with how it turned out. I sent it back and we are trying plan B.
    That is disappointing to hear. I am glad that you are committed to getting it right and I’m looking forward to seeing the finished book.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was very upset when I received it. I'm using the book block from the trade The Stand Uncut. The height was workable, and the lack of thickness was resolved by adding some blank pages for artwork, and putting a pouch in the rear of the book that would hold art also. The problem was, the book edge did not come out far enough. As soon as I saw it, I laughed, then got pissed. It was so bad, I didn't even take a picture of it, I simply sent it back.
    The binder and I came up with an alternate idea.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was very upset when I received it. I'm using the book block from the trade The Stand Uncut. The height was workable, and the lack of thickness was resolved by adding some blank pages for artwork, and putting a pouch in the rear of the book that would hold art also. The problem was, the book edge did not come out far enough. As soon as I saw it, I laughed, then got pissed. It was so bad, I didn't even take a picture of it, I simply sent it back.
    The binder and I came up with an alternate idea.
    Was it the same Bindery that did all the other Stand books for you?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Book came back today. I'll take some pictures and try to write a 3 Oreo cookie narrative to be posted tomorrow.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well... are you guys/gals ready to read about, and see the project?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Let's see it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

In May, 2016 I bought a S/L The Stand on eBay. The book and case had been water damaged. The pages on the book had swollen and restoring 1,000 pages would be either impossible, or too expensive.

Auction Link

I had a local wood refinisher repair and refinish the box. He’s very good at what he does, and wonderfully affordable ($50).

I decided to try a different approach with the page block. I shipped the book to a book binder that I use.
    I also sent a US trade 1st edition hardback. The page block of the trade is actually a bit taller than the S/L so the binder shaved the block down. The binder removed the signature sheet, all of the art, and the book break pages (Book I, Book II, Book III) from the S/L. He spent quite a bit of time restoring the pages and did a remarkable job. He bound each of the S/L pages in the trade book preceding the existing art, with protective vellum added.

The Trade edition is not as thick as the S/L so additional blank pages were added for future remarques/artwork. He bound the Trade pages and bonus items in the S/L leather book cover. Unfortunately it didn’t look well. The page edges came quite a bit shy of the cover edges and the book looked awkward. It looked so bad that when I opened the box, I didn’t even take (embarrassing) pictures. I simply shipped the book back.

Since he couldn’t pad the spine of the book to push the block outwards (one wouldn’t be able to open the book) I had to try a different approach. I eventually decided to use the leather S/L cover to create a slipcase for the trade edition, and have new leather binding bound on the trade block. All of the added blank pages were removed, and a thinner than normal leather was used to bind the trade block to “thin” the book so it would fit inside the slipcase. Gold colored cardboard was used for the top and bottom of the slipcase to resemble the gilded page edges on the S/L. A padded back was added to the slipcase so that the book would come to the edge properly. The cranberry endpapers looked odd to me so black endpapers were substituted.

The inside of the coffin box is ideal for added art. I placed a piece in the lid for a picture but haven’t actually put the corner art brackets in yet.

Judge for yourself whether you like it or not.

Damaged book pictures

After pictures 6 images

After pictures additional images

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Wait......let me get some Oreos..........OK, I'm back. Go ahead.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That looks real nice RF. A great way to save and honor the original book.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Wait......let me get some Oreos..........OK, I'm back. Go ahead.
    Look at post #218

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Converting the original leather binding into a slipcase was a stroke of genius RF!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's alive... IT'S ALIVE!!

Brilliant work RF. Love it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The coffin case looks perfect! Man that guy is gooood. Can you tell RF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast