Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: zelig

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Loving the collection!

Nice to see Carrie in the hands of collectors and being appreciated.
    Thank you!

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

big thumbs up!! thanks for sharing

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Meagan J!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So these aren't in yet but since I have a photo of them I thought I'd share.

On the recommendation of a few members here, I purchased some custom slipcases from Jeff Whiley. My goal is to get a slipcase for every 1st Trade edition, both US and UK. Since it's around 100 books or more, I'll have to do it over a period of time. So I had the first 6 done for Carrie, 'Salem's Lot and The Shining.

I'll post some pics when they arrive, with the books in place to see how it looks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting! Does each case have the title somewhere?

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

No I decided to keep it simple. I could have customized each case with the title but over 100 cases it would have added quite a lot to the costs. Maybe once it's all done I'll look at custom blocking for some editions. For now the goal is to just get all the books into slipcases.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been seriously considering doing the same - I would like some extra blocking on the DoubleDay ones at the very least.
    Jeff's charges for the stamp are very reasonable and once they are cast they can be used again and again. I'm sure we could get a group buy on those if we put our mind to it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have been seriously considering doing the same - I would like some extra blocking on the DoubleDay ones at the very least.
    Jeff's charges for the stamp are very reasonable and once they are cast they can be used again and again. I'm sure we could get a group buy on those if we put our mind to it.
    Yes, the Doubleday books with custom blocking would be great. I had been wanting to do this for so long now and I didn't want to put it off any longer, so I just got the ball rolling. I figured at some point, I can always change out certain books. I'm game for this if you want to get it started for the Doubleday books and we can share the costs. I'm thinking in the new year for me, which isn't too far off as I've been spending more than I'd like lately. Maybe we can at least get the idea over to Jeff in the meantime.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Very nice
    Thanks!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just arrived.

Duma Key UK Proof

Signed Just After Sunset

1st printing UK paperback

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That UK Duma Key proof is fairly scarce.

John

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I believe so. I've actually never seen one for sale prior to this one. I know there have been, but I haven't seen any. It's certainly a great addition to my proof collection.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are fanastic! I want one of those Duma key proofs! I'll add it to the list of the many books you own that I want.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Those are fanastic! I want one of those Duma key proofs! I'll add it to the list of the many books you own that I want.
    Thanks! And you made me laugh with this one... I have a similar list. There will always be lists like that for collectors as long as we don't have everything. Which is basically all the time, I guess it's just a matter of how long the list is!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I find that my list grows rather than shrinks! It is starting to get very expensive especially with lettereds like Carrie etc.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I find that my list grows rather than shrinks! It is starting to get very expensive especially with lettereds like Carrie etc.
    Yup... no kidding... part of being a collector is mastering self-control and restraint...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still haven't managed to master those after 22 years of collecting.

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Yup... no kidding... part of being a collector is mastering self-control and restraint...
    lol the only way I have found to master self-control is to stay off these forums and the internet altogether.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I find myself wandering around book stores when I do that, Meagan.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new stuff, Jeff´s slipcases are NICE !!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. And yeah, I'm looking forward to getting those slipcases.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I will be posting my proof collection soon, just waiting for a couple items to come in. Then I'll do photos of all of them. For now, as part of a continuing effort to photograph all/most of the books in my collection, here's some miscellaneous books that I haven't really focused on yet. Figured I'd get these done with some close ups.

Enjoyed this one for the prices alone:

Just the Trade 1st. Don't have any of the limited releases:

Some more in the 1st US/UK Trades:

Some miscellaneous items:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And finally, the Bachman paperbacks. Some could use an upgrade, but as you know it's not easy finding these in pristine condition.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast