Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free - Donation Button Above Threads

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free - Donation Button Above Threads

For some years now I’ve been able to maintain the site without asking for contributions because most of the costs were minimal. My son, due to the nature of his business, was able to host the site and maintain the server free of charge. The other costs were, for the most part, nominal and I have been absorbing them in order to keep the site here for all of us.
    Unfortunately my son’s work situation has changed and I now have to pay for the server storage and maintenance as well as hosting, hardware, and software.
    (So far the labor has been free)

As much as I would like to maintain a Free Dark Tower site the costs have escalated to a point where I cannot shoulder the entire burden on my own and still keep the site operating as it has been.
    I have other options – I can inundate the site with ads and pop ups which would generate significant revenue to keep the site going. I could also ask for either monthly or annual membership fees. To me both options would be last resorts. I would rather see members show their appreciation by contributing what they can, when they can, and as a group keep the site ad free.

Paypal Gift address is: crownandcola@aol.com
    It's my wife's PP address, so don't freak out when the payee is "Dolores".

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

RF,
    What is a reasonable amount for each member to donate in order to meet the expense?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A one time donation of $36.50 (for 1 year of pleasure) from each member would be appreciated. That's a dime per day.
    More is better, as only a few people actually helped last year (several were very generous).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Are you thinking of adding a donation button to the site or would you prefer we just send donations to your e-mail address via PayPal? Or something else?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I found the PP Test1 Subscription in Settings a while ago and have been sending you a buck a month. Would you prefer I use this email instead of the zoidsmith one?

Either way I'll up the monthly amount for you.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Are you thinking of adding a donation button to the site or would you prefer we just send donations to your e-mail address via PayPal? Or something else?
    There should be a PP donation button at the top of each Forum, Thread, and Post (scroll up to see).
    The best option is to PP gift to:
    crownandcola@aol.com

Paypal takes a huge cut on the button, however a PP gift yields (nets) more.

I earlier mentioned a dime per day. That's not too much for what we (the community) provide. Honestly, I feel it's worth a dollar a day per person, but that is probably a stretch.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I'll send donation to the ordered email then.
    Thanks for having this site up & putting in the time for all of us!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Question 1: What is your "fiscal cycle" for the site fees?

Question 2: Are we donating for 2015 or 2014?

Question 3: Is there a "dollar menu"? LOL

Just curious, J. If you decline to respond I would understand. You can count on me to help out in any case!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I'll send donation to the ordered email then.
    Thanks for having this site up & putting in the time for all of us!
    Thank you, thank you!! He couldn't do it without me!! LOL J/K LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in as well. Love the site, including all the characters that seem to be drawn to this corner of the web.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm in as well. Love the site, including all the characters that seem to be drawn to this corner of the web.
    "It's a small town son, and we all support the team"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You bolded significant, so I figure I'd ask the question, do you think you'll pull in more money if the members voluntarily donate what they can per year or from ads/popups?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You bolded significant, so I figure I'd ask the question, do you think you'll pull in more money if the members voluntarily donate what they can per year or from ads/popups?
    From what I understand, opening the site to "Ads" would be much more lucrative than member donations. We all visit the site often, at least quite a few do, and a donation seems reasonable to me to keep the site, "Ad-Free".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola Gay View Post
    From what I understand, opening the site to "Ads" would be much more lucrative than member donations. We all visit the site often, at least quite a few do, and a donation seems reasonable to me to keep the site, "Ad-Free".
    Small donation made! Love the site!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe in helping the site.. RF knows this as well. I, along with what I have done so far, would give more BUT I ask the question... what kind of ads would be on here? Cemetery Dance, Sub Press, etc? I, have no problem with that ans would kind of like it if it was done right... The right advertisers would add something to it don't you think guys? AND if it helps RF even make a little for all his hard work.. isn't that even better? I am game for whatever just brain storming here...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Most likely from ads.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I believe in helping the site.. RF knows this as well. I, along with what I have done so far, would give more BUT I ask the question... what kind of ads would be on here? Cemetery Dance, Sub Press, etc? I, have no problem with that ans would kind of like it if it was done right... The right advertisers would add something to it don't you think guys? AND if it helps RF even make a little for all his hard work.. isn't that even better? I am game for whatever just brain storming here...
    Check this site out to see what I wouldn't want the site to look like:
    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion...x/classic-cars

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Yeah your right... that is not as nice for sure. So YOU prefer no ads at all RF?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I abhor ads.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think everyone here would prefer zero ads. The idea of having small publishers like CD or PS advertising is nice, but I feel unrealistic. Pretty much every member here is aware of them and announcements of new works are already done - why would they spend extra money on advertising?

How much control over adds would you have Jerome? I could live with a clickable advert section that appears at the top or bottom of a page, but Popups are a definite NO for me.

Personal contributions are great, I have no problem in making a monthly donation (and have already signed up to do so) but it stops being workable when it's the same few that are always donating...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I think everyone here would prefer zero ads. The idea of having small publishers like CD or PS advertising is nice, but I feel unrealistic. Pretty much every member here is aware of them and announcements of new works are already done - why would they spend extra money on advertising?

How much control over adds would you have Jerome? I could live with a clickable advert section that appears at the top or bottom of a page, but Popups are a definite NO for me.

Personal contributions are great, I have no problem in making a monthly donation (and have already signed up to do so) but it stops being workable when it's the same few that are always donating...
    I agree... I would pay to use this site for sure as most would. I also would be ok with a small amount of ads in a specific location. As for popups? No way. The problem will be just that to Simon... same people paying.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The layout looks like hell but I don't see any ads there...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

triple ad banner across the top, at least 3 different ad spaces down the right hand side. Do you have some ad blocking software turned on?

and..

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

triple ad banner across the top, at least 3 different ad spaces down the right hand side. Do you have some ad blocking software turned on?

and..
    I didn't see any ads. I use ADBLOCK PLUS on Firefox. But, I also sent a payment to Jerome and am quite happy paying a small fee to keep ads off this forum.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

and..
    It’s possibly due to my out-dated browser that I can’t update.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast