Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephen King Novel Summarized in 140 Characters

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Novel Summarized in 140 Characters

An amusing article

Every Stephen King Novel Summarized in 140 Characters or Less

My favorite
    Spoiler:
    The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger (1982)
    Clint Eastwood chases Johnny Cash.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

These are awesome!

I think my favorite one is the "It" one:

Spoiler:
    It (1986)
    Small town kids join together to battle evil and then celebrate by having a sewer orgy.

Thanks for sharing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, very funny. I guess my favorite is:

The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)
    Clint Eastwood rescues Jesse Pinkman.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My fave is

Spoiler:
    The Plant (2000)
    A writer sends a manuscr—
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea that Stephen King wrote Odd Thomas !?!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

That's mine too lol.

Doubly cool considering Aaron Paul was long rumored to be up for the role of Eddie.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

That's mine too lol.

Doubly cool considering Aaron Paul was long rumored to be up for the role of Eddie.
    Yeah, and he should have said:

Clint Eastwood rescues Jesse Pinkman, BITCH!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    My fave is

Spoiler:
    The Plant (2000)
    A writer sends a manuscr—
    mine too

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Only real funny one was Odd Thomas...unless that was some Koontzey Kingo collabo I didn't know about lol

The Stand: A battle between good and evil where evil destroys itself without the Good.
    Carrie: If Upworthy existed back then this could have been avoided.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Traveler Norris Ridgewick will become famous soon enough Norris Ridgewick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still trying to figure out why the two Odd Thomas books were on that list. Logic says it's a joke, but there's not really a joke reason for putting them in there. And it seems truly impossible to mistakenly think King wrote them. In any event, My favorite was the one for Duma Key. Writer Painter.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't spent much time in this part of DT.org. I find keeping up to date with events over at Calvins Corner is like a full-time job... but I stumbled over here to write about finishing Doctor Sleep, and came across this thread. I haven't read them all yet, but this DTII one is terrific. I remember all through reading DTII, how much Eddie made me think about Jesse Pinkman, like it was him for sure... forgive me for not knowing any backstory about the similarities between Eddie and the Aaron Paul character, but he'd be a perfect actor to play that role....I'll go read the others now from that article...

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great read. This might have been my fav:

Pet Sematary (1983)
    *cemetery

or maybe

Ur (2009)
    *you’re

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate people like this. They say there insults are friendly jokes but they're just laughing at someone else expense.
    Max Booth III is probably a great person, but I don't care for this list at all.

ps I know, don't take it so seriously. But I can't help it. His mother should have taught him better.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I hate people like this. They say there insults are friendly jokes but they're just laughing at someone else expense.
    Max Booth III is probably a great person, but I don't care for this list at all.

ps I know, don't take it so seriously. But I can't help it. His mother should have taught him better.
    I didn’t take it that way at all. I felt it was more a comment on how ridiculous it is to try and reduce something to 140 characters.
    — Roland Deschain

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

I didn’t take it that way at all. I felt it was more a comment on how ridiculous it is to try and reduce something to 140 characters.
    Yeah, maybe. But he could have shown that it's hard to reduce to 140 characters without making a joke out of King's catalog.

ex.

I have a feeling he thought he was being witty and that young people will enjoy his Comedy Central-esque article.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, he says in the beginning that he's an avid King reader. I think he's just making a jab at something he enjoys.
    It's almost like a celebrity roast of King's works.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Yeah, that's what I thought. Also, he says in the beginning that he's an avid King reader. I think he's just making a jab at something he enjoys.
    It's almost like a celebrity roast of King's works.
    That is a great analogy and the best part is we didn’t have to endure Jeff Ross or Lisa Lampanelli.
    — Roland Deschain

So very true.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This attitude is just sad.

+ Reply to Thread