Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dt.org promo postcard

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Dt.org promo postcard

A member here was kind enough to make up a design to be used to promote the site at King events. it's 2 sided and the size of a standard postcard.
    He wanted to hear what members thought.

Front:

Back:

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty impressive!

ASST. HAVEN FUND WHORE SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16 has a spectacular aura about SirFolio16's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, it would def. catch my attention and make me want to see what the site is like.
    "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones."

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

looks nice, not sure about the tag line though "Go then , there is only this site to see" doesn't read well IMHO.

how about "All things serve the site" or "Firmly on the path of the beam" ?
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the back, it really has impact ... not so much the front. I think it's because it gives Roland a face, and he looks nothing like what I picture him in my head to look like. To me this guy looks like a ranch-hand, your everyday cowboy. Most importantly, he's not missing the first two fingers on his right hand; well, the index finger anyway as far as I can see. Yes, he didn't lose them until DT II so this could be a representation from before the lobstrocities, but I think that's a key point throughout the rest of the series. And for some reason he's wearing a glove only on his left?

My god, I'm a tower geek now.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I like the back, it really has impact ... not so much the front. I think it's because it gives Roland a face, and he looks nothing like what I picture him in my head to look like. To me this guy looks like a ranch-hand, your everyday cowboy. Most importantly, he's not missing the first two fingers on his right hand; well, the index finger anyway as far as I can see. Yes, he didn't lose them until DT II so this could be a representation from before the lobstrocities, but I think that's a key point throughout the rest of the series. And for some reason he's wearing a glove only on his left?

My god, I'm a tower geek now.
    Good points. I suppose he could be cropped so his right hand isn't visible, and his face could be shadowed, or the image removed/replaced.
    That's why we ask for comments.

Perhaps this image:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    looks nice, not sure about the tag line though "Go then , there is only this site to see" doesn't read well IMHO.

I was thinking "Everything About Stephen king Collecting"
    As tippy4 would say "those using Dark tower speech will be beaten with a stick".

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Roland's face or the tagline. Other than that, it looks pretty awesome.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Really like it, RF. Very eye catching. I want one!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah its really nice... It was me that did it and it will be a finished size of 4x6 and will be what is called UV coated. It will be a really high gloss on a thick card stock... I was telling RF that when i showed it to my buddies they asked two things: How cool it was could they have one and what was the site about.... Anyways, I am also (pending approval from RF and the community here) going to print enough for everyone at the Florida event. I will also be handing RF some extras for him to hand out as he sees fit. Glad so far it is liked kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pick a tag line and I can change it too and resend Also... I can darken Rolands face too... should I get started?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, nice job Kris!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Pick a tag line and I can change it too and resend Also... I can darken Rolands face too... should I get started?
    Let's wait a little longer to hear some more thoughts.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Maybe a few ideas RF and then a pole... ?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm sorry, but that is funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

yes... yes it was. LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like the 1st one.
    Doesnt like the second : too much stuff on it.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Like the 1st one.
    It is 2-sided. So the front is the 1st and the 2nd is the back. We should have mentioned that.... sorry
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Like the 1st one.
    It is 2-sided. So the front is the 1st and the 2nd is the back. We should have mentioned that.... sorry
    It was mentioned. The second, Roland image may be the better way to go. Plus the revised tag line. IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the first image with the "Everything About Stephen King Collecting" tagline.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it for the most part. I do agree that the tag line does not read well, but I don’t have a suggestion for a different one yet.

What I can say is looking at this from the point of someone that has not been here I would guess that this is advertising and site dedicated to the Dark Tower franchise. I would suggest maybe on the back adding in some other well know imagery (It, Cujo, The Shinning, etc.) and something to let them know the site has a place for all King fans not just those of us who geek out on DT.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I was thinking "Everything About Stephen king Collecting"
    As tippy4 would say "those using Dark tower speech will be beaten with a stick".
    I agree it should state something about who or what TDT.org is.
    When putting together a marketing piece one needs to first think of ; Who is the audience" you are looking to reach.
    This site serves collectors and also promotes discussion among those who admire & enjoy reading Kings work as well as collectors.
    Too often people who create ads, brochures etc. assume people understand things they really do not so I would avoid simply putting something only we would recognize..
    I feel it should say something simple but clear like;

"The resource for Stephen King collectors and fans"

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    This site serves collectors and also promotes discussion among those who admire & enjoy reading Kings work as well as collectors.

I feel it should say something simple but clear like;

"The resource for Stephen King collectors and fans"
    Bingo.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

One other thing I have been thinking about and wanting to share is it can be a good idea to consider how any marketing piece created would appear if for some reason was used in Black and White.
    This may not be a consideration when preparing a Postcard.... however if you wish to remain consistent with any other marketing such as the ad in the program, etc, it would be good to know how the art converts for B&W.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast