Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Choose UP TO 6 films to move on to the next round!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quartermass II aka Enemy from Space

2 6.67%
  • Flight of the Navigator

9 30.00%
  • Close Encounters of the Third Kind

19 63.33%
  • Fire in the Sky

8 26.67%
  • Phase IV

2 6.67%
  • Event Horizon

19 63.33%
  • X-Men : Days of Future Past

16 53.33%
  • Sunshine

12 40.00%
  • The Time Machine

12 40.00%
  • Another Earth

2 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1 Group J

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1 Group J

Note: Although you can vote for a maximum of 6 films in the polls, it doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to vote for 6. We encourage you to vote only on those you strongly feel deserve to move on to the next round.

Quartermass II aka Enemy from Space

Flight of the Navigator

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Fire in the Sky

Phase IV

Event Horizon

X-Men : Days of Future Past

Sunshine

The Time Machine

Another Earth
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sunshine.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fire in the Sky
    Event Horizon (♥)
    Days of Future Past
    Sunshine

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd have voted Fire In The Sky but depending on your beliefs it isn't fiction at all. I like Event Horizon but it's like The Mist to me, far more horror than anything else. I liked X-Men too but I surely didn't think of it as a sci-fi film and aside from the actual time travelling (which is still just a mutant's powers) it isn't any more heavy in sci-fi than it's previous films. Actually, the original with a machine than can turn everyone human into mutants is way more sci-fi than Days. The rest I haven't seen.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sunshine
    Fire In the Sky
    Event Horizon

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Event Horizon still manages to creep me the fuck out, even til this day. Love Sam Neill in that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Event Horizon still manages to creep me the fuck out, even til this day. Love Sam Neill in that.
    Imagine this: I'm eleven and I rent Event Horizon and In The Mouth of Madness and I watched them home alone in the dark. Don't think I'll ever a horror night like that again. Sam Niell was my favourite actor when I was a kid...I loved Jurassic Park that much haha

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember watching Event Horizon for the first time. I was a kid and was home alone, ended up watching it at around 2 o'clock in the morning. When the movie ended I picked up my feet off the ground because I thought something was going to grab me from under the couch hahaha.

Also, Sunshine was excellent up until the last 4th of the movie where it turns into a slasher flick.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a really fucking creepy movie for sure.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember watching Event Horizon for the first time. I was a kid and was home alone, ended up watching it at around 2 o'clock in the morning. When the movie ended I picked up my feet off the ground because I thought something was going to grab me from under the couch hahaha.
    "What happened to your eyes?"
    "Where we're going, you won't need eyes to see."

Also, Sunshine was excellent up until the last 4th of the movie where it turns into a slasher flick.
    I felt similar to this until I watched it a few more times and it didn't feel as out of place. If you look at it like this:
    Spoiler:
    The Sun is God and Pinback is Satan and with God dying Satan would destroy the realm of man/the living and through corrupting the souls of men he possesses Pinbacker and uses him to murder his crew to stop the first mission (which is all Satan can do) he attempts to thwart the second mission to save God's life

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

PLEASE put the right title on PHASE 4 (It is not PHASE 1)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sunshine and Another Earth.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    PLEASE put the right title on PHASE 4 (It is not PHASE 1)
    I'm sorry, I mistyped it but I can't edit the poll Let me see if Jerome can. In the meantime hopefully everyone looks below at the list and posters.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

One and one only. Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's kind of funny that Event Horizon and Sunshine are in the same poll. They have a lot in common for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon:

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    One and one only. Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
    That's the only one I voted for out of this group as well.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Went with only five again:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Fire in the Sky
    Event Horizon
    X-Men : Days of Future Past
    Sunshine

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Phase IV was funny when MST3K Riffed it on their KTMA Season, I've never seen the un-riffed version

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That trailer for Sunshine with Lux Aterna really makes me want to watch that mesmerizing spectacle again.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Close Encounters and Quatermass 2.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Not a fan of these Hammer flicks. There are much better monster b-movies, such as Them!

Country
    Country Flag

Fire in the Sky is perhaps the scariest alien movie along with Alien.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Event Horizon? Really?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, really.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast