Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Choose UP TO 6 films to move on to the next round!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virtuosity

4 13.33%
  • The Hidden

3 10.00%
  • The Invisible Man

9 30.00%
  • Time Bandits

11 36.67%
  • Clockwork Orange

16 53.33%
  • Short Circuit 2

8 26.67%
  • Inception

24 80.00%
  • Frankenstein

12 40.00%
  • Beyond the Black Rainbow

2 6.67%
  • Blade Runner

25 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1, Group G

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 1, Group G

Note:
    Although you can vote for a maximum of 6 films in the polls, it doesn't necessarily mean you HAVE to vote for 6. We encourage you to vote only on those you strongly feel deserve to move on to the next round.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Clockwork Orange
    Inception
    Blade Runner

Beyond the Black Rainbow looks trippy as hell. Will have to watch that soon.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone needs to fix my votes...hit vote now on my phome trying to select Blade Runner.

Picked:

Virtuosity
    Clockwork Orange
    blade Runner
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Coming soon:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Voting for:

The Invisible Man
    Time Bandits
    Clockwork Orange
    Inception
    Beyond the Black Rainbow
    Blade Runner

Country
    Country Flag

Please note it was Short Circuit 2 that was nominated, not the first Short Circuit. This was a point of some discussion back during the nomination process. But it's listed as just "Short Circuit" and the poster if also for the original (a much better film, in my opinion). And I see it has garnered three votes already, but very likely these are for SC1, not SC2. Unless we want to retroactively change that to SC1 now.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Beyond the Black Rainbow looks trippy as hell. Will have to watch that soon.
    Indeed it is

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't this group H earlier...am I taking crazy pills?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

No H yet. I don't know what you're taking, but it must be good!

Steve Gutenberg didn't even come back for Short Circuit 2. So at least it has that going for it.

I definitely want to vote for Blade Runner and Inception, but I haven't seen Beyond the Black Rainbow or The Hidden.

Country
    Country Flag

So we're officially going with the original Short Circuit, not the sequel?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm joking. Don't ask me. I think switching would be unfair to the original contributor. But neither one has much chance anyway, IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

In that case the poster should be changed and the poll option.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some good movies here. Blade Runner, for sure. However, I remember watching Virtuosity, what, 17 years ago or so and thinking just how bad it was. Russell Crowe's performance was positively cringe-inducing over-the-top cheese.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Some good movies here. Blade Runner, for sure. However, I remember watching Virtuosity, what, 17 years ago or so and thinking just how bad it was. Russell Crowe's performance was positively cringe-inducing over-the-top cheese.
    Over the top? He was like, emotionless and stoic.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah really surprised seeing Virtuosity getting votes.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    OMG. That scene where he was like conducting a symphony? That was MST3K bad. "Welcome to Death TV" ?? His facial expressions throughout the entire movie were certainly exaggerated and he kept doing this thing with his eyes. Define it how you like but it was annoying as hell. The Terminator was emotionless and stoic. Crowe was...something else.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    OMG. That scene where he was like conducting a symphony? That was MST3K bad. "Welcome to Death TV" ?? His facial expressions throughout the entire movie were certainly exaggerated and he kept doing this thing with his eyes. Define it how you like but it was annoying as hell. The Terminator was emotionless and stoic. Crowe was...something else.
    I haven't seen this movie in ages so I just looked it up on YouTube and holy shit

LAUGH MY ASS OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That is Grade A, unfiltered, pure 90's cheesiness. I love it lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    In that case the poster should be changed and the poll option.
    So are we voting for 1 or 2? The poll and the poster still don’t match.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The vote is for Short Circuit 2. Poll will be changed soon.

Country
    Country Flag

Just two votes for Black Rainbow. And six for Short Circuit 2

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Blade Runner at the forefront of this group, as it should be.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Blade Runner at the forefront of this group, as it should be.
    Blade Runner is good, no doubt, but I think "Inception" was a slicker production. Granted it's more timely with regard to FX and all. Still a rather innovative premise and story line IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I think we are the only two who've seen Beyond the Black Rainbow

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I think we are the only two who've seen Beyond the Black Rainbow
    Apparently so, which is a shame, and it's available to stream on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70181693?trkid=13752289

Such an original film, and such contests are often popularity contests, in a way - not that that's bad, but true gems like this are often overlooked while of course things like Blade Runner and Star Wars, while I love them too, garner nearly 100% of the vote.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump

Poll is closing in two days...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast