Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Books to Benefit

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The lettered reminds of SK's Dark Dreamers. Fantastic look!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, amazing looking books Brian. Just can't wait to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Whatever Bill thinks about the content, there is no denying those books are beautiful!
    Can't wait for my LE!

Awesome Brian, just frickin awesome!
    Thank you!

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The lettered reminds of SK's Dark Dreamers. Fantastic look!
    Thanks! I'm really pleased with what the hand-binder's work on this Lettered Edition. The leather and the imported cloth look great together, and the spine hubs are a really nice touch I've always wanted to use on a book.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever Bill thinks about the content, there is no denying those books are beautiful!
    Can't wait for my LE!

Awesome Brian, just frickin awesome!
    It truly is as you say, Simon. I can't help it, there is a clause in my contract that says so!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The books look amazing. Great job.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just to be honest and to prove my commitment to the Haven Fund, I purchased one of these damnable books for the 2015 HF. So, when the bidding commences be aware that you are bidding on an item donated by the man who hates this book so much that he set one on fire!!! Then again, maybe I should be a little less critical. I mean it did take them 86 years and the exhumation of a piano to finally win one!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All this fuss about grown men playing Rounders. It's a good job King didn't write about something important like Cricket!

AND..
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All this fuss about grown men playing Rounders. It's a good job King didn't write about something important like Cricket!

AND..

Good thing you were wise enough to duck!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Just to be honest and to prove my commitment to the Haven Fund, I purchased one of these damnable books for the 2015 HF. So, when the bidding commences be aware that you are bidding on an item donated by the man who hates this book so much that he set one on fire!!! Then again, maybe I should be a little less critical. I mean it did take them 86 years and the exhumation of a piano to finally win one!!! LOL

Either that's an awesome commitment to HF or we're going to be bidding on an urn full of ashes.....

Bill on one hand??? -- fire in the other!!! Faithful in the middle---????
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Either that's an awesome commitment to HF or we're going to be bidding on an urn full of ashes.....

Bill on one hand??? -- fire in the other!!! Faithful in the middle---????

LOL Nope straight up auction as usual. Much as I would like to burn it.... LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my Gift Edition of Faithful yesterday, and it is an absolutely beautiful book. There is a lot of discussion about the PS Carrie Lettered Edition and whether it is "worth" $4,000+. I don't think anybody could hold Faithful in their hands and not feel like they are getting more than $85 worth of book. The book is over-sized and heavy. It is printed (in two colors) on an unbelievably nice paper stock. It has a ribbon page marker, and a two color stamped slipcase. On top of all that, Books to Benefit is donating (at least) 30% of the book's retail price (that is, 30% of $85, or $25.50) to the Haven Foundation. The Gift Edition isn't sold out yet, but it should be.

Based on the prices and limitations of the Gift, Limited, and Lettered Editions, Books to Benefit's donation to the Haven Foundation will be close to $50,000. Now that I've seen the finished product, I think it is incredible that they delivered such a beautiful book while also promising such a large amount to charity. I only hope that they will be as successful with the next title they choose to publish. Congratulations, Brian!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Considering the same guys from Cemetery Dance were in charge, I don't have to doubt it's an amazing production. I NEVER received a book by CD that I didn't consider an amazing production.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I received my Gift Edition of Faithful yesterday, and it is an absolutely beautiful book. There is a lot of discussion about the PS Carrie Lettered Edition and whether it is "worth" $4,000+. I don't think anybody could hold Faithful in their hands and not feel like they are getting more than $85 worth of book. The book is over-sized and heavy. It is printed (in two colors) on an unbelievably nice paper stock. It has a ribbon page marker, and a two color stamped slipcase. On top of all that, Books to Benefit is donating (at least) 30% of the book's retail price (that is, 30% of $85, or $25.50) to the Haven Foundation. The Gift Edition isn't sold out yet, but it should be.

Based on the prices and limitations of the Gift, Limited, and Lettered Editions, Books to Benefit's donation to the Haven Foundation will be close to $50,000. Now that I've seen the finished product, I think it is incredible that they delivered such a beautiful book while also promising such a large amount to charity. I only hope that they will be as successful with the next title they choose to publish. Congratulations, Brian!
    Thank you very much! It was a lot of fun to work on a project to benefit some very worthy causes that are doing a lot of good for people who need it.

I'm counting the last copies right now, and I think the Gift Edition will be Out of Print here in the next few days. Several of the retailers already came back asking for more, which is a nice sign.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Brian

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

I only have the Artist Edition ordered so I will need to wait to have my copy in hand. However seeing the photo's of the Gift Edition, and the incredible quality and detail to that book, I can't imagine how impressive the Artist Edition will be. Just from the photo's I have to agree that at $85.00 that book is an incredible value. When you add to that some great charities are benefiting I know it is a book I will always cherish!

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorite touches: the inclusion of "The Slap" on the endpapers.

For the love of God, don't tell Bill!

Brian

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You Motherf**ker!!!! LOL

Too bad they didn't include, Pedro tossing poor, Don Zimmer on his ass!!!!

Spoiler:
    BTW I'm j/k I got a "rep" to think about!! Awesome production, folks!!! Long live Aaron Boone & Bucky Fucking Dent!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What are these men with funny hands doing?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Received a copy of this the other day and it is a beautiful and well put together book. Kudos to Brian and Books to Benefit.

(Thanks, Merlin!)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post

It's a sport that is similar to cricket, except that it's actually entertaining to watch.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It's a sport that is similar to cricket, except that it's actually entertaining to watch.
    Unless your a Cubs fan, which I am.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmm. Similar to cricket, which is the most boring "sport" on the planet!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's more like "Rounders" than cricket tbh. Although both are soul destroying.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Brian,
    Have all copies of Faithful gone out?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast