Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Corner & Old-Timers Inquiry

Along the Path of the Beam Topo77 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello All!
    Im new here. My name is Andrej and I'm from Slovenia. Ive been collecting books for about 7 years now. Most titles from my collection are fantasy, scifi and horror stuff. I'm ashamed to say that I still don't have any of Stephen King book but I hope this will change. Anyway I really look forward to some interaction with some like-minded individuals and who can appreciate book collecting.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Andrej.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Andrej!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi everybody,

My name is Mike. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months. I have been active a little on stephenkingcollector.com, so I recognize a lot of the same names here.

I live in the Chicagoland area (about 17 years now). I grew up near Dayton Ohio, and retain my loyalty to Cincinnati sports teams.

I started reading SK circa 1982. My first hardback purchase was Misery, and since that time I tried to always buy the hardback as soon as it came out. However there were a few I didn't realize came in hardback (DTI-IV, bachman books, Cycle of the Werewolf).

Around July of last year I started buying 1st/1st editions. I slowly dipped my toes in, and bought maybe 3 or 4, then stoped, and then picked up again in Nov. Since that time I have bought dozens of 1st/1sts and limited editions.

For now my priorities are US 1st/1st editions (Just Carrie through Night Shift needed), as well as both US and UK Limited and Gift editions. Lettered editions are nice to have, but in general too pricey for me at this time. I do want at least one, and that should happen soon, as I preordered the 'Salem's Lot Lettered from CD.

I am probably I rare collector in that I don't have any interest in acquiring copies with SK signatures. I see that a lot of people will pass on a book if it has a facsimile signature, but to me its not important. Hopefully this will help keep my costs down. I do have two books with signatures, but I don't feel I paid extra for them (roman numeraled copy of Six Stories, and Cycle of the Werewolf signed by Berni Wrightson).
    Sorry I haven't chosen an Avatar yet. I will think of something. And plan to be more active in the future.

I guess to date my most prized items would be:

1st/1st Gunslinger
    Roman Numeraled copy of Six Stories
    'Salems Lot Lettered (once it arrives)
    Unbound Proof of Full Dark no Stars

I'll try to post a collections thread in a couple of weeks, right now my house is in disarray due to painting and other home upgrades. Will be looking to buy a new bookcase(s) soon.

Thanks,
    Mike

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Mike. Sounds like you have a very nice collection there. I too, ordered the 'Salem's Lot lettered edition. Did you go for the remarques as extras in the book?

Jon

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Mike. Glad to have you aboard!

John

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site, Mike. This site will certainly assist you in nurturing your collecting habits!!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Mike. Any questions you have, fire away.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Welcome Mike. Sounds like you have a very nice collection there. I too, ordered the 'Salem's Lot lettered edition. Did you go for the remarques as extras in the book?

Jon
    Yes, I ordered the remarques from David Palumbo on both the Lettered and the Numbered. These will be my first remarques.

Thanks,
    Mike

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a reminder, Mike, that once you get five posts, you have additional privileges, such as the PMs, etc.

John

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post

Jon
    Yes, I ordered the remarques from David Palumbo on both the Lettered and the Numbered. These will be my first remarques.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Cool! I also ordered the Glen Chadbourne one, but just for the lettered. Can't wait for the book as I really like the artwork I've seen so far.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome.... often good to hear from various new voices.......

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Any other collectors in Washington State?

Just curious because it seems like I'm the only one!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi everybody,

My name is Mike. I have been lurking on this site for a couple of months. I have been active a little on stephenkingcollector.com, so I recognize a lot of the same names here.

I live in the Chicagoland area (about 17 years now). I grew up near Dayton Ohio, and retain my loyalty to Cincinnati sports teams.

I started reading SK circa 1982. My first hardback purchase was Misery, and since that time I tried to always buy the hardback as soon as it came out. However there were a few I didn't realize came in hardback (DTI-IV, bachman books, Cycle of the Werewolf).

Around July of last year I started buying 1st/1st editions. I slowly dipped my toes in, and bought maybe 3 or 4, then stoped, and then picked up again in Nov. Since that time I have bought dozens of 1st/1sts and limited editions.

For now my priorities are US 1st/1st editions (Just Carrie through Night Shift needed), as well as both US and UK Limited and Gift editions. Lettered editions are nice to have, but in general too pricey for me at this time. I do want at least one, and that should happen soon, as I preordered the 'Salem's Lot Lettered from CD.

I am probably I rare collector in that I don't have any interest in acquiring copies with SK signatures. I see that a lot of people will pass on a book if it has a facsimile signature, but to me its not important. Hopefully this will help keep my costs down. I do have two books with signatures, but I don't feel I paid extra for them (roman numeraled copy of Six Stories, and Cycle of the Werewolf signed by Berni Wrightson).
    Sorry I haven't chosen an Avatar yet. I will think of something. And plan to be more active in the future.

I guess to date my most prized items would be:

1st/1st Gunslinger
    Roman Numeraled copy of Six Stories
    'Salems Lot Lettered (once it arrives)
    Unbound Proof of Full Dark no Stars

I'll try to post a collections thread in a couple of weeks, right now my house is in disarray due to painting and other home upgrades. Will be looking to buy a new bookcase(s) soon.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Welcome to the board Mike! I look forward to seeing a new collection page.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Meagan J View Post
    Pretty sure there's a few up that way and a few more here in Oregon.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice Meagan J is on a distinguished road Meagan J's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Pretty sure there's a few up that way and a few more here in Oregon.
    Nice!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

No, you're not the only one.

Traveler august1 will become famous soon enough

Hi, I just joined and have been reading/collecting since I was a kid. I've only really collected the Dark Tower series and I have all of the first editions including artist editions, signatures, remarques, of each with the exception of Gunslinger and Wizard and Glass. So for now I am hoping to complete the DT Artist series and then start looking for S/L copies.

Also, for anyone out there interested, Grant Books has first edition copies of DT II Drawing of the Three, signed by artist Phil Hale, for sale at their website for $75. Check it out at GrantBooks.com.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site august1. Sounds like you got a nice Dark Tower collection. Do you collect any other authors?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, august1! Sounds like you have some nice items!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome August! I look forward to seeing the collection.

Traveler august1 will become famous soon enough

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!
    Jonp, while I've been a lifelong "collector" of books I love, I've only been recently acquiring "collectible" editions. Right now I'm focused on Stephen King (the Dark Tower series) and Cormac McCarthy who is one of my all-time favorite authors. His novel Blood Meridian is at the top of that list. I also have some editions by William Gibson (Neuromancer S/L), Harlan Ellison, and Neil Gaiman. Really though I'm a fan of everything from Bukowski to Tolkien.

Cheers,

Bill

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by august1 View Post
    Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!
    Jonp, while I've been a lifelong "collector" of books I love, I've only been recently acquiring "collectible" editions. Right now I'm focused on Stephen King (the Dark Tower series) and Cormac McCarthy who is one of my all-time favorite authors. His novel Blood Meridian is at the top of that list. I also have some editions by William Gibson (Neuromancer S/L), Harlan Ellison, and Neil Gaiman. Really though I'm a fan of everything from Bukowski to Tolkien.

Cheers,

Bill
    First off, welcome to the site. You'll probably want to peruse the collection threads and view the eclectic selection of P & J's everyone here has. Then perhaps post your own.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast